HXRTC Project Golden Edition Plus R11b (1 Aug 2022)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Valherran

Re: HXRTC Project Golden Edition Plus R10 (7 Jul 2022)

Post by Valherran »

Still no option to assign pickups to a hotkey?
Hexereticdoom
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: HXRTC Project Golden Edition Plus R10 (7 Jul 2022)

Post by Hexereticdoom »

Valherran wrote:Still no option to assign pickups to a hotkey?
Not natively at the moment, sorry... However, maybe the following addon/mod could be helpful for the function you are asking for (not tested it yet):

viewtopic.php?f=43&t=61369
Hexereticdoom

Re: HXRTC Project Golden Edition Plus R11 (22 Jul 2022)

Post by Hexereticdoom »

Hi again guys! It's really a hot weather out there, huh? Phew... :blergh:

I'm announcing that Revision 11 of the mod is up and ready to download. This one is a quite important update which brings some significant improvements and fixes some critical, unexpected issues on previous R10. (Yeah, maybe it could have just been called Revision 10a, but due to some major introduced changes I've preferred to call it R11...)

So without further ado, here is the list of changes for this update:
  • - A couple of new weapons have been incorporated into HXRTC Marine's arsenal, one of which replaces another that had been part of the game for a long time. Keep reading on for more details:
    • - Fist-0: called 'Fisto' by some people, or 'Fist-zero' by others (although its official name is the latter) this curious device was created with the aim to give the Space Marines a perminent powerful melee weapon in some rare cases they run out of ammo. This heavy beast packs a serious punch as primary firemode which can knock back some foes when get close to you. It also includes a boost thruster, which allows the wearer to speed forward away for crossing gaps and hittting enemies multiple times, although this mode deals significantly less damage. With careful timing, the primary fire could even punch away some heavy projectiles! Furthermore, don't forget that the effectiveness of this melee weapon will be drastically increased if you get a Berserk Pack or similar. Get one and have punchin' fun! :twisted:

- Omega Blaster: a new handy and lightweight plasma handgun which from this moment takes the place of the old prototype known as Proto Blaster. With a slightly faster rate of fire and practically the same power attack as its predecessor, among other advantages, it can be perfectly accompanied by another replica, and thus be fired in dual mode. Also, like the previous model, it does not need to be manually recharged at any time, which makes it really useful in those intense battles with large hordes of enemies. And besides, the Trade Shop Droids won't make you drop more money for each Omega Blaster you buy, since the price remains the same! ;)
    - Unfortunately not everything is good news, because the despicable retinue of Archviles from the deepest parts of Hell have managed to summon one of their most powerful stone warriors: the Gravel Gravemaker! Although it is roughly the same size as a common Imp and has the appearance of a bipedal lizard, this relentless beast wields a cannon in its claws that rapidly fires dangerous petrifying projectiles. It is said that a single one of these rock-hard specimens is capable of smiting a Cyberdemon in just under half a minute, so just realize yourself how brutal it can be. So then, do NOT take this enemy lightly in any case and prepare your best icy or plasma weapons to confront this ferocious vermin, if you are unlucky enough to meet one on your journey...

- Replaced and improved some specific particle sprites, specially those coming from broken light lamps or some big plasma projectiles when hitting surfaces (or enemies).

- Fixed a couple of accidentally missing sound effects (caused by some past updates that I don't remember right now, so sorry about it).

- Fixed a problem related with recently introduced Bronze Tickets, that were not correctly spawned under certain expected circumstances (sorry again). :oops:

- Updated the Help Screen which is now somewhat more organized and less cluttered, having replaced the old Tips & Tricks section with a new basic Graphic Chart about the effectiveness of elemental attacks (a la Pokemon guide style).

- Updated the HUD for compatibility with the new featured weapons.

- Minor bugfixes and optimizations.
I recommend you get your updates ASAP, before the Moddb servers get crashed due to this tremendous hot weather... :stuppor:

See you soon mates, and don't forget to hydrate yourselves conveniently. Cheerio and have fun, everyone! (_)3
James Flasch

Re: HXRTC Project Golden Edition Plus R11 (22 Jul 2022)

Post by James Flasch »

You might have Golden Edition Plus R12 coming out soon! The game crashes back to desktop a few seconds after you approach the Special Combat Unit and get it to talk. I had NORENEGADE AMBUSH, NOSMOKESFX, FOOTSTEPS and JPHUDHEALTHBAR pk3s active. and was using doom_complete as my IWAD. Log in spoiler below.
Spoiler:
Hexereticdoom

Re: HXRTC Project Golden Edition Plus R11a (24 Jul 2022)

Post by Hexereticdoom »

James Flasch wrote:You might have Golden Edition Plus R12 coming out soon! The game crashes back to desktop a few seconds after you approach the Special Combat Unit and get it to talk. I had NORENEGADE AMBUSH, NOSMOKESFX, FOOTSTEPS and JPHUDHEALTHBAR pk3s active. and was using doom_complete as my IWAD. Log in spoiler below.
Spoiler:
Thanks a lot for the error reporting! I have uploaded a hotfix some instants ago (R11a) which fixes that critical crash-to-desktop issue. :thumb:

Seems that something was wrong in the Special Combat Unit lump, so I have reverted the made changes to a previous state and now it works as expected. (Also, I've taken the chance to fix some missing dynamic lights I forgot as well...)

I strongly recommend everyone to get R11a as soon as possible, and sorry for the inconvenience... :oops:

Hope you keep having fun as usual! 8-)
Ribo Zurai

Re: HXRTC Project Golden Edition Plus R11a (24 Jul 2022)

Post by Ribo Zurai »

There's one of the archviles, a gray one, with an absolutely ear deafening hissing attack. I'm playing it on 20% volume and it's still too loud.
Hexereticdoom

Re: HXRTC Project Golden Edition Plus R11b (1 Aug 2022)

Post by Hexereticdoom »

Ribo Zurai wrote:There's one of the archviles, a gray one, with an absolutely ear deafening hissing attack. I'm playing it on 20% volume and it's still too loud.
Hmm, seems you're right. I forgot to update the SNDINFO lump with more suitable parameters for this new monster...

It will be fixed on next release. Thanks for reporting! :wink:

EDIT: Revision 11b uploaded and ready to download. Yup, it has come late a couple of days due to some small problems with my internet connection, but at least it has been possible to update the mod file... :shucks:

Return to “Gameplay Mods”