HXRTC Project Golden Edition Plus R9b (3 Dec 2021)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: HXRTC Project Golden Edition Plus R9a (29 Oct 2021)

Postby Hexereticdoom » Thu Oct 28, 2021 8:26 pm

dragomir wrote:1. Its been a while since i played your mode :D .I have some suggestion.
First of all Thanks for the UFO.it releases a lot of items,maybe make it rain fewer items like 4-5 items and make enemies attack it?.also i was thinking maybe make him drop unique items(items that you cant find in the game)If you check Brother In Arms in mod db(here),you will know what kind of item i am talking about.those allies drops one time bazooka,and other fun items that cant be found in the game.
I also noticed the UFO dont follow me anywhere,especially to other room.

Thanks for the suggestions, I take note of them for possible future mod updates (but without guaranteeing anything at 100%, of course). :3:

Yep, the UFO doesn't follow you inconditionally to make it clearer for the player to see what items the alien ship drops, and whether or not he is interested in picking them up at that precise moment.

dragomir wrote:2. Can you replace the Dog with something unique?like a ice breathing bat like creature(heretic one).it will breath ice and turn low level enemy into ice sculpture and when i attack the enemy it breaks.high level enemy will require more hits.And give it 100 or 200 health.I dont want them tanky(high health) or very powerful(deals a lot of damage) like the dog(500 health).

That sounds good too to add it in a future update, but in case if it becomes a reality, the Dog will keep up in the player's team. I don't want to remove it definively, poor little friend... :sadno:

dragomir wrote:3.Replacing the flying cube like companion with the friendly soldier(the robot looking one) would be good too.Then we will have 3 companions,a land attacker with good health(200-300),a flying bat like creature with range attack and a ufo with support ability.

So,what do think?

As I mentioned above, I like the idea of the Icy Bat/Gargoyle, but at the present moment I prefer to keep the rest of the companions with the same state and behaviour they are in now...

dragomir wrote:This mode is a lot easier then your heretic one.I cleared many stages in little time in high difficulty(the one before nightmare) without dying.I dont play nightmare difficulty because enemy constantly re-spawn.IMO some weapons are a bit overpowered and some weapons are unnecessary and just occupy weapon slot(especially in poison section) :? :glare: .If you made this mode more difficult and challenging(especially in Hard mode) it would be super fun. :shucks: :yup:. Maybe give him less health(200) and make enemy do more damage?I want to feel the rush that my character can die anytime if it make one mistake :twisted: .
Anyway sorry for the rant,Its because i like your modes,both of them very much and so i try to give as much feedback as i can. :yup: :yup:

Of course man, any feedback and suggestions are welcome. :wink:

Anyway, if you find H-Project is rather easy for your taste, you might try it up with some harder megawads. It's true that the stock ones (Doom I & II) are mostly a walk in the park, but there are much more challenging maps and levels out there that could make the mod more fun to play. I don't know if you have played Plutonia or any of its unofficial sequels, or Hell Revealed 1 & 2, Scythe, Kama Sutra, Speed Of Doom or Alien Vendetta, to mention a few... There are also some unforgiving megawads like the Slaughterfest saga, Sunlust, Sunder, Pizza Steve, etc.

I recommend that you try any of the aforementioned megawads checking "Wanna see what is pain?" skill mode and soon you'll see that it will not be so easy as you think... :grr:
Hexereticdoom
Don't make me angry or I'll bite you! Heheheee...

Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Postby dragomir » Sun Oct 31, 2021 12:24 pm

Thanks for the info.I think i can have fun with sunlust and speed of doom. :D .I should have tested this with those megawads.About the Alien,can you make him give that one shot bazooka from brothers in arms mode and some one time use unique weapons/items?like a wand that fire eggs to turn enemies to chicken(1-3 shot max),a flying jetpack to fly for a limited time,a time bomb; random stuff,you know :thinking: :thumb: .Also make him drop few items.he drops too much items.
dragomir

Postby Zovoto » Wed Nov 03, 2021 11:37 am

Screenshot_filter.jpg

Is there any way make these filters less opaque?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Zovoto

Operating System: Windows 10 ARM

Re: HXRTC Project Golden Edition Plus R9b (3 Dec 2021)

Postby Hexereticdoom » Thu Dec 02, 2021 8:15 pm

Zovoto wrote:Is there any way make these filters less opaque?

Yes, you can edit with SLADE tool the mod alpha values in the Powerup.Color properties from each powerup class. Here you can read more info about this feature.

And now talking about the mod itself... I announce that there is a new update available in shape of Revision 9b, which unlike the previous 9a that only included few minor bugfixes, this new one brings some more remarkable changes, specially for your already huge weapons arsenal, hehe... :plasma: :rocket:

The changelog, you ask? Of course, if you wanna check more details, please just keep reading:

- As mentioned about it before, a total of three new killing machines have been added to your current armory, which as usual they might be quite helpful through your infernal odysseys:

- Boulder Howitzer: are you fed up with those damn stoney enemies that throw rocks at you all the time? Wouldn't you like to pay them -and many other foes- with the same currency? If your answer is yes, you are in luck, because with this revolutionary UAC invention, you will be able to shoot huge boulders and furthermore, in two possible ways. Thanks to its powerful air-impact cannon and its almost instantaneous heating system, with the new Boulder Howitzer you can choose between shooting immense bouncing stones with which to bust the heads of those hateful monsters, or instead launching tremendous incandescent rocks whose temperature is so high that they blow up within seconds of being released, burning everything they touch... even yourself, so be careful and don't get too excited when using it. Finally, it is worth mentioning that if you manage to find one of these toys, you must have enough Gasoil reserves to use it, and remember also that the secondary firemode consumes twice as much ammo than the primary one.

- Opti-Maser Ballista: yeah, you have read that right... Why 'maser' and not 'laser'? Although they sound almost the same and since they are quite similar technologies, they should not be confused. In fact, the word derives from the MASER acronym, which means Microwave Amplification by Stimulated Emission of Radiation. But leaving aside the scientific explanations, it should be noted that this deadly weapon -also produced by the evil UAC hands, how not- actively has the aforementioned technology, which is more lethal than it seems. This ultra-modern type of crossbow is equipped with a rechargeable energy battery that stores and releases dangerous arrow-like beams, and also with remarkable accuracy, which can even be further amplified thanks to its attached sniper scope. If you have very good aim, this weapon can be really effective and dangerous in your hands, so don't miss the opportunity to get one, even if it is necessary to be bought!

- [CLASSIFIED] (Ups... Sorry guys, but it seems that I have been denied permission to speak of this third weapon, as it is a matter of top secret... All I can say is that it's a replica of a powerful weapon that belonged to a prominent special police officer who was part of an American mega-corporation whose name and location I am not allowed to mention... I cannot give more data right now, but perhaps by chance you can imagine it...) :ninja:

- Included some updated graphics for the Black Hole Maker weapon, plus a few minor improvements in its behaviour. (Thanks to Gothic from Realm667).

- Updated the HUD for compatibility with the new featured weapons.

- Some other minor bugfixings and code optimizations.

That was all for now mates! By the way, and if everything goes as expected, this might be for sure the last update of the H-Project for this present year, because I have planned to make some additions to my other Heretic mod, to which I have not paid much attention these last weeks... :P

So then... Next stop, year 2022! :joker:

Cheerio, enjoy and have fun everyone... 8-)
Hexereticdoom

Postby AvzinElkein » Thu Dec 02, 2021 8:34 pm

Would the following phrase be appropriate?
Spoiler:
AvzinElkein

Discord: AvzinTW#6569
Operating System: Debian-like Linux (Debian, Ubuntu, Mint, etc) 64-bit

Postby LowEndPCGamer100 » Sat Dec 18, 2021 11:13 pm

Loving the new stuff, took a break from doom for a little while but now im back on the level and couldnt be having more fun with the updates here and with complex doom, thanks for keeping one of my favorite mods perfect!

Edit: ive also neglected to mention, but as of my latest playthrough with this mod, ive noticed that the "grapple and float" keys are simultaneously bound to the "toss grenade and toss mine" buttons, making them a little less fun to use as you may expect, even if i try to use just the grenade and no movement keys, they are both linked to weapon state 3 and 4, making it impossible to separate them. this is the only issue ive ever seen with this mod, sure itl be gone in the next revision. just thought it was worth a mention in case im the first to do so.
LowEndPCGamer100

Postby Hexereticdoom » Fri Dec 24, 2021 12:23 pm

LowEndPCGamer100 wrote:ive also neglected to mention, but as of my latest playthrough with this mod, ive noticed that the "grapple and float" keys are simultaneously bound to the "toss grenade and toss mine" buttons, making them a little less fun to use as you may expect, even if i try to use just the grenade and no movement keys, they are both linked to weapon state 3 and 4, making it impossible to separate them. this is the only issue ive ever seen with this mod, sure itl be gone in the next revision. just thought it was worth a mention in case im the first to do so.

That is an already known issue with the JP Special Powers 3-in-1 addon, so please DO NOT use it with the latest revision 9 of the mod, because it's not currently compatible with it.
Hexereticdoom

Postby LowEndPCGamer100 » Mon Dec 27, 2021 11:44 am

awesome thanks, i shouldve known lol
LowEndPCGamer100

Previous

Return to Gameplay Mods