HXRTC Project Golden Edition Plus R14 (1 Jun 2023)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
armyman12345

Re: HXRTC Project Final Edition (Updated 23 aug 2017)

Post by armyman12345 »

Is there a list as to what all the new items do? Also, what does "arm. save" mean in the HUD?
Korell

Post by Korell »

armyman12345 wrote: Also, what does "arm. save" mean in the HUD?
Arm. save would be short for armour-saving, which is the percentage of the damage that the armour takes. So blue armour not only gives you 200 armour, it also soaks up more of the damage (half of the damage as opposed to one third of the damage for the standard green armour). Here's some more info: http://doomwiki.org/wiki/Armors

Note that mods can change the armour-saving values, of the armours, and mods may also in fact have more than two armour types if the author wants to create additional armour pick-ups.
Apeirogon

Post by Apeirogon »

That a very-wery-fery strange mod. I even dont know, this is subtle irony or just not finished work.
Why? Well
1. Omicron railgun firepower is at the same level as starting pistol. Maybe solve of this enigma was found future generations of g/q/%_letter_%doom player
2. Slightly less than all weapon i just dont used. Yes, when i found coach shotgun i start using it, but when i have all arsenal, this happens roughly at 8-10 level, i using only gauss minigan, protoblaster, black hole maker and heavy minigun, when im out of electricity in my pocket. Oh, and axe bith berzerker, when put down mimic.
3. Yes, monsters different resistance to different typr of damage, but meh, who need superfluous gestures with switching weapon when you have full backpack of chaingun ammo?

You want to say "Play on 'kick butt' difficulty, not 'please dont hurt me'!!1one "? I already play at "danger" difficulteeee, and at sf2011 and alien vendetta wad. Yeah, at start, with pew-pew pistol, it hard, but when i achived better weapon i start walk through level, like something like hot knife through something like soft and buttery.
Or i just fag at doom :ninja:
Spoiler:
Anyway, I dont say mod bad. it just strange, for me.Or i PLAY IT WRONG when play on it.
doomguy214

Older versions for archives

Post by doomguy214 »

Does anyone have hxtrc project older versions for my personal collection :D
Gorec

Post by Gorec »

this is a great mod it has so many weps and monsters and other things...but omircon gun is useless against more than 1 enemies cuz it has long recharge i only use it when an enemy didnt die when he should(try to kill stone demon with coach gun several times)
Hexereticdoom
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: Older versions for archives

Post by Hexereticdoom »

doomguy214 wrote:Does anyone have hxtrc project older versions for my personal collection :D
I still have got most of the previous mod releases uploaded on MediaFire, if you want some concrete versions in particular, send me a PM. :wink:

By the way, I have published a minor revision of the mod some instants ago (it will be definitely the last one, for sure) which only includes a small but funny feature: from now most of the Colour torches (tall and short ones, located usually on hellish levels) can be de-activated and activated again if you touch them pressing the 'Use' button. Yeah, not a big thing, but it might be quite fun after a long time making pew-pew to enemies everywhere, don't you think so? :mrgreen:

You already know, if you wanna get the update, get to the first post and follow the pertinent links...

And on the other hand, I'm pleased to announce that my forthcoming new project is almost ready for release! After some weeks of pretty hard working, the actual progress of the addon it's around 90%, so after I perform this coming week some last retouches, bugfixings and play-testings, it will be published quite soon if everything goes OK! :D

So well, keep an eye and expect more good news... See you soon my doomish friends! 8-)
Awtrey516

Post by Awtrey516 »

I can't get the mod to run it just says "22 errors while parsing DECORATE scripts" :cry:
Gorec

Post by Gorec »

Awtrey516 wrote:I can't get the mod to run it just says "22 errors while parsing DECORATE scripts" :cry:
use gzdoom 3.1 it works fine for me
Mere_Duke

Post by Mere_Duke »

For those who want to use TopHPBars.pk3:
There are some performance problems. Hordes of monsters cause massive lags due to much "Bar" actors spawned.
I decided to show only bars of those who have HP loss.

Heres my tweaked version of Top HP Bars.
Original author : coldcite
Attachments
TopHPBars.pk3
(149.72 KiB) Downloaded 80 times
Hexereticdoom
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Hexereticdoom »

Greetings everyone Doom dudes! I have received some minutes ago a nice surprise... ICARUSLIV3S has published a revision review of the H-Project! :D

And seems this has made the MODDB download counter rising up to the sky like a rocket... :o

I'm very, very pleased guys! :cheers:
Last edited by Hexereticdoom on Thu Dec 21, 2017 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Congratulations buddy!

You deserve it, your project is very very fun, i still get myself playing it a lot. ;)
unkind

Post by unkind »

umm, so how do you use the berserk pack you can pick up? I can't seem to select those items in the left area of the UI below the "selected" item.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Ooooh, congrats with doom madness, bud! You deserve more views and reviews!
Mister Neauxbauxdeay

Post by Mister Neauxbauxdeay »

ICARUSLIV3S has published a revision of the H-Project!
Based on the video's content, I think you mean "review", instead of "revision", no?
4thcharacter

Post by 4thcharacter »

Mister Neauxbauxdeay wrote:
ICARUSLIV3S has published a revision of the H-Project!
Based on the video's content, I think you mean "review", instead of "revision", no?
ICARUS magically changed the mod with his own review. :lol:

Return to “Gameplay Mods”