Re: [v2.1.1] Eriguns - Now with 100% more SWORDS!

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Xaser

Re: [v1.1a] Eriguns 1&2

Post by Xaser »

Thanks for the details -- I'm not sure what to make of this, though. I've never seen any of those HUD or spawn issues. Would you mind posting which engine version you're using ([g/q]zdoom/zandronum and version number) and double-check to see if you have any wads autoloaded? Eriguns2 does some ugly stuff in SBARINFO that's eventually gonna get nixed in a future version (lump filtering didn't exist back when the mod was made), but I haven't seen any shenanigans of this scale yet. I'm wondering if some other wad is stomping the SBARINFO defs and mucking with the spawns.

I'll take a closer look at the Irebolt when I get time (can't debug presently; not at home), but I'm not sure what is going on there either. Somewhat amusingly, this is going to be moot-of-sorts since I'm currently in the process of converting the whole thing to ZScript (naturally; I'm a glutton for punishment), but I'd like the DECORATE/ACS release to be unbroken too for Zandronum's sake.

BTW, I've started up a GitHub Repo for the mod now, since I've gotten into the habit of doing that for whatever reason. :P

Thanks for the interest in the mod and the reports and things! Good to see this one alive again.
NotSoHazy

Post by NotSoHazy »

NotSoHazy wrote:Irebolt secondary fire doesn't work in some wads (found it in Valhalla and Zaero). It types error report "ACS: I DON'T KNOW WHAT *specific for wad text* IS."
https://imgur.com/a/0fsq6
Tried it with gzdoom 2.2.0/2.3.2/2.4.0/3.0, same error every time.
Gideon020

Post by Gideon020 »

Xaser wrote:Thanks for the details -- I'm not sure what to make of this, though. I've never seen any of those HUD or spawn issues. Would you mind posting which engine version you're using ([g/q]zdoom/zandronum and version number) and double-check to see if you have any wads autoloaded? Eriguns2 does some ugly stuff in SBARINFO that's eventually gonna get nixed in a future version (lump filtering didn't exist back when the mod was made), but I haven't seen any shenanigans of this scale yet. I'm wondering if some other wad is stomping the SBARINFO defs and mucking with the spawns.

I'll take a closer look at the Irebolt when I get time (can't debug presently; not at home), but I'm not sure what is going on there either. Somewhat amusingly, this is going to be moot-of-sorts since I'm currently in the process of converting the whole thing to ZScript (naturally; I'm a glutton for punishment), but I'd like the DECORATE/ACS release to be unbroken too for Zandronum's sake.

BTW, I've started up a GitHub Repo for the mod now, since I've gotten into the habit of doing that for whatever reason. :P

Thanks for the interest in the mod and the reports and things! Good to see this one alive again.
I use ZDL so I don't have to screw around with command bar stuff, so I never have any auto-loaded wads/pk3s and have confirmed with a brief check, but at this point in time I'm running GZDoom Dev Build g3.2pre-500 with the OpenAL.dll file replaced with the one from the GZDoom v3.1.0 Stable Build to avoid sound issues that have popped up recently.

To further provide clarity, only Dynamic Lights and Brightmaps.pk3 were in use, and while I had the DoomONE Music and Pistol Zombie pk3s loaded, there was nothing else loaded for Heretic and Hexen.
Xaser

Post by Xaser »

Does the same happen in the latest official GZDoom release? I'll check the devbuilds when I have time to see if it's something to do with that.
NotSoHazy wrote:
NotSoHazy wrote:Irebolt secondary fire doesn't work in some wads (found it in Valhalla and Zaero). It types error report "ACS: I DON'T KNOW WHAT *specific for wad text* IS."
https://imgur.com/a/0fsq6
Tried it with gzdoom 2.2.0/2.3.2/2.4.0/3.0, same error every time.
Oh, heh, should've clarified -- I'm certain that one's broke. It was the HUD/replacement stuff I'm wondering about.

That particular type of error is caused by a conflict in the ACS string table -- basically it's supposed to give the player an "IreboltDetonator", but for some reason when it tries to fetch that string from the table, it returns a different string, resulting in the script trying to give the player a "Welcome to Zaero, Marine". :P

Trouble is, I don't know what's causing it from looking at the code -- generally this happens if a LOADACS script isn't declared as a library... which it is. There's some sort of non-obvious shenaniganery going on here.
NotSoHazy

Post by NotSoHazy »

Xaser wrote:Does the same happen in the latest official GZDoom release?
Yep it is
Xaser

Post by Xaser »

NotSoHazy wrote:
Xaser wrote:Does the same happen in the latest official GZDoom release?
Yep it is
Are you seeing the same HUD/Spawning issues as Gideon? Or do you mean the Irebolt altfire?
NotSoHazy

Post by NotSoHazy »

Xaser wrote:Are you seeing the same HUD/Spawning issues as Gideon? Or do you mean the Irebolt altfire?
Both
Xaser

Post by Xaser »

Thanks for the clarification -- every bit helps. :D

Still spitballing since I'm away from proper-dev-machine and haven't gotten back just yet, but I actually kinda wonder if the two bugs are secretly the same thing. If the ACS scripts are acting up for the Irebolt, that might mean the game detection script isn't working either, which would totally throw off the SBARINFO definition and cause stuff to mysteriously vanish. It would explain the symptoms at least.

On the less-fun side, Zandronum 3.0 isn't yet caught up to the version that adds lump filtering (though it did just get released today; woohoo!), so refactoring it is out of the question for the pre-zscript branch. Fingers crossed on the ACS script being the root culprit... assuming I can friggin' figure it out. :P
Xaser

Re: [v1.1.2] Eriguns - Now Actually Up to Date!

Post by Xaser »

ultimate welp

So, I've figured out the trouble. Turns out I fixed both these bugs... years ago. And then didn't upload a new version because I'm a grade-A dummy.

Short version: Here's a new version with the bugs pre-fixed! Huzzah!

Thanks to the both of you for putting up with me being a dunce these last few pages, and to Wildweasel for putting up with me being a similar derp on Discord. :P
NotSoHazy

Re: Re: [v1.1.2] Eriguns - Now Actually Up to Date!

Post by NotSoHazy »

Nice dude, it's works just fine now
The only thing i dreaming about now is compatibility with Smooth Doom monsters only version. At this moment mod isn't compatible with any monster modification cus of one specific death animation when you killing monster with Soulcaster.
With any monster modification Soulcaster doesn't killing monsters in the right way and works just like regular railgun without these white soul explosions from the killed monsters. Tried it with Smooth Doom, Colourful Hell and DoomKrakken's Monster Randomizer on different versions of GZDoom.
Xaser

Post by Xaser »

Ousting the monster definitions from the wad is totally possible once the conversion to ZScript is done, since I can use an event handler to handle the soul explosions. After that, it ought to work flawlessly with custom enemies. [WFZS] Magic. :P
Gideon020

Post by Gideon020 »

Just checked. Everything works fine.
Xaser

Post by Xaser »

Well, it's about time this happened:

Behold, the power of overlays and proper scripting!
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Re: [v1.1.2] Eriguns - Now Actually Up to Date!

Post by Captain J »

Good to see this mod and SMG's bullet counter! It was such a wonder when i saw this feature for the first time. And i bet this Damage counting numbers are quite neat thing to have, too.
Outtagum

Post by Outtagum »

Is it geeky that I've just sat and watched that animation for 3 whole minutes?

Looking forward to playing with this mofo. :)

Return to “Gameplay Mods”