[Early] Colourfull Hell - Arsenal v11 (Benellus rune)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
TheSkyBug

Re: [Early] Colourfull Hell - Arsenal v10

Post by TheSkyBug »

Another update:

-Updated addon to newest version of CH (Finally).
-Added 2 new weapons.
-A LOT of balance tweaks.
-Some bugfixes.
-A bunch of optimization.
-I forgot something as always.
a.dusty.taco

Re: [Early] Colourfull Hell - Arsenal v10

Post by a.dusty.taco »

I think this mod is pretty cool. But with that said there are some down sides. First being that it isn't up to date with the new colorful hell and second that it is restricted to only run with colorful hell since colorful hell is in the same wad. Something else is i feel like there is more weapons that arn't from colorful hell and more from other mods. I would like to see more weapons from actual enemies in the mod though. And please make it to where this mod dosen't include colorful hell.
TheSkyBug

Re: [Early] Colourfull Hell - Arsenal v11 (Benellus rune)

Post by TheSkyBug »

I don't know why am I still updating this crap, but anyway, here's another update:

-Updated addon to newest version of CH (As always).
-Added Benellus rune, which allows you to turn into a God of shotguns for a short time. (Take a wild guess who drops it)
-Added 2 new weapons.
-Added 1 special weapon.
-Tons of bugfixes, balance and drop tweaks. Also lots of weapon reworks (Pulse shotgun is no more a useless shit, yay!)
-Added void orbs that can increase the number of weapons you can carry. They drops from bosses with 100% chance.
Someone64

Post by Someone64 »

I actually really like this pack. The weapons feel nice and look decent and are fun to use. I wish this was also a standalone weapons pack that can be used with other monster packs but I guess that would require redesigning of drops and weapon spawning.
durbdoogle

Post by durbdoogle »

TheSkyBug wrote:I don't know why am I still updating this crap, but anyway, here's another update:

-Updated addon to newest version of CH (As always).
-Added Benellus rune, which allows you to turn into a God of shotguns for a short time. (Take a wild guess who drops it)
-Added 2 new weapons.
-Added 1 special weapon.
-Tons of bugfixes, balance and drop tweaks. Also lots of weapon reworks (Pulse shotgun is no more a useless shit, yay!)
-Added void orbs that can increase the number of weapons you can carry. They drops from bosses with 100% chance.

I'm glad you're still updating, for what it's worth
Samarai1000
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Samarai1000 »

I really don't know why you call this crap, I just tried it for the first time and it's a lot of fun! I never found a weaponset that fits CH well. The weapons here and quite punchy and have a great amount of variety.
Phantom Shade

Post by Phantom Shade »

Please do that so the weapons that can be found on the map not to be the same but appear randomly. I ask for repairing this one bug so that weapons appear randomly. Thank you
TheSkyBug

Post by TheSkyBug »

Phantom Shade wrote:Please do that so the weapons that can be found on the map not to be the same but appear randomly. I ask for repairing this one bug so that weapons appear randomly. Thank you
That's not a bug. All custom weapons are dropped by monsters, so to get powerfull weapons you must defeat powerfull monsters. Putting every weapon in random spawner will totally break the game.
Someone64 wrote:I actually really like this pack. The weapons feel nice and look decent and are fun to use. I wish this was also a standalone weapons pack that can be used with other monster packs but I guess that would require redesigning of drops and weapon spawning.
I'll create this with the next update.
a.dusty.taco

Post by a.dusty.taco »

Very fun but... All railgun weapons don't seem to shoot any actual projectile. Also, Did you turn up the spawn rate of certain monsters? Maybe I'm just super unlucky but I've seen a lot of nasty spawns while playing this than with other weapon mods.
zitro1987

Post by zitro1987 »

So far this mod is great, giving you the firepower you need to battle the higher HP monsters. It seems to work best by customizing the spawn rates to be more favorable to blue/purple/orange/red given your advantage.

So far, there are a couple of things that bug me a bit:
*The starter pistol is very very weak (not any better than the vanilla pistol with lower damage but higher rate) and consumes a lot of ammo. I played almost an entire first level with it and it was very challenging.

*The frequency of the protection powerup is too high. I seem to encounter a few in every level and can make certain parts of the game (or a custom level) easier than it was intended to.

*One of the weapon '5's that is obtained from purple chaingunner is extremely powerful with relatively abundant ammo. The damage output is superior to even the upgraded plasma gun. I suggest ammo being scarce (given it is not one of the 4 common ammo types) or lowering the damage output by around 20%

*The weapon limit of just 6 affect my enjoyment. I understand the need to remove the annoyance of flipping through many weapons, but I think a limit of 8 would allow you to feel comfortable with a melee weapon and a bit more variety to fight these tough colorful enemies.
CyanSquare

Post by CyanSquare »

I love this mod so much and wish to see more weapons in it (Maybe from Roguelike Arsenal?)
+ Weapons powerfull enough to kill high tier monsters.
+ Idea with store only few weapons is great (for each type of ammo)

But I discovered some issues with this mod: (that IMO ofcourse)
- A lot of unnecesarry new ammo types. I guess it's better to stick to standart assets (bullets, shells, rockets, cells)
- Upgraded system is not required if you can just make drop these weapons as rare loot out of foes.

Also I would really recommend to use this mod with:
Target Spy and Modified "Use to Pick-Up" (because there's a lot of unnecesarry weapons player takes automaticly)
Attachments
use-to-pickup-modded.pk3
Use to pick-up
(34.67 KiB) Downloaded 55 times

Return to “Gameplay Mods”