OMG Weapons and Monsters! V5 - TENTH ANNIVERSARy EDITION

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Doomguy 2000

Re: OMG Weapons and Monsters! V3 - THE REBIRTH

Post by Doomguy 2000 »

2005 was when I got back into Doom and this was one of the first wads I've played ever since I figured out how to run ZDoom.
deathz0r
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Re: OMG Weapons and Monsters! V4 - PK3, split downloads and

Post by deathz0r »

New version! More rebalancing, new monsters and weapons, and other cool things! It's a PK3 now as well!

The biggest changes for this version are that the mod now has the option of split downloads: one for the weapons, one for the monsters, and one for the item drops of former humans and nazis. This means that now you can now mix your favourite weapons/gameplay mod with either the weapons or monsters from OMGWPNS! COOL

The reason for the separate PK3 for the item drops is that in the monsters PK3, all former humans and nazis drop their default item which should allow for better balance with other weapons mods. Ideally the item drop PK3 should be run with the weapons PK3 so that you don't run out of ammo constantly for weapons that use different ammo types compared to their base weapon. The weapons PK3 on its own replaces the Shotgun and Chaingun guys with duplicates that only drop the normal Shotgun and Chaingun, keep that in mind with regards to the order of loading the PK3s, as the weapons PK3 should be loaded before the monsters PK3. Downloading the item drop PK3 is optional.

Other relatively major changes include adding the Laser Pistol with 10 cells as a default weapon alongside the vanilla pistol, replacing the vanilla fists with the fast fists, and weapon switching now being twice as fast as vanilla Doom, which should allow for easier weapon switching in intense situations. Read the full changelog in the OP for all of the changes!

OMG Weapons and Monsters! V4

OMG Weapons! V4
OMG Monsters! V4
Modified item drops for former humans and nazis V4 (optional)
Last edited by deathz0r on Sun May 31, 2015 4:36 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Endless123

Post by Endless123 »

Why not releasing a full version with all the changes included as well(all weapons, monsters and the item drop in one single file)? So ppl like me won't have to download 3 files to experience the full mod. Just saying ...
deathz0r

Post by deathz0r »

Endless123 wrote:Why not releasing a full version with all the changes included as well(all weapons, monsters and the item drop in one single file)? So ppl like me won't have to download 3 files to experience the full mod. Just saying ...
It's 650KB total, I don't see why this is an issue
Endless123

Post by Endless123 »

It's not the size, it's for practicality. Having to launch 3 pk3 files at once if not using zdoom launcher can be an issue. One other thing, in what order someone needs to load the 3 files to avoid errors at launch? A single file avoids possible problems or errors that come up if multiple pk3 files are loaded on the wrong order.

Don't get me wrong i really like your mod, what i don't like is having to load 3 pk3 files to enjoy the whole mod as you intended to be.
deathz0r

Post by deathz0r »

Endless123 wrote:It's not the size, it's for practicality. Having to launch 3 pk3 files at once if not using zdoom launcher can be an issue. One other thing, in what order someone needs to load the 3 files to avoid errors at launch? A single file avoids possible problems or errors that come up if multiple pk3 files are loaded on the wrong order.

Don't get me wrong i really like your mod, what i don't like is having to load 3 pk3 files to enjoy the whole mod as you intended to be.
Oh yeah, duh. I got fixated at the last minute with splitting them in two as I've had enough requests, that I overwrote the full mod. Recreated it easily enough (with the added benefit of making it easier for me to do future versions with split downloads) here:

OMG Weapons and Monsters! V4

I'll update the OP
Endless123

Post by Endless123 »

cs89

Post by cs89 »

I can't load the whole mod because I get always this

"Script error, "omgwams_v04.pk3:decorate/monsters/wolfensteinss.txt" line 6:
Expected '{', got 'ACTOR'.
"
I tried with the newest svn build of GZDoom and an earlier version. :?
Triple S

Post by Triple S »

csikocska89 wrote:I can't load the whole mod because I get always this

"
I took a look, deathz0r accidentally put another bracket in that file. If you open the PK3 up (I used 7ZIP because fuck it why not) and go to decorate/monsters and open the WolfensteinSS.txt file, you'll see }} on the fourth line. Just delete one of the } and you'll be fine.
deathz0r

Post by deathz0r »

Triple S wrote:
csikocska89 wrote:I can't load the whole mod because I get always this

"
I took a look, deathz0r accidentally put another bracket in that file. If you open the PK3 up (I used 7ZIP because fuck it why not) and go to decorate/monsters and open the WolfensteinSS.txt file, you'll see }} on the fourth line. Just delete one of the } and you'll be fine.
...and this is why I shouldn't be doing changes at 1:30AM on a Sunday night, reuploaded!
deathz0r

Post by deathz0r »

V5 trailer should be coming soon in a few days! I decided I was impatient with waiting for named scripts in Zandronum as the tenth anniversary of the original upload is fast approaching (July 14th), so I went and implemented a few things:

http://i.imgur.com/55LMjn1.png
Spoiler:
Ribo Zurai

Post by Ribo Zurai »

Ohhh this looks good! :D
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

OMG indeed, and i do remember i was played this mod long years ago. what a good times. and even more good to see it again.
deathz0r

Post by deathz0r »

July 14th! Enjoy this trailer that I made entirely tonight because I've been too busy IRL to make something more refined
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

i heavily lAAAAAAAughed out because of that red AAAAAAAAAAAAAgitated revenant flew up high to punch you, anyway good news.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”