HXRTC Project Golden Edition Plus R15 (1 Apr 2024)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Hexereticdoom
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: HXRTC Project v5.2u1 (FEATURING NEW ANNOUNCER VOICES!)

Post by Hexereticdoom »

Hi there again Doomguys! :D

I'm proud to announce a new update release for the H-Project, and this is for sure a bit special one, 'cause thanks to the invaluable collaboration of our ZDoom partner Samarai1000, also known as Rallinth in YouTube (creator of the most recent video walkthrough of the mod last months ago) who has kindly offered to record some new Announcer voices for special item pickup actions, and also has made a new fan-trailer video which can be viewed at first post. So there it goes a big THANK YOU for him for his great job, and also of course, thank you everyone else who have continued enjoying this mod since it was published! :thumb:

And here it goes the detailed changelog for this update, as usual:

- A total of four new hellish creatures have arrived to make your Doom oddysey even harder than before:
  • - Spear Keeper: A strange guardian coming from a still unknown hell corner, it is armed with a magical spear able to shoot various elemental bolts, like fire, ice or poison. It moves quite fast, so don't let it catch you and also I hope you have good aim with your weapons.
    - Glint Master: A close relative of the already known Pest Master, but instead of poison-based tactics it prefers to strike its enemies with very harmful electricity attacks. Could become a serious menace if you are not careful, so stay aware!
    - Flesh Wraith: Do you remember the old Flesh Wizard that was present in some ancient mod releases? Well, after thinking about it I decided to give him a second chance: I have revamped it and now it's even more slippery and dangerous than before. Now it uses psychic wave attacks and is able to appear and disappear from your LOS at quite fast speed, so your aim and skills are the key to sweep this gross foe.
    - Venus Weed: A giant flower as wonderful as lethal. As soon as it detect your presence, it will start to spawn brambles emerging from the floor, but they can be easily harmed with good firepower. Once it has been enough wounded, it will reveal is true condition from its corolla in a kind of an elf girl, and she will become more aggresive throwing at you some fast razor-leaf attacks. A pretty nice mini-boss, don't you think so? :3:
- Added two new types of special monster spheres: GammaSphere and DeltaSphere! Like the other already known special spheres, can be quite hard to find, but when you encounter and pickup one of them, you'll be generously rewarded with an high amount of health and armor. So do not faint and keep looting around! :nope2:

- As I told before, this new H-Project update now features completely new powerup-pickup Announcer voices performed and recorded by our friend Samarai1000/Rallinth, replacing the old mechanical ones made from http://www.fromtexttospeech.com, and giving this way to the mod's special item pickup actions a better, warmer and more satisfactory feeling to the player, at the same time they're more similar to Zandronum ones. Many thanks for your cool job pal! :wink:

- Added new extreme deaths for Mauler Demon and Mauler Spectre.

- Other minor tweaks, corrections and bugfixings.

So then, I hope you enjoy a lot this new small update, please get your copies as usual accessing to first post of this thread and choosing your favorite mirror! =:)

Thank you again and have a nice Doomsday, everyone! 8-)
CasualChris

Post by CasualChris »

Neat stuff! :D

EDIT: What version of Maps of Chaos is being used in the trailer? Is it Standard, Hardcore, or Overkill?
Samarai1000
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Samarai1000 »

CasualChris wrote:Neat stuff! :D

EDIT: What version of Maps of Chaos is being used in the trailer? Is it Standard, Hardcore, or Overkill?
Hey, I'm the one that made the trailer, it's the standard version of Maps of Chaos.
Carrotear
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Carrotear »

Neat update. I would use gzdoom 3.0, but 3.0 it's a major framerate/performance dropper on my pc. sorry.
Pokky

Post by Pokky »

You can switch back to gzdoom2.4 or use the nosmoke.pk7 from the main package to increase performance.
kadu522
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10

Post by kadu522 »

I don't surfer performace hits on my laptop for GZdoom 3.0 but i don't know your specs at all.
CasualChris

Post by CasualChris »

Hexeretic, if you don't mind answering, which edition of Maps of Chaos do you consider to be the best one for playing with this mod?
Carrotear
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Carrotear »

Pokky wrote:You can switch back to gzdoom2.4 or use the nosmoke.pk7 from the main package to increase performance.

I can yes. But this is how bad my pc is, I got it as a bundle with a monitor back in 2011 and the hard drive was manufactured in 2009. I'm lucky it can tolerate skyrim at 640x480p.
kadu522

Post by kadu522 »

I just started playing your newest vergion of the mod and i like the new announcer!

Its definaly better then the old one. BUT i have a bug to report.

The hud is not scaleing properly. (Useing GZDoom g3.0pre-95-gb84f7bc from 01-05-17).

Here are mine scale setings.
Image.
Pokky

Post by Pokky »

kadu522 wrote:The hud is not scaleing properly
It's not a bug. You can restore the hud to normal by changing the fullscreen hud to "scale to full screen" in the scaling options.
kadu522

Post by kadu522 »

Does not work. it worked before.

The previus vergion (witch was 5.0) worked.
Pokky

Post by Pokky »

I'd tested using the beta build and it worked fine.

Perhaps typing hud_scale -1 in your console to see if it works.
Hexereticdoom

Post by Hexereticdoom »

CasualChris wrote:Hexeretic, if you don't mind answering, which edition of Maps of Chaos do you consider to be the best one for playing with this mod?
Well, I think that rather depends more of each player's preferences and skills... If someone doesn't want a too high difficulty or hates getting frustrated (like me :P ), the Standard version could be his preferred one. If you consider you are good enough and think the Standard version is quite easy, you should choose Hardcore one. But hey, if you love playing Doom always on UV and do not mind to get squashed over and over, Overkill version might be what you're looking for. :wink:
kadu522 wrote:The hud is not scaleing properly. (Useing GZDoom g3.0pre-95-gb84f7bc from 01-05-17).
Are you perhaps using the v3.0 of JPHUD Healthbar? This one messes the new scaling menu on GZDoom 3.0.x, so please use the v3.1 included in mod's compressed file instead.
kadu522

Post by kadu522 »

i am not useing the healthbar its just the mod itself.
Hexereticdoom

Post by Hexereticdoom »

Are you playing on fullscreen or in a window? At which screen resolution? :?:

Also can be that development version might be bugged. Have you tried with a most recent dev release? (Gzdoom-g3.0pre-190-g3b20c26 from 15-May-17 is actually the newest one at the moment).

Return to “Gameplay Mods”