[Beta] Contra Doom b06 - Wanted: Player skins

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Re: [Beta] Contra Doom b06 - Heretic is here!

Post by Captain J »

deathcam, always love deathcam. the death tastes bitter at the end, but at least deathcam is bitter yet sweet.
scalliano wrote:Anyway, this is ace. Any plans for the Hard Corps weapons in the future? ;)
making it as an addon would be interesting IMO!
Beed28

Re: [Beta] Contra Doom b06 - Wanted: Player skins

Post by Beed28 »

Hey guys! Apologies for the bump. Something I need; to this day, Contra Doom is still lacking proper skins for the player. Specifically, these two:

Bill: http://www.spriters-resource.com/snes/c ... eet/23780/
Probotector: http://www.spriters-resource.com/snes/c ... heet/7683/

I posted them in the Resource Request thread, but got no response to them. If skins of these two were made and replaced the standard Doom marine, my mod would feel much more complete!
BrokenArrow

Post by BrokenArrow »

sorry for the necro but, i'm currently making enemy skins for this mod, and when i'm done i could probably put together player skins for this mod, tell me what you think of my work so far (i still have to make the body and convert the coloring to a SNES style for this one)
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

you are doing a great work, but i think it's not so necessary to make them with such high resolution...
Demiosis

Post by Demiosis »

Hey Beed28! How's the Dev going?! Can't wait to see the new release!!!
Deviluke Roy

Post by Deviluke Roy »

Demiosis wrote:Hey Beed28! How's the Dev going?! Can't wait to see the new release!!!
BUMPER CARS

Anyways, I think that a new release ... might happen. This thread was dead for what, 3 months, but a new release could get people talking again. Meh, IDK if Beed has the motivation to work on this mod again.
Beed28

Post by Beed28 »

Yeah, haven't been working on this for a while now. Still need some suitable skins for the player.
Demiosis

Post by Demiosis »

Well I don't wanna sound mean or selfish but... As long as you don't have contra enemies in the mod... I don't feel like the player skin is an absolute necessity..
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

...Because he can add the player skin whatever he want and it could make the mod more different and various without the monsters?

Also, please no bump for only asking for news. It's pretty much getting old now.
Demiosis

Post by Demiosis »

...Because he can add the player skin whatever he want and it could make the mod more different and various without the monsters?

Also, please no bump for only asking for news. It's pretty much getting old now.
Exactly , why focus on such a mere detail. He could continue the dev of the other really important functions!!
anyway player skin can only be seen in Mp or with a chasecam (kinda cheezy to be able to see behind you imo but ho well wathever float these peeps boat).

And for the news part , why? Does that affect something negatively?
DoomRater
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by DoomRater »

Bumping for news will get your post pruned from the thread and put into a thread documenting this rule breaking behavior.
JohnnyTheWolf

Post by JohnnyTheWolf »

Is it okay if I bump this thread just to express my appreciation of Contra Doom?

I found out about the mod quite late, but I am definitely falling in love with it. I have never been a fan of the Contra series, but I think its gameplay work wonders with Doom! :wub:
Beed28

Post by Beed28 »

Thanks! :D

As for any updates; I've got a few ideas, but I mainly need to wait for ZScript to evolve further first, as well the ability to allow the player to respawn without having to use a MAPINFO hack.
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Indeed, we'd better wait for the fix to start the new update. I actually expected it's been updated with something new, but nope. But at least it's not dead yet!
JohnnyTheWolf

Post by JohnnyTheWolf »

If you are still working on the mod or at the very least intend to, then may I suggest you add a score reward for discovering secrets. Right now, looking for them is rather pointless, as most power-ups have been removed, thus making secret areas often empty.

On a similar subject, do you think it is doable to make it so any additional token of the same type gives you extra points once you have upgraded your current weapon? The same goes with the Rapid Fire tokens once you have maxed out your firing speed.

Also, and I am not really sure if there is anything you can do about it, I tried to play Ultimate Doom with your mod and a custom MAPINFO that removes the episode format. However, once I got to the end teleporter in E1M9, the game would not load E2M1. I know at least one other mapset that features a similar unavoidable death trap (Hellbound) and I have to wonder if it would be a good idea to play your mod with it.

Finally, do you plan to make a custom shortcut icon for your mod?

Return to “Gameplay Mods”