HXRTC Project Golden Edition Plus R10 (7 Jul 2022)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: HXRTC Project v3.1a (Formerly known as HXRTC Pack)

Postby Mister Neauxbauxdeay » Tue Jan 12, 2016 7:42 pm

Hexereticdoom wrote:Added a DONTGIB flag to the New BossBrain Decorate lump, please check and try again!

(And if that doesn't resolve the issue, I'll have to eliminate the special lump on next release...) :|

The DONTGIB you just added to the bossbrain in v3.1a fixed the issue with the BOSSBRAIN I mentioned for MAP13 of Pcorf Community Project. I will let you know if I spot any more BOSSBRAIN exit-related issues.
Mister Neauxbauxdeay
Lazy eye much, anyone?

Postby Hexereticdoom » Wed Jan 13, 2016 1:49 pm

Mister Neauxbauxdeay wrote:The DONTGIB you just added to the bossbrain in v3.1a fixed the issue with the BOSSBRAIN I mentioned for MAP13 of Pcorf Community Project. I will let you know if I spot any more BOSSBRAIN exit-related issues.

OK, thank you for the info! :thumb:
Hexereticdoom
Don't make me angry or I'll bite you! Heheheee...

Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Postby Patriot1776 » Wed Jan 13, 2016 8:32 pm

Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU for ratcheting down the frequency of the store-droid spawns! Started a fresh playthrough of the CO-OP version of original DooM ][ and it is much better looking seeing so far, on the VERY limited playing I've done, seeing only one shop droid of each type per level so far.

I do have an idea as a further refinement for the shop droids: if you do not have any weapons for a particular type of ammo, the store-droid will not sell you that ammo until you have the corresponding weapon type. This means like until you have the Saturn-V, you can't buy rockets from the droids if they have them for sale, you can't buy energy cells until you have a pulse blaster, BFG-X, or pulse rifle, etc. This could perhaps be optional, but would serve to prevent the player from stocking up and hoarding ammo early on for a powerful weapon so that when they find a powerful weapon they are supposed to have a limited amount of ammo to use on the level for, they they have to make do with what is on that level instead of being able to possibly go hog-wild with said powerful weapon because they had been stocking up on ammo in previous levels knowing they were going to find said weapon.

Also, I do think the prices for buying the slot 5, 6, and 7 weapons from a store-droid could use a good bit of increasing, as I was able to obtain a Saturn-V very, very quickly again because of how plentiful cash is.
Patriot1776

Postby ImForbi » Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:09 pm

Hi guys, I'm new to this kind of mod for doom. And this one rocks! But my hud is showing up :/

HXRTCPROJECTHUD_V5.1 is working just fine. Any ideas? (the classic hud insn't working neither)
ImForbi

Re: HXRTC Project v3.1b (Formerly known as HXRTC Pack)

Postby Hexereticdoom » Fri Jan 15, 2016 7:08 pm

Hello there Doomguys, I've released another hotfix update in shape of v3.1b, that repairs a few issues with some enemy sounds (Rocky Mancubus was completely muted, for example) and also tweaked & updated some more SFX for some weapons and ammo items. By the way, a part of the code has been optimized; replaced some deprecated Decorate functions and flags with more actual ones, and revised/cleaned some weapons code like the Shotguns, MP40, Combat Rifle, Saturn-V and Plasma Zapper.

I recommend to download it ASAP, you know... :!:

Keep enjoying and have fun! 8-)

@Patriot1776: Glad the updated mod changes have been useful to you! And also thank you for your suggestions and ideas, I'll take them into account for future releases of the H-Project. :wink:

@ImForbi: Hello, glad you like the mod! But I don't understand very well what are you asking for the HUD. Is it working OK or not? Have you tweaked correctly the HUD options and Screensize on (G)ZDoom's menu? :?:
Hexereticdoom

Postby ImForbi » Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:38 pm

@Hexereticdoom:
The health bar is ok, but the hud ist't working. Any ideas?

What options should I check?

ImForbi

Postby Xanirus » Fri Jan 15, 2016 9:00 pm

Anyone know of a program to read .pk7? Or a way for Slade to do it?

Would like to try and do the change listed below, regarding the reloading (that seems to still of not been fixed) but Slade can only open .pk3s.

https://github.com/rheit/zdoom/pull/459/files
Xanirus

Postby phantombeta » Fri Jan 15, 2016 10:26 pm

7Zip can. PK7 files are just renamed 7z files.
And, uh, that change is on the sourceport's source code and it HAS been fixed. Get a newer dev build of (G)ZDoom from DRDTeam.
phantombeta
Tired of being treated like trash by control freaks

Postby Xanirus » Sat Jan 16, 2016 2:51 am

Wow, I literally updated the GZDoom build a few days ago, didn't think it had to be THAT recent. Thanks for the PK7 update though. Now I can just hope that it doesn't put up a fuss when I try to edit the .txt files when I put them back in.
Xanirus

Postby ImForbi » Sat Jan 16, 2016 9:39 am

Fixed the hud thing, I just needed to press the _- / += key. :D
ImForbi

Postby Patriot1776 » Sat Jan 16, 2016 10:31 am

Hexereticdoom wrote:Hello there Doomguys, I've released another hotfix update in shape of v3.1b, that repairs a few issues with some enemy sounds (Rocky Mancubus was completely muted, for example) and also tweaked & updated some more SFX for some weapons and ammo items. By the way, a part of the code has been optimized; replaced some deprecated Decorate functions and flags with more actual ones, and revised/cleaned some weapons code like the Shotguns, MP40, Combat Rifle, Saturn-V and Plasma Zapper.

I recommend to download it ASAP, you know... :!:

Keep enjoying and have fun! 8-)

@Patriot1776: Glad the updated mod changes have been useful to you! And also thank you for your suggestions and ideas, I'll take them into account for future releases of the H-Project. :wink:

About to grab the new hotfix. But yes, the reduced incidence of store-droids spawning has taken it back to where I actually have to be careful and be on my toes again and can't just be Mr. Rambo or Ahhhnold the Terminator thanks to having unlimited ammo for my weapons via store-droid purchases and being able to buy replacement armor and health literally whenever I need to because of the store-droids being EVERYWHERE. XDD I actually got killed on level 3 of Hellbound from the final wave enemies. XD

Now, in my opinion, the Saw Thrower could use work unless I need some tips on how to better use it. The actual saw launching function it seems could use a buff or a faster rater rate of fire, with the number of sawblades that you can carry.

Also, since you can carry 300 shotgun shells without the backpack, 600 with the backpack, the mod is just BEGGING for another shotgun weapon, preferably a box-fed or drum-fed semi-auto/full-auto one to make use of being able to tote several hundred shells around with you. Either that, or you could consider reducing the number of shells you can cary to 150/300.

EDIT: Additionally, since you can carry several hundred rounds of Colt M1911 ammo, it would make sense to dual wield M1911's too, which I hope is in work.
Patriot1776

Re: HXRTC Project v3.2 (Formerly known as HXRTC Pack)

Postby Hexereticdoom » Sun Jan 17, 2016 8:40 pm

Patriot1776 wrote:Also, since you can carry 300 shotgun shells without the backpack, 600 with the backpack, the mod is just BEGGING for another shotgun weapon, preferably a box-fed or drum-fed semi-auto/full-auto one to make use of being able to tote several hundred shells around with you. Either that, or you could consider reducing the number of shells you can cary to 150/300.

EDIT: Additionally, since you can carry several hundred rounds of Colt M1911 ammo, it would make sense to dual wield M1911's too, which I hope is in work.

Surprise my friend! :joker:

You know what? Now those suggested features have become true... :wink:

Hell yes doomguys, a new release is from now available! Version 3.2, to be precise. This one comes with a couple of new powerful weapons for increasing even more your already plentiful arsenal: the Dual Colt 1911 and the Auto Shotgun. That's it, now you can equip two 1911 pistols at once (same way like the Berettas and Pulse Rifles) and so doubling this way your attack capacity for those rude enemies! :grr:

But the main course comes with the new automatic shotgun: this rare and fearful toy will delight most players, combining the potential of the good ol' Doom shotgun and the power of the chainguns/miniguns. This time you can forget the manual reloading, 'cause this wonder comes with a linkless ammo-feeding system. Don't forget, when you get one, you won't stop killing them! :shotty:

(And apart from the usual improvements and bugfixes, the HUD has also been upgraded to v5.2 for maintaining compatibility with your new weaponry.)

So keeping improving as ever, don't forget... For now, enjoy your new fresh weapons and squish them all!

Cheerio, enjoy and have a nice Doomsday! 8-)
Hexereticdoom

Postby TheLightBad96 » Sun Jan 17, 2016 9:03 pm

Fucking awesome, new ways to fuck the enemies shit up completely (definitely looking forward to using the Autoshotgun to mince just about anything that tries to hurt me)

P.S. are you planning on adding dual wield to the other lighter weapons ( MP40, Autorifle, Plasma Pistol ect)
TheLightBad96

Location: Jonathan Crimson pleased to make your acquaintance.
Discord: Light/Crimson#4097

Postby Patriot1776 » Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:39 am

Dang!! Thanks! I'm a little scared to keep making weapon suggestions, afraid they actually WILL wind up being put in, no matter what! :lol:

But I gotta say, the most underwhelming weapon at the moment is the Saw Thrower's shooting attack. The secondary melee mode is fine and fun to use, but the primary blade shooting attack...it's just not strong enough it seems. It should make an utter mess of all the zombies and the non-stone imps and kill or very nearly kill non-stone demons and knock major hunks of health out of the hellhound and its spectre derivative, and really should be able to cut through several said enemies, while stone enemies it of course the blade should stop with the first stone enemy it hit. Those are what it seems to be lacking for me to really wanna use the saw thrower's primary attack more.
Patriot1776

Postby Agitatio » Mon Jan 18, 2016 1:27 pm

Encountered a bug. Shop told me it sells Auto Shotgun, but it actually sold me a Quad Shotgun.
Agitatio

Discord: Agitatio#1588
Operating System: Windows 11

PreviousNext

Return to Gameplay Mods