Re: [v2.1.1] Eriguns - Now with 100% more SWORDS!

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Xaser

Re: Re: [v2.2.0] Eriguns - Viva la ZScript!

Post by Xaser »

Gabbuz85 wrote:there's a little problem: the irebolt crash the game every time i use it.
Update your GZDoom. Latest release build works fine.
Gabbuz85

Post by Gabbuz85 »

thank you
Gideon020

Post by Gideon020 »

What black magic is needed to stretch the Hexen/Heretic Huds for widescreen views? Also, how does the Super Immolator spawn in Doom/Heretic as I think I found it in Hexen where I found a piece of the superweapon?
Outtagum

Post by Outtagum »

I have a quick question. What is the 'proper' name for the Soul Bomb in Eriguns2?

In normal Heretic I bind a controller to use the Time Bomb of the Ancients like this: BIND PAD_X "USE ARTITIMEBOMB"

How would I do the same for the Soul Bomb?
Xaser

Post by Xaser »

@Outtagum: The actor is called EriSoulBomb -- "use EriSoulBomb" will do the trick.

@Gideon020: The Heretic/Hexen HUD is meant to work fine on widescreen already -- it doesn't go all the way to the edges (since the life gem is a thing), but it's no longer cut off like the vanilla ones are. Super Immolator's dropped by Cyberdemons and Maulotaurs.
Gideon020

Post by Gideon020 »

Xaser wrote: @Gideon020: The Heretic/Hexen HUD is meant to work fine on widescreen already -- it doesn't go all the way to the edges (since the life gem is a thing), but it's no longer cut off like the vanilla ones are. Super Immolator's dropped by Cyberdemons and Maulotaurs.
Ah. Sorry, I just get triggered by the bricks/stone. :P
Outtagum

Post by Outtagum »

Thanks for replying. Now to get back to shooting baddies with shiny new weapons. :)

EDIT: Not sure how bothered you are about compatibility but one can't escape the prison cell in map 01 of HUMP because you need to shoot the switch. Just thought I'd mention it. :)
Xaser

Post by Xaser »

Gideon020 wrote:Ah. Sorry, I just get triggered by the bricks/stone. :P
Apologies if I sounded gruff. Mostly I was thinking "oh shoot, did I mess it up somehow? :P

A better border may be in order, though. It's indeed a bit on the fugly side.
Outtagum wrote:Not sure how bothered you are about compatibility but one can't escape the prison cell in map 01 of HUMP because you need to shoot the switch. Just thought I'd mention it. :)
Poop. Yeah, if a shootable switch expects a hitscan, this mod may be problematic as it doesn't have many. I may be a silly person and borrow WW's zero-damage "Psychic Punch" idea, or otherwise include some sort of tool that will let you hit remote switches. Getting stuck for this is lame-o.

I'll file this as a bug.
Jimmy

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Jimmy »

I'm really loving the "feel" of all the weapons here. You got everything dead right as always. :P

Came to report some issues with the weapon tags. The Machinegun, Hellforge, Soulcaster all have erroneous tags, probably due to a missing semicolon or two in your LANGUAGE lump, and the tag for the Fist in Eriguns 1 is shown as "EriFist", which is either a related issue or a simple oversight - the Fist in 2 is still "Brass Knuckles", as expected.

Additional; am I being a total blancmange-brain or is 2.0.0 still the only "released" version? The topic referring to 2.2.0 suggests otherwise. :stuppor:
Xaser

Re: Re: [v2.0.0] Eriguns - Viva la ZScript!

Post by Xaser »

Whoops, brain-typo. I just released v2.2.0 of a different thing (at work) recently, and I transposed the two. :P

I'll add the tag thing to the list. Ackles.
Apeirogon

Post by Apeirogon »

Where did you get such zscript skill? :shock:
SiFi270

Post by SiFi270 »

Rocket trails behave strangely with teleporters in this, both general and monster-only. I made a map that should demonstrate what I mean.
Attachments
rocketsmokebug.wad
(1.74 KiB) Downloaded 73 times
Mackery

Re: [v2.0.0] Eriguns - Viva la ZScript!

Post by Mackery »

Is it possible to use both weapon packs at the same time? (The standard UAC guns, and the hellforged weapons?)
MaxRideWizardLord

Post by MaxRideWizardLord »

*sigh* lack of screenshots and videos immediatelly forced me to download it out of curioucity. Smart but snitchy move Xaser.
SiFi270

Post by SiFi270 »

The mancubus' xdeath doesn't trigger the kind of events it's supposed to on map07. Also, have you ever throught about making an Eriguns0, which would use the UAC weapons from earlier versions of DE and Stronghold? I think it'd go pretty well with wads like Mutiny.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”