[Beta] Contra Doom b06 - Wanted: Player skins

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Re: [Beta] Contra Doom b05 - Valiant patch released!

Post by Captain J »

i bet supporter will make the player sprite, including me!
Gourd

Post by Gourd »

Hello!

I'm new to Doom mods. I'm having a bit of trouble and was looking in some places to find help so I registered. I ran into the respawn issue mentioned in the OP (as well as weird flashing of the gun sprite). I saw that you said load Contra Doom last, but I'm not sure I follow. In the ZDoom I have, it doesn't actually let me select .pk3/WAD files from a checkbox or anything I want outside of the actual vanilla Doom wads. So I'd have to drag the mods I want over the zDoom executable and if I want multiple ones I have to ctrl+click the files I want. It worked for most things and let me go through Saturn X with Guncaster. But it doesn't work for this.

If I'm doing something wrong, I'd love help or a link to explain my issue. Thank you. c:
Cryomundus

Post by Cryomundus »

Gourd wrote:Hello!

I'm new to Doom mods. I'm having a bit of trouble and was looking in some places to find help so I registered. I ran into the respawn issue mentioned in the OP (as well as weird flashing of the gun sprite). I saw that you said load Contra Doom last, but I'm not sure I follow. In the ZDoom I have, it doesn't actually let me select .pk3/WAD files from a checkbox or anything I want outside of the actual vanilla Doom wads. So I'd have to drag the mods I want over the zDoom executable and if I want multiple ones I have to ctrl+click the files I want. It worked for most things and let me go through Saturn X with Guncaster. But it doesn't work for this.

If I'm doing something wrong, I'd love help or a link to explain my issue. Thank you. c:
Use ZDE, it let's you determine load orders, choose what engine you want, create saved custom load files, and a bunch of other neat stuff.
Gourd

Post by Gourd »

Thank you so much! I'll download and figure it out. Strangely enough, Contra Doom works just fine sometimes regardless of my prior ghetto load method, but that was only twice. This should let me do a bit more. Greatly appreciated. c:

EDIT: Hrm... I still don't respawn when I die.
Beed28

Post by Beed28 »

Yeah, whatever map pack you're trying to play may have its own MAPINFO that will override Contra Doom's own MAPINFO (which allows you to respawn, there's no other way around it) if you load it after Contra Doom.

Also, in what way are you "not respawning"? Are you actually stuck, or does the map reset? You'll probably need to press the USE key (same key that to hit switches and open doors).
Gourd

Post by Gourd »

Ok. Thank you. I thought it was automatic respawn so I didn't think to press use. That solves all my issues. Thanks, guys. 'u`
Beed28

Post by Beed28 »

Hey guys! You can expect a new release very soon. I'm doing the last few things, and testing. I've finally got round to replacing the sounds from the newer sounds file, except the Flamethrower, because when I tried out the new one ingame, its audio was really "crackly" as the fire button was held down. I'm sorry about that. Zandronum players, please note: Contra Doom loads on the latest 3.0 alpha, so for that reason, I won't waste time and effort on maintaining two separate versions.
YukesVonFaust

Post by YukesVonFaust »

Beed28 wrote:Hey guys! You can expect a new release very soon. I'm doing the last few things, and testing. I've finally got round to replacing the sounds from the newer sounds file, except the Flamethrower, because when I tried out the new one ingame, its audio was really "crackly" as the fire button was held down. I'm sorry about that. Zandronum players, please note: Contra Doom loads on the latest 3.0 alpha, so for that reason, I won't waste time and effort on maintaining two separate versions.
*HYPE FOR FAST-PACED CONTRA INTENSIFIES*
btw, will you try to remake The Outfoxies for Doom?
Laggy

Post by Laggy »

Beed28 wrote:Zandronum players, please note: Contra Doom loads on the latest 3.0 alpha, so for that reason, I won't waste time and effort on maintaining two separate versions.
Neat! More reasons to test 3.0!
Beed28

Re: [Beta] Contra Doom b06 - Heretic is here!

Post by Beed28 »

Well, I guess it's finally time.

Download b06: https://www.sendspace.com/file/mb47kt
(Zandronum users: You must use the 3.0 alpha to load Contra Doom)

CHANGELOG:
Spoiler:
As for the patches, I'll probably go and update them soon.
YukesVonFaust

Post by YukesVonFaust »

Beed28 wrote:Well, I guess it's finally time.

Download b06: https://www.sendspace.com/file/mb47kt
(Zandronum users: You must use the 3.0 alpha to load Contra Doom)

CHANGELOG:
Spoiler:
As for the patches, I'll probably go and update them soon.
Oh boy, can't wait to play this one.
it's the perfect christmas gift!
Big C

Post by Big C »

IT'S TIME FOR REVENGE. LET'S ATTACK AGGRESSIVELY!
VriskaSerket
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by VriskaSerket »

It's just perfect!
Can't wait for a future Hard Corps weapon addon for this!
I also really like the background pics (menu, intermission, enemy showcase, console)
Now the only thing that could possibly make me happier is a Metal Slug mod...
Big C

Post by Big C »

VriskaSerket wrote: Now the only thing that could possibly make me happier is a Metal Slug mod...
http://zdoom.org/wiki/Action_Doom
Laggy

Post by Laggy »

Action Doom being inspired by Metal Slug AND Contra doesn't make it a Metal Slug mod.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”