[Early] Colourfull Hell - Arsenal v11 (Benellus rune)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Espilonarge

Re: [Early] Colourfull Hell - Arsenal v1

Post by Espilonarge »

TheSkyBug wrote:I can separate it, but... For what? This will be the 2-nd DoomRL arsenal without Colourfull Hell monsters, but if you want it so much...
Because some of us already have Colorful Hell and it's unnecessary bandwidth usage. On top of that, if it's updated again, you would have to repackage them both together again.
Yholl

Post by Yholl »

TheSkyBug wrote:I can separate it, but... For what? This will be the 2-nd DoomRL arsenal without Colourfull Hell monsters, but if you want it so much...
The main thing that comes to mind is the moment Colourful Hell updates, your mod will now be out of date. If it's a simple weapon addon, then you won't even need to do anything, and it'll work on all versions.
Hege Cactus wrote:Tho if it was seperated for smaller file size convienence we could look into some sort of simpler patch to add the drop rates of the weapons and parts to the monsters themselves via seperate patch or I could add the code part things to the mod itself in some point for detecting the weapon mod if it plays, but I am not too experienced with weapons/items modification to completely know how its done and/or to know if it causes issues with other mods.

So I dont really mind if you keep the mod itself in it, but if there's easier or more convienient ways to do it, those could be looked up on and I can try give help with it on the monster side.
There's a few ways to go about that.
First way that comes to mind is he simply inherits and replaces all the monsters that drop his mod items. Very simple, and will of course work no matter what changes you make to the monsters.
The second way would be that you add special unique actors for each monster type that they drop on death. These wouldn't need to be anything, and could just remove themselves instantly.
Then he can just replace those actors with his items. A bit more work than the first idea, though.
TheSkyBug

Post by TheSkyBug »

Yholl wrote:
The main thing that comes to mind is the moment Colourful Hell updates, your mod will now be out of date. If it's a simple weapon addon, then you won't even need to do anything, and it'll work on all versions.
Hege Cactus wrote:Tho if it was seperated for smaller file size convienence we could look into some sort of simpler patch to add the drop rates of the weapons and parts to the monsters themselves via seperate patch or I could add the code part things to the mod itself in some point for detecting the weapon mod if it plays, but I am not too experienced with weapons/items modification to completely know how its done and/or to know if it causes issues with other mods.

So I dont really mind if you keep the mod itself in it, but if there's easier or more convienient ways to do it, those could be looked up on and I can try give help with it on the monster side.
There's a few ways to go about that.
First way that comes to mind is he simply inherits and replaces all the monsters that drop his mod items. Very simple, and will of course work no matter what changes you make to the monsters.
The second way would be that you add special unique actors for each monster type that they drop on death. These wouldn't need to be anything, and could just remove themselves instantly.
Then he can just replace those actors with his items. A bit more work than the first idea, though.
Every time when Hege Cactus update his mod - I update my mod.
Problems of monsters... I think i can do the same thing as it done author of OMG weapons (Sorry, i can't correctly write his nickname): make separate wad, that will replace colour monsters (And original weapon spawners) with the same actors, but addapted for this addon (Monsters will drop weapons, original weapons will not be randomly replaced with mod's weapons). I will do it in the next update, and if i don't make mistakes, it's very easy to done.
RUNSABER

Post by RUNSABER »

I didn't mind that it was packaged together in one file. I found it very convenient as I mentioned yesterday. I found out that the Drop Weapon mechanic is pretty nifty, similar to Hideous Destructor in terms of weapon weight. I made the mistake of thinking the Assault Rifle was stronger than the Light Machine Gun, though I found they both have their advantages and caveats. For example:

Light Machine Gun:
  • High Rate of Fire
    Bullet Accuracy decreases with Rate
    Larger Magazine
Assault Rifle:
  • 3-Round Burst Fire (Battle Rifle)
    Smaller Magazine
    Bullet Accuracy remains steady with Rate
So with this in mind, each weapon is useful depending on the situation you are dealing with. You won't need a pistol if you find an Assault Rifle, and you won't need a shotgun if you find a Toxic Shotgun or Buckshot. Use with strategy!
-Ghost-

Post by -Ghost- »

Will you be adding some new armors and other items to go with the weapons? Some tougher gear might help, especially with those black enemies that'll shred you pretty quickly. A special rare backpack or something that lets you carry even more than double ammo would be cool too.

And this is my personal preference, but the pistol should just fire if you hold down the button. I generally don't like click to shoot weapons unless they're powerful enough to make it worth it. Otherwise it feels like I'm just wearing my mouse button out on imps and zombies.
TheSkyBug

Post by TheSkyBug »

-Ghost- wrote:Will you be adding some new armors and other items to go with the weapons? Some tougher gear might help, especially with those black enemies that'll shred you pretty quickly. A special rare backpack or something that lets you carry even more than double ammo would be cool too.
I'm thinked about that before, but i'm actually not sure if i will add this... 70% of me tell to do it, while 30% tell not. I think, it will be added, because some weapons eat LARGE amount of ammo, for perhaps.
RUNSABER wrote:I didn't mind that it was packaged together in one file. I found it very convenient as I mentioned yesterday. I found out that the Drop Weapon mechanic is pretty nifty, similar to Hideous Destructor in terms of weapon weight. I made the mistake of thinking the Assault Rifle was stronger than the Light Machine Gun, though I found they both have their advantages and caveats. For example:

Light Machine Gun:
  • High Rate of Fire
    Bullet Accuracy decreases with Rate
    Larger Magazine
Assault Rifle:
  • 3-Round Burst Fire (Battle Rifle)
    Smaller Magazine
    Bullet Accuracy remains steady with Rate
So with this in mind, each weapon is useful depending on the situation you are dealing with. You won't need a pistol if you find an Assault Rifle, and you won't need a shotgun if you find a Toxic Shotgun or Buckshot. Use with strategy!
To be honest: Machinegun's accuracy didn't decreases with firerate, but it still strongly inaccuracy, so it can be used on close or middle distances.
Also: check the assault rifle's altfire. If you kill some yellow dams, you can get some grenades from their corpses and shoot it from rifle (Their amount you can check in your inventory).
-Ghost- wrote: And this is my personal preference, but the pistol should just fire if you hold down the button. I generally don't like click to shoot weapons unless they're powerful enough to make it worth it. Otherwise it feels like I'm just wearing my mouse button out on imps and zombies.
Well... I think it's fun, when gun's firerate depends from your "Click rate" - it makes a feeling, that you really pressing on trigger instead of mouse button... But for those who don't like it, i can make a little mutator, that will give autofire for pistol.
RUNSABER

Post by RUNSABER »

Ah, so THAT's what those Rifle grenades are for!!! ;) I will certainly hold on to that puppy for future reference! That will come in handy during a pinch. Black enemies are pretty tough and are quite the spongy adversaries. I don't know if triple ammo will suffice against them, but I know that extra armour might. Maybe some Gold and Amethyst/Diamond armour with added resistance? Who knows! From what I take of the pistol, it's firing rate reminds me of the Complex Pistol from Complex Doom. That thing can be quite helpful the faster you fire and the shots depend on your aim. It takes a little bit, but make it work until you get a shotgun. It will be worth the reward after pelleting zombies in the chest with it.
-Ghost-

Post by -Ghost- »

Yeah, I already changed the pistol myself, it just bugs me to have to spam click a bunch of times.
TheSkyBug

Re: [Early] Colourfull Hell - Arsenal v2

Post by TheSkyBug »

Alright, first update.

Changelog:
-Added 3 new guns. All they are dropped from bosses, so try to find it =)
-Now every dropped weapon deals a little damage when hit monsters. Just for fun.
-File was smashed into 3 new: full arsenal, only weapons, and compability patch. Read more in the top of topic.

Also:
I'm thinking about adding grenades and "Pushing" funciton - it will be work like kick in SUAB, but instead of leg you hero will push enemies backward with his mighty punch. It will deal much less damage than fists on 1 slot, but have powerfull knockback. What are you think about that, guys?
TheSkyBug

Re: [Early] Colourfull Hell - Arsenal v3

Post by TheSkyBug »

Second update.

Changelog:
-Added 2 new guns. First is common, second 100% consists of referencesю
-Increased common chaingunnger and shotgunner weapon drop chance.

Because no one didn't write feedbacks ( :( ) i'm not added grenades or pushing, but i still waiting for your opinion about that.
Espilonarge

Post by Espilonarge »

Error -> Could not find script lump 'decorate/Weapons/AutoShotgun'

Keeps happening regardless of order set (GZDooM SVN is latest and tested with both V77 and V74).

Also, Colourful Hell was just recently updated to v77. Might want to get on to that soon. :)
TheSkyBug

Post by TheSkyBug »

Espilonarge wrote:Error -> Could not find script lump 'decorate/Weapons/AutoShotgun'

Keeps happening regardless of order set (GZDooM SVN is latest and tested with both V77 and V74).

Also, Colourful Hell was just recently updated to v77. Might want to get on to that soon. :)
Woops! Sorry, fixed.

And i downloading new version on DropBox now.
TheSkyBug

Post by TheSkyBug »

Updated for new version of Colourfull Hell.
TheSkyBug

Re: [Early] Colourfull Hell - Arsenal v4

Post by TheSkyBug »

Another little update:

Changelog:
-Added 1 new gun.
-Maked the 8 weapon slot that contain demonic weapons. For now it contain 2 weapons (One is new, another was moved from 6 slot).
-Rebalanced some weapons.
-Changed operating principle and improved animation of one weapon (Try to find it :) )
-Added first custom armor, that drops from bosses. It's much more powerfull than blue armor.
TheSkyBug

Re: [Early] Colourfull Hell - Arsenal v4

Post by TheSkyBug »

Replace "Compliments" with "Feedbacks" and you will learn what i need from you.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”