[Early] Colourfull Hell - Arsenal v11 (Benellus rune)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
TheSkyBug

[Early] Colourfull Hell - Arsenal v11 (Benellus rune)

Post by TheSkyBug »

I so much love the Colourfull Hell mod by Hege Cactus.
But i always want to see weapons of all that monsters in my hands.
So, one good day i began to make this - not so colour arsenal for Colourfull Hell.

Here some screenshots for you:
Spoiler:
Notes:
-You can carry only 6 weapons with you. I've made this, because 20 useless weapons in your pockets - it's very annoying, when you use only 3-4. To drop weapon - press G (Can be changed). You also can collect void orbs to increase your weapon capacity. They're always drops from bosses.
-Some weapons must be made from some parts. When you find all parts of some weapon - use this part to combine them. Every weapon has it's unique parts colour. If you already have this weapon, or have 6 weapons - it will be dropped on ground.
-All weapons are drops from monsters. Every default weapon stayed the same with some differents (Completely remade Chaingun, because 2 miniguns with different firerates in 1 mod - it's stupid).
-IDFA will give you ALL weapons, so think twice before use it - it will be much more interesting to find this weapons in game, instead of cheating.
-Always check weapon altfires! Some of them have it.
-You don't need the original Colourfull hell mod - all monsters are included with arsenal.

Credits:
Note: if i miss someone, or your content is not free to use - just tell me and i'm add you in credits, or replace your content with something another.
Note №2: credits contain a large amount of weapon spoilers, so if you want to play it, instead of check credits for your content - don't look at it!
Note №3: i just write from where I take that. I'm not sure where that appears first.
Spoiler:
Download:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/jmaj20d3o ... al.v11.pk3

That's all, folks!
Now i'm sit back and waiting for your opinion in comments.
Last edited by TheSkyBug on Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:00 am, edited 27 times in total.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Re: [Early] Colourfull Hell - Arsenal v1

Post by wildweasel »

Hi, regarding your credits, citing "Realm 667" might be technically correct, but the Realm has full credits for each one, and I think it'd be nice if all the original credits could be included.
TheSkyBug

Post by TheSkyBug »

wildweasel wrote:Hi, regarding your credits, citing "Realm 667" might be technically correct, but the Realm has full credits for each one, and I think it'd be nice if all the original credits could be included.
Edited.
Big C

Post by Big C »

Screenshots are bugaboo'd!
Yholl

Post by Yholl »

Is there a specific reason you've included the entirety of Colourful Hell in this mod? If it just adds an arsenal of weapons, this is not a good idea for many, many reasons.
Ribo Zurai

Post by Ribo Zurai »

Why does the four shell pickup only give you only two shells to actually use?
-Ghost-

Post by -Ghost- »

Yeah, ammo can get a little tight since you can't seem to pick up weapons for ammo anymore.
Espilonarge

Post by Espilonarge »

Could you separate the weapon pack from the Colorful Hell mod, please?

Also, could you please fix the links to the screenshots?
Evil Operative
Location: Inside a land where Walls and Decors are covered in Blood and Guts. (Brutal)

Post by Evil Operative »

Tried this, looks and feels pretty cool with all the reloading animations and smooth weapons. There is good scope for this mod in the future. :)
RUNSABER

Post by RUNSABER »

First and foremost, I didn't have Colourfull Hell in my ZDoom folder and found it quite convenient that it was (accidentally) thrown in with the rest of the package. So kudos there. As for most of the mod, I'm playing it with ZDoom using Switcheroom as the chosen map pack. The new actors for bullets are rather pleasing and gives the pistol a bit of usability, though I was happier to finally get ahold of a shotgun. The updated animations also give this mod a majestic touch of aesthetics! I managed to get ahold of the Unmaker Zombie's weapon and one thing I found to be very cool is that you can get additional parts to build weaponry! It's like Doom RPG for GZDoom but without the quality concerns I have regarding using the latest reiterations of the port. That said, this is a wonderful alternative and can be fun for co-op oriented play. I will report later as my journey continues. Hopefully I don't run into the White Shotgun God that always kicks my ass. If ammo is tight, you may have to use any and all of the weapons at your disposal. It may help to play a balanced map pack along with this mod as levels with little to no ammo may be detrimental until the author updates the weapon ammo issue.
Johnyledger1

Post by Johnyledger1 »

Brilliant!

I have been waiting for a few more aesthetics to be added to this mainly aesthetics wad. I love the variety and i love how it matched perfectly with Colorful doom. The poison gas shotgun is the best of the "shotguns make cloud" I have seen since RSL's Space Amazon. I get a bunch of errors when loading this with Gzdoom. I am new to modding in general, been playing doom for a long time. So maybe this is normal or I don't know. Anyways, enjoyed a quick play through. I as well used the Switcheroom wad, goes together beautifully. Looking forward to updates.
TheSkyBug

Post by TheSkyBug »

Yholl wrote:Is there a specific reason you've included the entirety of Colourful Hell in this mod? If it just adds an arsenal of weapons, this is not a good idea for many, many reasons.
If i correctly understand you, this mod is not just a bunch of random weapons - near all weapons are drops "With logic" - Blue shotgunner drops railgun, green shotgunner - toxic shotgun...
Espilonarge wrote:Could you separate the weapon pack from the Colorful Hell mod, please?

Also, could you please fix the links to the screenshots?
I can separate it, but... For what? This will be the 2-nd DoomRL arsenal without Colourfull Hell monsters, but if you want it so much...
And i see screenshots correctly... Maybe because i'm a newbie on this forum and don't understand some things.
Ribo Zurai wrote:Why does the four shell pickup only give you only two shells to actually use?
Well... Only dropped shells. I forget about that specific of Doom - every dropped items are cuted in half with their counts. I will fix this in the next update.
Tapwave
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Tapwave »

TheSkyBug wrote:If i correctly understand you, this mod is not just a bunch of random weapons - near all weapons are drops "With logic" - Blue shotgunner drops railgun, green shotgunner - toxic shotgun...
He asked why you included the entire Colorful hell mod in it.

TheSkyBug wrote:I can separate it, but... For what? This will be the 2-nd DoomRL arsenal without Colourfull Hell monsters, but if you want it so much...
And i see screenshots correctly... Maybe because i'm a newbie on this forum and don't understand some things.
A. Some people might want to play it just like this.
B. You can't include a full mod that isn't yours without the agreement of the original author.
C. What has DoomRL to do with any of this?

As for the screenshots, you're using highly broken dropbox links. I suggest using imgur instead.
TheSkyBug

Post by TheSkyBug »

Tapwave wrote:
TheSkyBug wrote:If i correctly understand you, this mod is not just a bunch of random weapons - near all weapons are drops "With logic" - Blue shotgunner drops railgun, green shotgunner - toxic shotgun...
He asked why you included the entire Colorful hell mod in it.

TheSkyBug wrote:I can separate it, but... For what? This will be the 2-nd DoomRL arsenal without Colourfull Hell monsters, but if you want it so much...
A. Some people might want to play it just like this.
B. You can't include a full mod that isn't yours without the agreement of the original author.
C. What has DoomRL to do with any of this?

As for the screenshots, you're using highly broken dropbox links. I suggest using imgur instead.
I have the agreement of Colourfull Hell author, you can ask him if you don't believe me.
And this mod is something like Add-on for Colourfull hell.
Why second DooMRL arsenal without monsters? Because it's randomly dropped weapons, limited count of them and some RPG(?)-like elements. For all that was created DoomRL Arsenal.
Thanks for screenshots problem solving. I will fix it shortly.
Hege Cactus

Post by Hege Cactus »

Oh neat you finally got it to release position
Yes I can confirm that I've had agreements with this mod and I've been keeping in touch with skybug via PM before about this

Tho if it was seperated for smaller file size convienence we could look into some sort of simpler patch to add the drop rates of the weapons and parts to the monsters themselves via seperate patch or I could add the code part things to the mod itself in some point for detecting the weapon mod if it plays, but I am not too experienced with weapons/items modification to completely know how its done and/or to know if it causes issues with other mods.

So I dont really mind if you keep the mod itself in it, but if there's easier or more convienient ways to do it, those could be looked up on and I can try give help with it on the monster side.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”