Re: [v2.0.0] Eriguns - Viva la ZScript!

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: Re: [v2.2.0] Eriguns - Viva la ZScript!

Postby Xaser » Thu Nov 02, 2017 11:01 am

Gabbuz85 wrote:there's a little problem: the irebolt crash the game every time i use it.

Update your GZDoom. Latest release build works fine.
Xaser
anarchivist

Postby Gabbuz85 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 11:59 am

thank you
Gabbuz85

Postby Gideon020 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:05 am

What black magic is needed to stretch the Hexen/Heretic Huds for widescreen views? Also, how does the Super Immolator spawn in Doom/Heretic as I think I found it in Hexen where I found a piece of the superweapon?
Gideon020
Fanboy

Postby Outtagum » Fri Nov 03, 2017 2:38 pm

I have a quick question. What is the 'proper' name for the Soul Bomb in Eriguns2?

In normal Heretic I bind a controller to use the Time Bomb of the Ancients like this: BIND PAD_X "USE ARTITIMEBOMB"

How would I do the same for the Soul Bomb?
Outtagum

Postby Xaser » Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:22 pm

@Outtagum: The actor is called EriSoulBomb -- "use EriSoulBomb" will do the trick.

@Gideon020: The Heretic/Hexen HUD is meant to work fine on widescreen already -- it doesn't go all the way to the edges (since the life gem is a thing), but it's no longer cut off like the vanilla ones are. Super Immolator's dropped by Cyberdemons and Maulotaurs.
Xaser
anarchivist

Postby Gideon020 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 3:22 am

Xaser wrote:@Gideon020: The Heretic/Hexen HUD is meant to work fine on widescreen already -- it doesn't go all the way to the edges (since the life gem is a thing), but it's no longer cut off like the vanilla ones are. Super Immolator's dropped by Cyberdemons and Maulotaurs.

Ah. Sorry, I just get triggered by the bricks/stone. :P
Gideon020
Fanboy

Postby Outtagum » Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:06 am

Thanks for replying. Now to get back to shooting baddies with shiny new weapons. :)

EDIT: Not sure how bothered you are about compatibility but one can't escape the prison cell in map 01 of HUMP because you need to shoot the switch. Just thought I'd mention it. :)
Outtagum

Postby Xaser » Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:04 am

Gideon020 wrote:Ah. Sorry, I just get triggered by the bricks/stone. :P

Apologies if I sounded gruff. Mostly I was thinking "oh shoot, did I mess it up somehow? :P

A better border may be in order, though. It's indeed a bit on the fugly side.

Outtagum wrote:Not sure how bothered you are about compatibility but one can't escape the prison cell in map 01 of HUMP because you need to shoot the switch. Just thought I'd mention it. :)

Poop. Yeah, if a shootable switch expects a hitscan, this mod may be problematic as it doesn't have many. I may be a silly person and borrow WW's zero-damage "Psychic Punch" idea, or otherwise include some sort of tool that will let you hit remote switches. Getting stuck for this is lame-o.

I'll file this as a bug.
Xaser
anarchivist

Postby Jimmy » Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:27 am

I'm really loving the "feel" of all the weapons here. You got everything dead right as always. :P

Came to report some issues with the weapon tags. The Machinegun, Hellforge, Soulcaster all have erroneous tags, probably due to a missing semicolon or two in your LANGUAGE lump, and the tag for the Fist in Eriguns 1 is shown as "EriFist", which is either a related issue or a simple oversight - the Fist in 2 is still "Brass Knuckles", as expected.

Additional; am I being a total blancmange-brain or is 2.0.0 still the only "released" version? The topic referring to 2.2.0 suggests otherwise. :stuppor:
Jimmy
I picked a fine day to be lactose intolerant

Discord: Jimmy#4100
Twitch ID: JimmySquared

Re: Re: [v2.0.0] Eriguns - Viva la ZScript!

Postby Xaser » Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:45 am

Whoops, brain-typo. I just released v2.2.0 of a different thing (at work) recently, and I transposed the two. :P

I'll add the tag thing to the list. Ackles.
Xaser
anarchivist

Postby Apeirogon » Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:36 am

Where did you get such zscript skill? :shock:
Apeirogon
I have a strange sense of humour

Postby SiFi270 » Sat May 19, 2018 10:38 am

Rocket trails behave strangely with teleporters in this, both general and monster-only. I made a map that should demonstrate what I mean.
Attachments
rocketsmokebug.wad
(1.74 KiB) Downloaded 1 time
SiFi270

Re: [v2.0.0] Eriguns - Viva la ZScript!

Postby Mackery » Tue May 22, 2018 12:30 pm

Is it possible to use both weapon packs at the same time? (The standard UAC guns, and the hellforged weapons?)
Mackery

Discord: 9531

Previous

Return to Gameplay Mods