Re: [v2.1.1] Eriguns - Now with 100% more SWORDS!

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
comet1337

Re: Re: [v2.1.0] Eriguns - Now with 100% more SWORDS!

Post by comet1337 »

damn, you're just updating everything now

also
current version's file size is 6666kb
HEH
Xaser

Post by Xaser »

Max Heck. Now I'm really hoping there aren't any bugs so I can release this version as-is, 'cause that's just perfectious. :D
redman89

Post by redman89 »

Xaser wrote:Max Heck. Now I'm really hoping there aren't any bugs so I can release this version as-is, 'cause that's just perfectious. :D
hi there is a bug in eriguns1_2.1.0.

Once you use the enhanced version of the player, AltPlayer : DoomPlayer

i have a problem with the pistol, same problem replicates with the autoshotgun.

using the pistol.txt inside zscript\eriguns1\weapons

the gun supposedly has 10 bullets in the clip. but once you shoot the 10 bullets, you can keep firing without reloading. so thats a bug. Once you spend the 10 shots, the gun should launch the reload animation.

On the other hand, if you reload manually, and you press again reload its ok. you wont reload a second time unless you shot at least one bullet.

Can somebody help on to fix this issue? i tried several things in the code but im not able to fix it. Same happens with autoshotgun. the magsize is 12, but once you spend the 12 rounds, the gun keeps shooting wihtout reloading at all.
Xaser

Post by Xaser »

It's working for me (on the latest GZDoom, 4.1.3) -- do you have any other mods loaded, by chance?
Gideon020

Post by Gideon020 »

Might be a devbuild thing cause I'm replicating it on my devbuild. Will check with stable to see if there's any problem.

EDIT: Fresh install of the stable, deleted the copies I had of both Eriguns and redownloaded, still managed to replicate it. 10 shots with the pistol, no auto-reload. Didn't bother testing the autoshotgun because there was a high chance it would return the same results.
redman89

Post by redman89 »

Gideon020 wrote:Might be a devbuild thing cause I'm replicating it on my devbuild. Will check with stable to see if there's any problem.

EDIT: Fresh install of the stable, deleted the copies I had of both Eriguns and redownloaded, still managed to replicate it. 10 shots with the pistol, no auto-reload. Didn't bother testing the autoshotgun because there was a high chance it would return the same results.
yes just did the same thing as you, problem still occurs.
redman89

Post by redman89 »

Xaser wrote:It's working for me (on the latest GZDoom, 4.1.3) -- do you have any other mods loaded, by chance?
No, just your mod with an original Doom 2 iwad using latest gzdoom version. :(
Xaser

Re: Re: [v2.1.1] Eriguns - Now with 100% more SWORDS!

Post by Xaser »

Dang, had an old eriguns version on this PC for some reason -- Sorry about that. Fixed and uploaded a v2.1.1 (just for eriguns1 though, since 2 has no changes).
redman89

Post by redman89 »

Xaser wrote:Dang, had an old eriguns version on this PC for some reason -- Sorry about that. Fixed and uploaded a v2.1.1 (just for eriguns1 though, since 2 has no changes).
Thanks man really appreciate it, your work is really amazing.
sir_firebrand

Re: [v2.1.1] Eriguns - Now with 100% more SWORDS!

Post by sir_firebrand »

Eriguns 1 is perfect for gameplay IMO, but I ran into some trouble with Eriguns 2.

In Eriguns 2 I ran out of ammo for the starting gun pretty easily in some wads, due to the fact that the grunts drop nails and imps don't drop any kind of ammo. That is a problem in some maps where you take a while to run into shotguns/shotgunners (ex: Evilternity in harder difficulties) and/or lava cells for the starting gun.

A fix I would propose is make starting sword have a secondary fire where it fires a single nail, like a pistol attack, the secondary from the sword is kinda "useless" IMO, I would prefer it do deal real damage and be a bit more useful.

Everything else is really, really cool and makes doom play different from the original, what is a nice touch, Eriguns 2 goes really well with Eviternity due to the everall gothic/sci fi/infernal/angelical mix and the guns feeling of weird "gothitech" style.
elCreyo
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Debian 12/Windows 10

Post by elCreyo »

Hey. I'd like to play it but link is dead. Same with Argent. Any chance to fix it?
YasuoProjectX
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by YasuoProjectX »

elCreyo wrote:Hey. I'd like to play it but link is dead. Same with Argent. Any chance to fix it?
Yeah i dint notice the link was broken :(
Xaser

Post by Xaser »

Oops, sorry about that -- I accidentally crashed the webserver while messing with some stuff. It's all back now.
YasuoProjectX
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by YasuoProjectX »

about this mod, is there any support IWADS like Heretic, Hexen, or Strife??
EddieMann

Post by EddieMann »

"well, raven+strife is coming in v1.2 fosho"
Whachu mean
are we gonna see raven+strife styled weapons in 1.2 because i'd LOVE to see strife shit get more representation

Return to “Gameplay Mods”