HXRTC Project Golden Edition Plus R5 (Updated 1 Oct 2020)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: HXRTC Project Golden Edition Plus R4 (Updated 12 Sep 202

Postby Hexereticdoom » Fri Sep 11, 2020 7:38 pm

Hey, how is it going dear Doomguys? B-)

Well, here it comes another mod update! Revision 4 is now ready for download, and as usual it includes some pertinent bugfixes, plus a few new features to keep it up! :thumb:

So what's new this time? No worries, here it goes the detailed changelog:

- The bestiary fauna has been increased a little with some fresh, recently recruited hellspawns, and as you can expect they are not willing to let you escape alive! Same as usual, right? Here's a brief report about them:

+ Diabolic Imp: its name says it all, this foe has not good intentions at all. Its ability to shoot a pair of weaving fireballs each time it swings its arms should be a good reason not to underestimate this thorny enemy.
      + Nuclear Demon: an interesting beast, this is in fact a 'pinky' Demon that has been exposed to those radioactive areas of the UAC labs for too long. And it's said that it is able to puke a burst of acid drops at will against its rivals... Eughh! :blergh:
      + Nuclear Spectre: as expected, where there is a Demon, there is also a ghostly variant of itself. Watch out, these things could spray you with their venomous vomit and melting you into delicious puree for them! :sadno:
      + Cacocritter: uh-oh, there it comes another one! A new caco-beast type for which there is not much data available yet, but it has been found that the more wounded it is, the fiercer its attacks are... So be aware!
      + Ghastly Imp: wait, another Imp? Yeah, but not an ordinary one at all. In fact, it is rumored to be a highly dangerous specimen, perhaps even more so than those already known. You better be well prepared just in case, mate!
      + Combat Slug: after long time and after having met several types of element-based slugs, at last the base specimen has been found! Although not for that reason is it the least dangerous of them... Do I need to explain why?
      + Raider Spider: oh no, another robo-legged brain thing... An Arachnotron, you say? Wish it were so, but it's MUCH WORSE... Why do I say that? Well, you will soon find it out for yourself, and you may wish you hadn't! :shock:

- As a helpful item you'll receive with such an enemy batch, I present you the new and revolutionary Heroical Beverage! OK, and what it does this thing, by the way? That's the better part: if you are able to find one (or more) of this splendid liquid, your Level Experience Bar will raise a lot - not as foam, but almost- without having to fight versus enemies at all, and gaining this way more Level Ups and higher status levels a bit easier than before! (_)3

- Difficulty tweak for all the Slug-type enemies: their reaction time to charge and attack the player has been reduced by half, so they will be slightly more dangerous than before.

- Fix for Riot Shotgun: from now it's not possible anymore to break the reloading sequence pressing the 'Fire' button until it gets fully completed. (It was provoking a weird behaviour, so I preferred to solve it).

- The small flies from dead enemies can't provoke splashes on liquid surfaces now.

- Several minor bugfixes and code optimizations.

Get the latest updated download links at first post, as being usual... :wink:

Keep having fun and take care my friends! 8-)
Hexereticdoom
Don't make me angry or I'll bite you! Heheheee...

Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: HXRTC Project Golden Edition Plus R4 (Updated 12 Sep 202

Postby Spaceman333 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:12 pm

I got the latest version and started playing again and I want to stress that this is one of my favorite mods due to all the content and features and systems it has...

...but at the same time this is the list of things that make me want to stop playing it after a few playthroughs: :evil:

• Various Berserker kits that tint my screen red constantly. This feels horrible.
  • Stone Mancubus, Stone Imp, Stone Demon being way too resistant to damage. Even cryo weapons feel slow against them. They're common too and constantly cause the game momentum to stop too often. No other enemy has this issue.
  • BFG667 is still overpowered compared to all other weapons and relatively easy to get. It has very high damage and uses ammo so economically that using it as a primary without switching to other weapons is somewhat easy. Most other weapons become useless compared to it unless the map offers no cell ammo for a long time. It also costs only 16000$ from a random - yet surprisingly common - vendor that makes it ridiculously cheap.
  • Vendor prices for health and armor are far too high.
  • Golden tickets are too rare / expensive to be of any use on most playthroughs.
  • Most dual wield weapons are far too slow to reload to justify their benefit when many other weapons may not even have reloading at all.
  • Sniper Rifle scope's blinking red/green after everyshot is slowly giving me epilepsy, it feels painful on the eyes.
  • Shadowbeast (that rare Dark Grey big reptile walking monster that shoots yellow/green balls/blasts/ghosts) can turn invisible and invulnerable with no way to kill it. It will shoot spread of green blasts seemingly out of nowhere once its initial form is shot down - and keep doing so for a very long time.

I absolutely love the new updates and new content being introduced to the mod, but these above issues are killing the fun for me. :(
Spaceman333

Re: HXRTC Project Golden Edition Plus R5 (Updated 1 Oct 2020

Postby Hexereticdoom » Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:05 pm

Spaceman333 wrote:I got the latest version and started playing again and I want to stress that this is one of my favorite mods due to all the content and features and systems it has...

...but at the same time this is the list of things that make me want to stop playing it after a few playthroughs: :evil:

I absolutely love the new updates and new content being introduced to the mod, but these above issues are killing the fun for me. :(

Thanks for your feedback Spaceman333! I'm sorry to hear that there are still some things in the mod that are not completely to your liking, but I will try to check over and improve some of them for future versions of the mod.

At the present moment I have released a small update of the H-Project in shape of Revision 5 (R5) which brings some few tweaks and bugfixes respect from previous versions. Perhaps the most destacable one is that I have improved the sound effects of the Raider Spider, of which I was not very satisfied as they sounded previously, TBH. Also, a few enemy sprites offsets have been conveniently checked and corrected.

As I said once some time ago, there's still room to improve and some work to do, of course... But I'll will keep working and enhancing the mod for your fun, you know! :wink:

Enjoy as usual and have a nice Doomsday mates! 8-)
Hexereticdoom
Don't make me angry or I'll bite you! Heheheee...

OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: HXRTC Project Golden Edition Plus R5 (Updated 1 Oct 2020

Postby Starman the Blaziken » Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:36 pm

I been wondering if you where thinking of making the sniper rifle use more ammo and a longer cooldown, maybe damage, just with the improvements bit in mind.
I dunno if I mentioned all about it, but I think overall with the sniper rifle it does more damage than any of the rifles to the amount it uses. Heck even the cooldown for the primary fire is pretty strong alone and spam worthy making a bunch of other guns really weak in compare to the SR with the damage to ammo output. At first I was thinking 2 for primary and 4 for scope, but that is hard to say with how powerful the overall gun is these days. :o
Starman the Blaziken

Discord: Starman The Blaziken#2417
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Previous

Return to Gameplay Mods