HXRTC Project Golden Edition Plus R14 (1 Jun 2023)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Hexereticdoom
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: HXRTC Project Golden Edition Plus R2 (Updated 20 dec 201

Post by Hexereticdoom »

Quick reply to notify that I have released a last-minute hotfix for yesterday's update. Seems that for an unknown reason, some internal lump changes of the mod were not saved correctly through SLADE tool, so after some time looking over it I have managed to recover all the features that were temporarily lost. Still I don't know what exactly happened, just cannot explain... :stuppor: :bang:

Sorry for the inconvenience Doomguys, I sincerely hope that type of issues do not happen again. For this reason, I strongly recommend you to download again the file ASAP. :!:

I have also included a few additional features as a small compensation, so I'll describe them right here:
  • - A couple of new decoration elements: Tan Flesh Pod and Pink Flesh Pod. You'll occasionally find one or more of these disgusting things around your Doom adventures, pumping and making funny noises with whatever internal fluids have inside. Watch out, maybe they can make you barf... :blergh:
    - Added some extra growls and moans to German Shepherd and Rottweiler nazi dogs.
    - The IMPALEDFOES internal lump has been removed and merged with DECORATION lump, to prevent any possible conflict with their RandomSpawners since the incorporation of the new Flesh Pods.
    - Very minor corrections and tweaks.
Keeping in search of more hidden bugs, I hope there is no need for another immediate hotfix...

Again, I wish you have very happy Christmas holidays, please enjoy and keep having fun! :joker: (_)3 :cheers:
IDKrisis

Re: HXRTC Project Golden Edition Plus R3 (Updated 2 jan 2020

Post by IDKrisis »

I've just tested the latest release of the HXRTC Project and I've got a couple of issues with it. First off, I still don't know what the exact difference is between most of the difficulty levels. Only the two highest difficulties provide any messages to tell you what to expect. Secondly, very few of the megawads I've found are fully compatible with the mod.

The main reason for this is that the HXRTC Project not only replaces weapons and enemies, but all decorative items as well. A lot of custom wads replace the SS Trooper and Commander Keen with something else, as well as replacing several decorations. Also, liquid textures are altered by the HXRTC Project and some wads also replace these. I would recommend adding a piece of text describing each difficulty level to appear for all difficulties available, as well as some compatibility options to switch off replacements for certain objects and textures.
Hexereticdoom

Post by Hexereticdoom »

Happy New Year my Doom mates, how is it going? Hope all of you be fine, so cheers for everyone! :cheers:

As a small present, I bring you a new update of the H-Project mod which keeps growing little by little with no pause! Yep, I've been quite inspired these last weeks, so taking advantage of it is the best thing to do, don't you think so? :wink:

Well then, now let's get to the point so you can check the most recent features in this release, through the usual changelog of course. Voilà, here it is:
  • - Available a new weapon that is added to your already huge arsenal: the Venom Hand Mortar! This compact cannon may appear to be a bit small to be called 'mortar', but don't underestimate its size because this toy might become very powerful -and fearful- specially against small or medium enemy groups. Just pull the trigger and a large ball of poisonous gas is shot through the cannon's mouth which, upon impact on the target, is immediately liquefied and then several acid drops are released within a limited radius, splashing and damaging all those foes around them. Use the weapon's primary fire to release a single poison gas ball, or the secondary fire to shoot a consecutive burst of three gas balls. Don't forget that you'll need to pick up Venom Jars or Venom Bottles to fill it up and envenom any hellspawn you see around (except those nasty poison-based enemies, keep in mind).

- A couple of new enemies have come to pester you in your doomish adventures (as if there weren't enough obstacles already, right?) and oddly both belong to the imp class, although they do not bear much resemblance to each other, as you will see later:
    • + Impette: you guessed it, a female imp... But don't think for a moment that being a female monster is going to be softer with you than her male relatives; in fact, she's a lot more malicious than them. And although she isn't able to spit fireballs like most male imps, instead has the ability to throw her own body spikes at you. And they are sharp like knives! So then, forget trying to flirt with her and kill ASAP this sexy(?) beast, or maybe you'll regret it.

+ Flea Imp: here it comes, finally it arrived ladies and gentlemen, a loud applause for...! Whoa wait, this is not a circus, although it seems to come from there... This midget monster may seem funny and harmless, but don't be fooled in any way! As its name implies, it is able to jump as high as a flea; and adding to that a quite fast running speed, you may be have trouble aiming and shooting at such a small target. (Perhaps the best moment is when it is about to attack you with its greenish mini-fireballs).
    - Included some new bullet puff graphic sprites, so the visible existing ones may vary depending on the surface on which they are generated (for example, shooting your Beretta(s) at walls/floors or to a non-blooding enemy).

- Added the Cacodemon Doll and the CyberDemon Doll as exclusive special prizes to collect from the Big Mistery Boxes.

- Fixed unwanted behaviour: your friendly helpers like the Special Combat Droid, the Hunting Dog and the Ghostly Black Gem won't keep attacking blindly to a dormant/inactive Sentinel Mushroom, in case they meet it on their way.

- Other minor bugfixes and flaw corrections.
Download and get your updated mod copies at the bottom of first post, as being usual...

Hope you keep having lots of fun! Cheerio everyone, and again I wish you a Happy New Year! :rock: :thumb: :joker: (_)3
pfred1x

Post by pfred1x »

I just started playing the 02-01-2020_R3 update and I like the new monsters. For some reason my start up menu screen is missing text for a lot of the selections. Only READ THIS shows up. How can I fix that? I pretty much know where everything is on the menu anyways but it is still annoying.
Hexereticdoom

Re: HXRTC Project Golden Edition Plus R3a (Updated 2 feb 202

Post by Hexereticdoom »

Uploaded a minor maintenance release of the mod, in shape of R3a. (Yep, still not named R4 because it only includes very few changes and fixes respect the previous version). :ugeek:

Here you have the detailed changelog for this one:
  • - Included a couple of new foes to confront with: the Stinger (a variant of the caco-ish Watcher enemy, easily distinguishable by its light gray colour; it attacks spitting bursts of very harmful thorns to its enemies -including YOU- and also is stronger and more elusive than its orange brother, so beware) and the Hinky-Punkin (a close relative of the well-known Evil-O-Wisp, a bit weaker but also faster and more aggresive, when defeated -or even before- it will self-destruct causing damage around it).
    - The Guardian Cube is not summoned anymore by enemies like Pain Elementals or Hell Necromancers, its previous place has been taken by the newer Hinky-Punkin. However, it's still possible to find it anywhere in wild state, like the Giant Wasps or Flesh Spawns, among others.
    - Added alternate deaths for Gremlin and Mini-Gremlin enemies.
    - Fixed a strange issue related to the Ying-Yang Slither, which in some rare cases its first-invoked Killer Wave attack could provoke a momentary freeze (near crash) state in GZDoom/LZDoom engine.
    - Some other minor changes, fixes and code optimizations.
As usual, please go to first post to get your updated copies of the mod. Keep having fun and have a nice Doomsday! 8-)
Hexereticdoom

Re: HXRTC Project Golden Edition Plus R3b (Updated 12 feb 20

Post by Hexereticdoom »

Another minor maintenance update is up, in shape of R3b. (And another delay for R4...) :melancholy:

Here is the list of changes for this release:
  • - Now most of the defeated enemies -through a non-special death- can occasionally make it appear one Small Fly (or more than one, very rarely) which will fly buzzing anywhere, for an indeterminate -but limited- period of time. But do not worry too much: these little bugs, apart from being a bit distracting and annoying, are totally harmless and pose no threat to anyone (unlike those nasty Giant Wasps). So don't lose your valuable time with them and keep fighting with bigger monsters! :twisted:
    - The Ice Chunks released from frozen enemies have been revised: now they shouldn't keep rolling on floor when they finish bouncing, in some pretty rare cases. Also, all melting-soon chunk sprites on the floor have a bit more varied forms than before.
    - Converted all the 7z compressed files of the mod into PK3 format. This should fix some possible in-game performance problems, and also makes the GZDoom's file loading quite faster (in exchange for taking up a bit more disk space). :idea:
    - Removed some code redundances, plus some other minor fixes and tweaks.
Updated download links are awaiting for you at first post. Wish you keep having fun with the H-Project! :wink:

Hasta la vista, babies... 8-)
Starman the Blaziken
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Starman the Blaziken »

Hey Hexreticdoom, think you might want to rework the sniper rifle a bit? At least in terms on ammo consumption and maybe a bit of a animation to nerf the normal fire for my suggestion?
At least this is what I suggest to work the rifle:
Give it a 10 ammo / 20 ammo on backpack clip, but the rifle takes two per shot. Also, the non-scoped shots have the current reload animation + sound and the scoped gets the reload sound.
Though for a good bonus when scoped in it deals a bit of additional damage.
I also thought maybe give the main reload animation itself a thing where you load in the clip more than just move the handle.
How might that sound? (P.S. In my Doom 2 run, it was the only rifle weapon I had for a bit and it had the highest ammo and yet did too good so it gave me food for thought on this suggestion)
Xenolix
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by Xenolix »

Just gonna drop the updated all Weapons Showcase here.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pU3ISXl8De4
Hexereticdoom

Post by Hexereticdoom »

Starman the Blaziken wrote:Hey Hexreticdoom, think you might want to rework the sniper rifle a bit? At least in terms on ammo consumption and maybe a bit of a animation to nerf the normal fire for my suggestion?
At least this is what I suggest to work the rifle:
Give it a 10 ammo / 20 ammo on backpack clip, but the rifle takes two per shot. Also, the non-scoped shots have the current reload animation + sound and the scoped gets the reload sound.
Though for a good bonus when scoped in it deals a bit of additional damage.
I also thought maybe give the main reload animation itself a thing where you load in the clip more than just move the handle.
How might that sound? (P.S. In my Doom 2 run, it was the only rifle weapon I had for a bit and it had the highest ammo and yet did too good so it gave me food for thought on this suggestion)
Hello Starman, first of all thanks in advance for your suggestion. Second, I will take your proposed changes into consideration, although I cannot promise at the moment that they will be definitively implemented, especially since I would need to find (or create) some new extra sprites for the rifle, which is not always an easy task... :|
Xenolix wrote:Just gonna drop the updated all Weapons Showcase here.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pU3ISXl8De4
Oh wow, thanks a lot for your video Xenolix, I'll add it to the first post in first place, it's more up to date than the current one and shows the latest introduced weapons! :thumb:

Thank you again and keep having fun, dear Doomguys! 8-)
Starman the Blaziken

Eh true, unless a 1/2 is always good.
Hexereticdoom

Re: HXRTC Project Golden Edition Plus R3c (Updated 23 mar 20

Post by Hexereticdoom »

New revision of the mod (R3c) available for download, which brings in few words a slightly increased bestiary, a weapon update for one of your war allies, and some code fixes. (R4 may take a bit longer time than expected...) :ugeek:

Here you can read the more-detailed list of changes:
  • - A total of five new enemies have come to make things more difficult for you, and these ones might be a bit tricky to defeat:
    • + Vermin Imp: an elite version of the standard Imps, but still not a too big menace like other advanced monsters. Anyway, better take care of its greenish fireballs, that are very similar to those launched by Hell Knights and Barons.
      + Eerie Cacodemon: a rare phantasmagoric hellspawn (presumably a stuck-in-limbo Caco) with some desire for revenge due to its fate. And yeah, there are lots of chances that its next victim may be... YOU! :grr:
      + Steelish Star: a pretty intimidating looking device, it looks like a spinning iron ball full of sharp spikes. Don't get too near to it, and if you manage to weaken this thing... just run away, or hide in a safe corner! :shock:
      + Doomsdaymare (Big Boss): oh my, this is a serious one! This kind of Cyber-Cacodemon as named by a few survivors is a walking nightmare for sure. Better prepare your strongest weapons to confront this huge beast!!! :plasma:
      + Netherworld Hydra (Big Boss): a multi-headed enormous creature resembling like the mythological one that we saw in Hercules movies. But this time the hero that defeats it has to be someone else ... Guess who could it be? :tongue:
    - The Special Combat Droid equipment is now better than before, due to the recent reception of upgraded weapons at the Headquarters. So then, instead of using a standard Auto-Shotgun, these friendly-helper Droids now will fight by your side with the far-more precise and powerful Y-Mauser!

- Slight graphic edition to the Tentacle Twinblazer weapon, for eliminating the side-clipping on some extra-wide screen resolutions. (You can check the graphic bug on latest Weapon Showcase video by Xenolix at 10:01, now in current revision shouldn't happen anymore).

- Fixed a few mistypes and some minor changes in code.
As usual, the updated download links can be located at first post... Have fun and please take care, dear Doomguys! B-)

EDIT: I forgot yesterday to detail an extra change, post updated.
NiclasFrid

Post by NiclasFrid »

is there a way for you to add a list of the items available? i picked up a "Ghostly Black Gem" when i used it, it said that it joined me. i need information about what it does ;-;
Starman the Blaziken

The Ghostly Black Gem is a support item that gives you a little gem with a lot of HP that shoots a bunch of small green homing and non-homing projectiles at enemies.
Starman the Blaziken

Speaking of this mod though, I felt like playing it past all of the Empire Earth 2 I was doing. And I found a bug where sometimes an enemy when "killed" by certain plasma attacks and goes into that rainbow fading animation. Well... Sometimes the enemy will remain in that flinching-dead state without fading away giving off that brightly annoying rainbow glow.
Hexereticdoom

Post by Hexereticdoom »

Starman the Blaziken wrote:I found a bug where sometimes an enemy when "killed" by certain plasma attacks and goes into that rainbow fading animation. Well... Sometimes the enemy will remain in that flinching-dead state without fading away giving off that brightly annoying rainbow glow.
Hmm, I think I need a bit more info... Do you know if that bug occurs with a specific enemy, or does it happen with any monster randomly? Which version of GZDoom or LZDoom are you using actually? Have you adjusted some of the Compatibility Options of the sourceport to a different value? :?:

Return to “Gameplay Mods”