[Beta] Contra Doom b06 - Wanted: Player skins

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Cryomundus

Re: [Beta] Contra Doom b06 - Wanted: Player skins

Post by Cryomundus »

Beed28 wrote:For respawning, the MAPINFO respawning is going to be abandoned. Instead, it now asks the player to type in "sv_singleplayerrespawn 1" into the console if it's not on beforehand (I might make a .BAT file for loading the mod that automatically enables it). For the music, it's very basic, and if the WAD has music that isn't the default Doom/Doom II/Heretic namespaces, it won't have an effect. It's not like some other music packs out there, which chooses a random song for each level.
It's actually now built into the more recent GZdoom engine, you just need to type in "sv_singleplayerrespawn 1" before starting a game.
JohnnyTheWolf

Post by JohnnyTheWolf »

Is there a way to make it permanently enabled from the start?
TheBoltReaper

Post by TheBoltReaper »

Well, in my opinion this Wad is great, I liked the way you put the guns and also the new mechanics that you put in the game (like changing weapons and jumping higher).But the game can be more cool if you add the Contra enemies and have the Contra characters (Bill and Lance) instead of Doomguy.But yes, the Wad is very good and doesn't have glitch's,good job :D (but please,put the link of the Wad in other place than Send Space,because Send Space maybe can take down the link making no one ever playing again)
VriskaSerket
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by VriskaSerket »

TheBoltReaper wrote:(but please,put the link of the Wad in other place than Send Space,because Send Space maybe can take down the link making no one ever playing again)
I've got backups of all the files just in case
I wonder if this mod is dead though, it'd be cool to see an update
therealbrettalt

Post by therealbrettalt »

The patches are up to download but b06 link is broken.
skdursh

Post by skdursh »

therealbrettalt wrote:The patches are up to download but b06 link is broken.
https://allfearthesentinel.net/zandronu ... om_b06.pk3
JohnnyTheWolf

Post by JohnnyTheWolf »

I have been playing this mod with Dark Tartarus, which extreme difficulty seems to be a perfect match for Contra Doom.

However, I find myself unable to activate triggers that require to be shot; it seems the weapon projectiles are all too large to go through narrow spaces. Is there a workaround?
Vphurple Izumi
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Vphurple Izumi »

Good stuff, howerver it seems to not save the settings when ya restart,

Also the white reskin of an ar dosnt really fit in with contra so i made my own custom sprite lol.

like its not good or anything but imo its better than a recoloured ar

Return to “Gameplay Mods”