HXRTC Project Golden Edition Plus R9b (3 Dec 2021)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: HXRTC Project Golden Edition Plus R8b (12 Oct 2021) [MR]

Postby Hexereticdoom » Thu Oct 14, 2021 7:34 pm

666shooter wrote:I'm having trouble getting the No Renegade Ambush file to work properly? I was having this issue with R7 as well, I remember. The file is checked, but Renegade Marines are still spawning in sometimes?

Try to revert the loading order of the files. You should make sure that the R-Ambush addon is loaded after the main mod file, otherwise it may have no effect in game. :!:

Anyway, the addon won't work with some special scripted Marines that are already preset or defined on some uncommon maps (for example, Oblige levels and/or megawads created with ZDoom Marines option enabled). This is because the addon itself only replaces the special teleport fog that makes Renegade Marines appear randomly with a simple nullifier code that disables completely the aforementioned teleport fog, but it doesn't alter anything else.
User avatar
Hexereticdoom
Don't make me angry or I'll bite you! Heheheee...
 
Joined: 08 Aug 2013
Location: Spain
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: HXRTC Project Golden Edition Plus R8b (12 Oct 2021) [MR]

Postby ate0ate » Sun Oct 17, 2021 3:57 am

Man you are a real soldier keeping updates to this coming like you do. For me, this is the mod that started my journey into playing with randomizers and its still one of the best out there. I haven't played in a little while so I'm looking forward to trying out all of the changes you've implemented. Thanks so much for keeping at it like you do.

As an aside, I know I asked quite some time back about integrating the mines and grenades into some sort of alt-fire or hotkey type of thing as opposed to having them as separate selectable weapons that you have to scroll to and put down your main gun down to actually use. Really inhibits using mines and grenades in a pinch when you have to risk putting down your gun to lob one when I last played. I can't recall what the roadblock was to actually implementing that, animations was it? I think that was it. Maybe. If so, there's been several mods taking from the newer Doom games and just putting a little shoulder mounted launcher that pops out of the corner briefly and lobs a grenade rather than actually lowering the weapon and animating everything. Looks easier to implement to my noobish and highly unskilled eyes, but looks may be deceiving. Does that sound like a thing you might be interested in implementing? No big deal if not, I mean, its not like there aren't a metric ton of guns to use instead or anything:)
User avatar
ate0ate
 
Joined: 24 Jun 2018

Re: HXRTC Project Golden Edition Plus R8b (12 Oct 2021) [MR]

Postby Hexereticdoom » Sun Oct 17, 2021 1:39 pm

ate0ate wrote:As an aside, I know I asked quite some time back about integrating the mines and grenades into some sort of alt-fire or hotkey type of thing as opposed to having them as separate selectable weapons that you have to scroll to and put down your main gun down to actually use. Really inhibits using mines and grenades in a pinch when you have to risk putting down your gun to lob one when I last played. I can't recall what the roadblock was to actually implementing that, animations was it? I think that was it. Maybe. If so, there's been several mods taking from the newer Doom games and just putting a little shoulder mounted launcher that pops out of the corner briefly and lobs a grenade rather than actually lowering the weapon and animating everything. Looks easier to implement to my noobish and highly unskilled eyes, but looks may be deceiving. Does that sound like a thing you might be interested in implementing? No big deal if not, I mean, its not like there aren't a metric ton of guns to use instead or anything:)

No more worries man, 'cause I have some good news for everyone! :)

Yeah yes, after all this time, I'm definitively bringing at last that much requested feature on next major Revision 9, which will include a couple of new redefinable keys to quickly throw Hand Grenades and/or Land Mines respectively when you have equipped any other weapons. In fact, I had already implemented a similar feature in my other mod for Heretic, so after a while I have decided to make the same procedure to H-Project, why not... :wink:

However, I must tell you that it may take me some time to update each and every code lumps for all weapons in the game, but the results will be worth it, I swear!

I'm putting hands to work on it. Keep staying tuned, my dear Doomguys... 8-)
User avatar
Hexereticdoom
Don't make me angry or I'll bite you! Heheheee...
 
Joined: 08 Aug 2013
Location: Spain
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: HXRTC Project Golden Edition Plus R8b (12 Oct 2021) [MR]

Postby ClessxAlghazanth » Sun Oct 17, 2021 5:32 pm

Hexereticdoom wrote:
ate0ate wrote:As an aside, I know I asked quite some time back about integrating the mines and grenades into some sort of alt-fire or hotkey type of thing as opposed to having them as separate selectable weapons that you have to scroll to and put down your main gun down to actually use. Really inhibits using mines and grenades in a pinch when you have to risk putting down your gun to lob one when I last played. I can't recall what the roadblock was to actually implementing that, animations was it? I think that was it. Maybe. If so, there's been several mods taking from the newer Doom games and just putting a little shoulder mounted launcher that pops out of the corner briefly and lobs a grenade rather than actually lowering the weapon and animating everything. Looks easier to implement to my noobish and highly unskilled eyes, but looks may be deceiving. Does that sound like a thing you might be interested in implementing? No big deal if not, I mean, its not like there aren't a metric ton of guns to use instead or anything:)

No more worries man, 'cause I have some good news for everyone! :)

Yeah yes, after all this time, I'm definitively bringing at last that much requested feature on next major Revision 9, which will include a couple of new redefinable keys to quickly throw Hand Grenades and/or Land Mines respectively when you have equipped any other weapons. In fact, I had already implemented a similar feature in my other mod for Heretic, so after a while I have decided to make the same procedure to H-Project, why not... :wink:

However, I must tell you that it may take me some time to update each and every code lumps for all weapons in the game, but the results will be worth it, I swear!

I'm putting hands to work on it. Keep staying tuned, my dear Doomguys... 8-)


That's excellent new , pal :P

As an long-time Complex-LCA player, that was feature I miss when using other games/mods !

Keep up the excellent work 8-)
User avatar
ClessxAlghazanth
 
Joined: 17 Feb 2019

Re: HXRTC Project Golden Edition Plus R8b (12 Oct 2021) [MR]

Postby dragomir » Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:02 am

I had already implemented a similar feature in my other mod for Heretic

You have a Heretic mode?whats the name?i didn't see any modes in moddb.
dragomir
 
Joined: 16 Jan 2021

Re: HXRTC Project Golden Edition Plus R8b (12 Oct 2021) [MR]

Postby Hexereticdoom » Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:43 am

dragomir wrote:
I had already implemented a similar feature in my other mod for Heretic

You have a Heretic mode?whats the name?i didn't see any modes in moddb.

Yes, it's right here in the forum and in Moddb too:

viewtopic.php?f=43&t=58009

https://www.moddb.com/games/heretic/add ... ic-fantasy
User avatar
Hexereticdoom
Don't make me angry or I'll bite you! Heheheee...
 
Joined: 08 Aug 2013
Location: Spain
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: HXRTC Project Golden Edition Plus R8b (12 Oct 2021) [MR]

Postby dragomir » Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:33 am

two question about heretic mode.
1.is it challenging in highest difficulty?all those power and weapons might make the hero more powerful.
2.is there summon able companion?like the dog in your doom mode?
dragomir
 
Joined: 16 Jan 2021

Re: HXRTC Project Golden Edition Plus R8b (12 Oct 2021) [MR]

Postby Hexereticdoom » Fri Oct 22, 2021 11:55 am

dragomir wrote:two question about heretic mode.
1.is it challenging in highest difficulty?all those power and weapons might make the hero more powerful.

Well, that mostly depends on the overall difficulty of the played levels/maps and your skills as player, although the luck factor is also decisive in certain situations since it could make the game easier or more difficult on the fly. For example, the three first episodes from official Heretic IWAD could be more or less a walk in the park for a medium-skilled player, but the two additional episodes (only with Shadow Of The Serpent Riders expansion) are in general more challenging than the previous ones.

Also, you must not forget that in H-Fantasy mod some weapons are much more effective than other ones, taking into account some elemental forces (for example: ice weapons are stronger versus fire and stone enemies, icy monsters are weaker against fire attacks, stone foes resist normal hits and lightning don't affect them, poison enemies can't be hurt by poison-based attacks, etc.)
dragomir wrote:2.is there summon able companion?like the dog in your doom mode?

At the moment, only two classes of invokable allies are available: the Spectral Black Gem (an inventory item that can be activated manually for helping you to attack all enemies it finds on its way; works almost exactly like its equivalent in H-Project mod, the Ghostly Black Gem) and the Helper Elf (a randomly spawned comrade with basic magic powers, but that might be a great help on maps loaded with enemies; in fact his behaviour is also very similar to the Special Combat Droid from H-Project).
User avatar
Hexereticdoom
Don't make me angry or I'll bite you! Heheheee...
 
Joined: 08 Aug 2013
Location: Spain
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: HXRTC Project Golden Edition Plus R8b (12 Oct 2021) [MR]

Postby dragomir » Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:37 pm

where can i find Helper Elf?is it a item?
dragomir
 
Joined: 16 Jan 2021

Re: HXRTC Project Golden Edition Plus R8b (12 Oct 2021) [MR]

Postby Hexereticdoom » Fri Oct 22, 2021 4:10 pm

dragomir wrote:where can i find Helper Elf?is it a item?

Nope, as I said before, it only can be randomly spawned as you kill enemies on your way. However, the probabilities that one of them appear by your side are a bit low, so you may need to have some luck and patience...
User avatar
Hexereticdoom
Don't make me angry or I'll bite you! Heheheee...
 
Joined: 08 Aug 2013
Location: Spain
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: HXRTC Project Golden Edition Plus R8b (12 Oct 2021) [MR]

Postby Starman the Blaziken » Fri Oct 22, 2021 4:32 pm

Hexereticdoom wrote:
dragomir wrote:where can i find Helper Elf?is it a item?

Nope, as I said before, it only can be randomly spawned as you kill enemies on your way. However, the probabilities that one of them appear by your side are a bit low, so you may need to have some luck and patience...

Did not know they where elves. :o
But yeah it sure can be quite low to be honest, as much as I wish I could bring him to help me as much as I rarely find them *nudge nudge*.
Starman the Blaziken
 
Joined: 07 Mar 2019
Location: United States, MI
Discord: Starman The Blaziken#2417
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Re: HXRTC Project Golden Edition Plus R9 (23 Oct 2021)

Postby Hexereticdoom » Fri Oct 22, 2021 6:50 pm

OK my dear Doomguys, Revision 9 of the mod is finished and ready to go! And as I told you a few posts ago, this one finally brings a very requested feature that several of you had asked for a long time ago, among other new interesting things, several improvements and yes, also some few critical but necessary changes, all of which will be explained in detail in the usual changelog...

So let's go for it at once, and just keep reading the following lines:

    - No more further waiting, we start right now with the main course... Yeah my friends, the mod at last debuts with two new hotkeys to throw quickly your collected Hand Grenades, or your Land Mines respectively! It doesn't matter at all which pistol, shotgun, chaingun or whatever you have equipped at the moment, simply press the 'G' key to momentarily holster your weapon, throw a grenade to your threatening enemies and quickly draw your previous weapon again! And of course the same goes to your gathered mines, but this time use the 'H' key, et voilà, you'll just throw one of them and bring back your weapon swiftly! On the other hand, you'll be still able to switch manually to Slot 0 and handle the grenades or mines in the same classic way as before, with the advantage of having available the alternative mode of their primary or secondary fire, depending on the case. (Also, don't forget that both of these keys are re-definable through the GZDoom/LZDoom Customize Control menu section, so if you're not comfortable with the predefined ones, you can change them to your favourite ones). Now with this new feature, you can become even more aggressive than ever with those poor enemies! Hehehe... :grr:

    - Nevertheless, not everything is going to be rosy, so from now on it's time to say goodbye to one of the optional addons that have accompanied the mod for a long time... Yup, the JP Special Powers 3-in-1 addon (JPSPECIALPOWERS3IN1_V1.2.PK3) is not compatible anymore with H-Project. Despite having tried several times to find a possible solution, seems that it irretrievably clashes causing hotkey conflicts and doesn't work as expected with new Revision 9; so after thinking carefully about it, I have decided to stop supplying it within the download ZIP file. Sorry for those fans of that addon, but for now I think it's the best thing to do at the moment...

    - Anyway, don't worry too much because not everything about the above is lost... Since from now on, the mod integrates its own Double-Jump system for the HXRTC Marine, not needing any addon for it. In addition, the new introduced code substantially improves the player's double jump feature, since the faster 'Jump' hotkey is pressed, the higher it is able to reach. It may take some practice to master it, but within a few time you will surely get used to it! :wink:

    - A new rare inventory item is available to find and pickup around: the Support UFO Caller! This little and strange electronic device can be used to receive special help from one of those Mini-Aliens that possibly in some of your previous doomish adventures you have been able to rescue from captivity inside those weird liquid-filled glass capsules (like at the exit from Doom II's secret map 32, for example). Once you get one of these caller devices and press its activation button, a small Support UFO will appear near your position and drop a bunch of useful items on the ground for a limited time, including ammo, medkits, potions, artifacts and more! (It is quite recommended to use the Support UFO Callers in places with flat, uneven ground -without cliffs or deep wells- or else you could have serious trouble to collect all the items that the little alien drops away).

    - Removed the somewhat unnecessary ACS code for the Big Axe weapon, and thus simplified its behavior on secondary fire mode, which keeps being quite powerful (and specially strong with Berserk power).

    - Replaced the Beretta's old (and rather ugly) pickup sprite with a newer and better-looking one. This change also affects the HUD, so it will also appear with the same new look in its corresponding section. B-)

    - Several code fixes, optimizations and minor tweaks.

That's all for the moment, Doom mates! Get your download copies right now at first post and hope you enjoy a lot this new release! :D

Enjoy and have fun, everyone! 8-)
User avatar
Hexereticdoom
Don't make me angry or I'll bite you! Heheheee...
 
Joined: 08 Aug 2013
Location: Spain
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: HXRTC Project Golden Edition Plus R9 (23 Oct 2021)

Postby ate0ate » Sat Oct 23, 2021 3:58 am

Man, you sure do work fast! Sounds like some amazing changes, particularly the double jump sounds useful. I must say though that your idea of "it may take awhile..." is, well, not very long. At all. I can only wish that my own work ethic were even half as admirable. Seriously, thank you very much for all you have done here. I'm just gonna dive on in and try things out.
User avatar
ate0ate
 
Joined: 24 Jun 2018

Re: HXRTC Project Golden Edition Plus R9 (23 Oct 2021)

Postby dragomir » Sun Oct 24, 2021 12:41 pm

1. Its been a while since i played your mode :D .I have some suggestion.
First of all Thanks for the UFO.it releases a lot of items,maybe make it rain fewer items like 4-5 items and make enemies attack it?.also i was thinking maybe make him drop unique items(items that you cant find in the game)If you check Brother In Arms in mod db(here),you will know what kind of item i am talking about.those allies drops one time bazooka,and other fun items that cant be found in the game.
I also noticed the UFO dont follow me anywhere,especially to other room.

2. Can you replace the Dog with something unique?like a ice breathing bat like creature(heretic one).it will breath ice and turn low level enemy into ice sculpture and when i attack the enemy it breaks.high level enemy will require more hits.And give it 100 or 200 health.I dont want them tanky(high health) or very powerful(deals a lot of damage) like the dog(500 health).

3.Replacing the flying cube like companion with the friendly soldier(the robot looking one) would be good too.Then we will have 3 companions,a land attacker with good health(200-300),a flying bat like creature with range attack and a ufo with support ability.

So,what do think?
Last edited by dragomir on Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:14 am, edited 3 times in total.
dragomir
 
Joined: 16 Jan 2021

Re: HXRTC Project Golden Edition Plus R9 (23 Oct 2021)

Postby dragomir » Sun Oct 24, 2021 12:56 pm

This mode is a lot easier then your heretic one.I cleared many stages in little time in high difficulty(the one before nightmare) without dying.I dont play nightmare difficulty because enemy constantly re-spawn.IMO some weapons are a bit overpowered and some weapons are unnecessary and just occupy weapon slot(especially in poison section) :? :glare: .If you made this mode more difficult and challenging(especially in Hard mode) it would be super fun. :shucks: :yup:. Maybe give him less health(200) and make enemy do more damage?I want to feel the rush that my character can die anytime if it make one mistake :twisted: .
Anyway sorry for the rant,Its because i like your modes,both of them very much and so i try to give as much feedback as i can. :yup: :yup:
dragomir
 
Joined: 16 Jan 2021

PreviousNext

Return to Gameplay Mods

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ate0ate, Boondorl, thugsta and 15 guests