HXRTC Project Golden Edition Plus R14 (1 Jun 2023)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
namsan
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Re: HXRTC Project v5.3u1 (Updated 12 jun 2017)

Post by namsan »

I love your mod, but I think this mod's early-game is harsher than it should be.
Doomguy has no good equipment on start, yet powerful gun-toting zombies are everywhere!
If the game give me some options like better starting weapons, or restrict spawns of stronger zombies on early levels...
Your mod will be more enjoyable, I think.
Hexereticdoom
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: HXRTC Project v5.3u2 (Updated 23 jun 2017)

Post by Hexereticdoom »

Hi again guys, I've uploaded some instants ago a minor, maintenance release of the mod which includes some fixes and tweakings respect the previous ones published a few weeks ago. Also, have to say this might be the last update for a while, because from next week I am leaving home for holidays, and probably I won't have a stable Internet connection with my laptop for several days. So then, this will be a temporary parenthesis, but I hope can get back to work after it...

This time the mod update doesn't include lots of changes, no new enemies or items, but it comes with some fixed and tweaked elements in base of your recent feedback, but I'll detail about them in the changelog:

- For now the HXRTC Marine starts with 200 HP (like in some ancient releases of the mod) instead of previous 100 HP, so the starting difficulty is reduced and surviving initial ambushes should be a bit easier than before. So take cover and defend yourself!
- Your initial weapon (the Z-Gun) now will shoot a bit faster, having increased the trigger speed by removing 1 tic in refire process. If ammo is worryingly scarce in the played maps don't hesitate to use it, just shoot, shoot and shoot! Also don't forget to use its charged shot for those harder skin foes... :idea:
- Attack and Defense initial values have been changed from 5 to 25 each one; however this is just an abstract representation of your DamageMultiplier and DamageFactor variables which remains mainly unchanged, but still will be incremented as you get enough experience and level up killing your rivals by your hand (remember, enemy infight is useful, but that won't count as EXP points for you).
- The maximum armor value is now 999 AP, instead of previous 9999 AP. (This shouldn't become a problem for most players, taking into account the best armor item won't grant you more than 500 AP, and is way too uncommon to get over 1000 armour points in most megawads or levels).
- Improved visually most of the fast-projectile trails, now they will fade out in a smoother way than in past mod releases. Also several non-fast trailed projectiles have been revised and updated to show more correctly (for example, some of them were generating their trail before the same projectile, and caused a weird effect; now this behaviour has been fixed in most cases).
- Minor graphic update in the HUD (in player's armor section).
- Some other code updatings, plus minor fixes and tweaks.

For now that is all, but don't forget still there is room for future improvements and features, it's just a matter of time... and learning, of course. There is always something new to learn, as it's been said... :ugeek:

I'll be back!

See ya, and I wish you have also nice Doom-holidays... 8-)
AvzinElkein

Post by AvzinElkein »

I booted up the game, but didn't hit "new game" since I got errors (3.1.0, and I loaded all four WADs): http://imgur.com/a/CVYsG
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

AvzinElkein wrote:I booted up the game, but didn't hit "new game" since I got errors (3.1.0, and I loaded all four WADs): http://imgur.com/a/CVYsG
You are running Ultimate Doom, and some of the animation entries are referencing textures that only exist in Doom 2. This is 100% harmless to players and should not impact the way the game runs at all.
Hexereticdoom

Re: HXRTC Project v5.4 (Updated 23 jul 2017)

Post by Hexereticdoom »

Yo there Doom mates, I'm back again! How are going those holidays? Mine ones have ended from now, but after these last weeks I'm rested, fresh and ready for some more Doom playin' and editin', hehe... B-)

And also bringing you some good news, I've come with a new cool update for your H-Project copies (yeah, some days ago I've had some spare time to make it, fortunately I did not forget my laptop on home :P) As you could imagine, the v5.4 carries with itself several new features and improvements respect from all previous releases, some of them quite significative, so then let's go with what really matters and take now a peek at the pertinent list of changes! :)

Voilà, here it is:
  • - Introduced a new special and rare weapon: the Omicron Raygun! This classified prototype was long time ago one of the most admired UAC creations, a revolutionary and quite powerful weapon that could shoot very harmful laser shots which had the big advantage to auto-recharge itself with ambient light particles, discarding the need of being charged manually with conventional ammunition. The bad thing is, due to a huge explosion on the HQ warehouse installations provoked by a riot from some rebel marines, most of the Omicron materials and also lots of weapons were totally destroyed. However, it is said by some veteran and retired soldiers that there are still some samples of the weapon prototype that were picked up and thrown away by those rebel's hands, although in a quite damaged state. So there should be a small chance with a bit of luck: if you are able to find and bring together the required material pieces (a damaged Omicron Raygun sample, a toolbox kit for repairing it, and a fully functional spare part for activating up its internal energy) you could have some probabilities to obtain this relic toy...

- Available a couple of new special cool items: the Silver Tickets and the Golden Tickets! Yeah yes, you heard well. Although this could sound like if I was talking about a certain movie about a confectionery factory tour, the thing is a bit different. So then, and from now, every enemy of the mod and some types of mistery chests (or boxes) have a minimal chance to spawn one or more of these unique tickets; if you are really, I say, REALLY lucky and you obtain enough tickets of one class or another, then you'll have a chance to exchange them talking to one of the special Ticket Barter Droids. The BIG PRIZE you obtain as reward may vary depending of the exchanged ticket classes, but for sure it will be really worthy for all your efforts! Pick up as much you can, and I wish you good luck! :thumb:

- From now on, all and each one of the Renegade Marines have their exclusive sprites for showing their attack mode/weapon in a more noticeable way, instead of using the previous generic player marine sprites. Plus, a pair of new renegade classes have joined to the already existent rebel marine hordes: the Renegade Rifleman and the Renegade Sniper. Take care with them! :!:

- New 'keeny' character replacing the old Hanging Duke Nukem replicas: the Captive Mini-Aliens. Some poor extraterrestrial green & friendly midgets which have been trapped by some crazy UAC scientists and locked up on some advanced tech-test tubes. They're awaiting patiently for someone who can release them from their hard crystal prisons... So then, who will be the hero? O-)

- Updated the HUD for compatibility with the main new features (Omicron Raygun weapon, gathered Omicron material pieces and number of picked up Silver & Golden Tickets).

- Several Decorate code corrections and optimizations, plus minor bugfixings and tweakings.
It's almost all for now! Time now for yourselves for file downloading, plus some possible bug reporting and feature suggesting if you want... :wink:

Good luck everyone with your doomish adventures, and have a nice Doomsday! 8-)
CasualChris

Post by CasualChris »

Nice to see the mod still alive and well after all these days!
N1ch0l2s

Post by N1ch0l2s »

Oh my god. This mod is probably one of the best gameplay mods I've ever played. It's like the Russian Overkill of RPG mods because of the HUGE arsenal. I can only assume the title is meant to abbreviate "HEXERETIC" which obviously sounds like a mix of Hexen and Heretic. Despite the difficulty ramp-up due to the enemies, I've actually managed to get past DOOM II's MAP09: The Pit. That map was such a pain because of the Pain Elementals. But this mod's huge arsenal helped me overcome those things. I tried doing a regular playthrough of DOOM II with Beautiful Doom (essentially graphically updated Doom, oh and gibs) and failed several times on The Pit, giving up. This mod just basically gives Doom a whole new experience, even if it's just simply a gameplay mod! I sure hope Icarus reviews this.
Mister Neauxbauxdeay

Post by Mister Neauxbauxdeay »

I don't know if anyone else has picked up on this, but the options menu for the JP HUD Heatlh Bar plugin does not display at all in the most recent SVN versions of GZDoom. I know I could just go back to the most recent stable release of the engine, but still, it would be nice if Hexereticdoom could fix this for a future release.
Hexereticdoom

Re: HXRTC Project v5.4u1 (Updated 2 aug 2017)

Post by Hexereticdoom »

How is it going dear Doomguys? =:)

Just released some minutes ago a small update for the mod, which brings a little few new features respect the first v5.4 published some days ago. So then, not lot of them this time, mainly there are just a couple included (plus the pertinent tweaks & fixings, of course).

Now, let's get to the changelog for some more details...
  • - The HXRTC Marine has a new direct action available: small Column Placing. What is it for? Well, to say the truth it has some few but useful (cheating?) tactics: you can set an unlimited set of small Columns to make some temp mini-barricades to obstruct your enemies and that way, avoiding getting too close to you. They can also be used for maintaining some nuisance-automatic doors open up, which always get closed every time while you're shooting your foes from the 'other-room' safe spot. And yeah, they could also be used as makeshift markers off the Auto-Map for remembering the correct path on some labyrinthic levels. Note that once you put them on the floor, there's NO WAY to destroy them, but they can be pushed up like the explosive barrels to clear the way. So take care, and use them at your own risk! :ugeek:

- The Icon of Sin's spawned skullboxes have now a more eerie, phantasmagoric effect: now they're semi-translucent and also spawn a multi-particle trail while spinning around to their default floor spots. Their travelling speed has also been slightly increased, and they will be even faster in the hardest skill level (I'm absolutely crazy!!!!!).

- Changed Silver Tickets and Golden Tickets maximum amount to the default value stablished on Doom-based games by GZDoom (25 instead of previous 10).

- Updated the JPHUD HealthBar addon to v3.2, which includes some fixes for compatibility with development versions of GZDoom 3.2. It also works with v3.1, too! (Has not been tested with previous releases, but they should work too).

- Some minor fixes and tweaks.
One last thing: please DO NOT UPDATE your mod copies if you are actually in an advanced game walktrough! This release includes some ACS changes and will interfere in your already saved games; so do it only when you're going to start a new game or a pistol-start level! :!:
CasualChris wrote:Nice to see the mod still alive and well after all these days!
Of course my friend, and there are more updates to come with a bit of luck! :thumb:
N1ch0l2s wrote:Oh my god. This mod is probably one of the best gameplay mods I've ever played. It's like the Russian Overkill of RPG mods because of the HUGE arsenal. I can only assume the title is meant to abbreviate "HEXERETIC" which obviously sounds like a mix of Hexen and Heretic. Despite the difficulty ramp-up due to the enemies, I've actually managed to get past DOOM II's MAP09: The Pit. That map was such a pain because of the Pain Elementals. But this mod's huge arsenal helped me overcome those things. I tried doing a regular playthrough of DOOM II with Beautiful Doom (essentially graphically updated Doom, oh and gibs) and failed several times on The Pit, giving up. This mod just basically gives Doom a whole new experience, even if it's just simply a gameplay mod! I sure hope Icarus reviews this.
Glad you like the mod, thank you for your kind words and keep having fun! :)
Mister Neauxbauxdeay wrote:I don't know if anyone else has picked up on this, but the options menu for the JP HUD Heatlh Bar plugin does not display at all in the most recent SVN versions of GZDoom. I know I could just go back to the most recent stable release of the engine, but still, it would be nice if Hexereticdoom could fix this for a future release.
Please update to v3.2 of JPHUD HealthBar included in this release! It should work with any future version of GZDoom, and also with previous ones! :wink:

Have a nice Doomsday, everyone! 8-)
-Ghost-

Re: HXRTC Project v5.4u1 (Updated 2 aug 2017)

Post by -Ghost- »

I saw how you had a Renegade Fighter enemy and it got me thinking; what about corrupted FIghter/Mage/Cleric from Hexen? It could be cool to have them as a tougher, miniboss/baron level enemy that could drop a powerful weapon or spell based off which one you took down. The Fighter could give you Quietus or his axe, Cleric could give you Waithverge, and the mage could give you Bloodscourge or one of his spells. Give em some creepier sounds or evil looking sprite reskins and you'd be good to go. You could probably do the same with Corvus from Heretic as well, though I'm not sure what would be a good representative weapon for him, the crossbow or tome of power as a powerup maybe?
Hexereticdoom

Re: HXRTC Project Final Edition (Updated 22 aug 2017)

Post by Hexereticdoom »

Hi there Doomguys, I have released some instants ago (and accurately coinciding with my 40th birthday, fancy that) a special new release of the H-Project... and yes, this time is called Final Edition.

Why is it called this way, you say? Well, the answer is pretty simple: from now there are not going to be any further updates of the mod. After thinking about it deeply these last days, and having sorted many types of ideas in my brain, I consider it has arrived the time to put a full stop and make a turning page...

From almost three years, I have been working on this now HUGE mod, which in its beginnings it just started as a simple but enhanced, merged fusion between two already existing Doom addons, and has been growing and growing more over time as I incorporated to it a bunch of new features and functionalities, expanding it to a level I even could not imagine at first... For the present time, I think the mod is enough consolidated and it already has lots and lots of weapons, enemies, items and countless of unique features, and it is satisfactory for me to have reached this point, at the same time I consider it would be too much bloated if I keep including more and more things without thinking about it in a reasonable way... Yeah, it may not be still perfect, but as you will know, it is quite hard to maintain computer games and their mods and/or expansions to everyone's taste...

And yes, undoubtly, it has been a lot of fun editing and creating this custom Doom mod, mainly to fit my own taste on playing this big classic game created by ID Software, but at same time it has served me as learning with code, and being subsequently shared publicly... And of course, even improved with each new version to far new levels thanks to all your suggestions my friends, seriously, thanks for all your help and for making possible converting this mod in what is it actually. Thanks a lot for making it a bit more popular than it was before. Thank you again everyone, guys. You're the best ones. :thumb:

Having said all this, it's now time to mention the list of changes present in this final release. There are not too huge changes respect from last published version, except some nice surprises you'll like for sure, but let's go to it:
  • - Finally recovered a missing feature from several versions ago: the Fast Kick! As you might remember, one of the introduced features in version 4.0 (and some previous ones) was the possibility to kick your enemies and other things while you were equipping any weapon, whose efficiency was increased with the collection of Berserk Packs. Sadly, and due to an exploit bug, there was a chance to make the player completely incapable of using his weapons if you used precisely the kick movement when you pressed an Exit switch (or walking to an Exit line map) on a previous level; so I decided to remove that feature (and changing some other ones, like the Hand Grenades and Land Mines throwing) while I was thinking about an alternative solution. But fortunately, I discovered that solution some weeks ago: thanks to ZDoom's A_WeaponReady function and Zoom states Decorate features, I have finally achieved the use of the Fast Kick like in the above mentioned mod versions, and it won't make you harmless this time, even provoking the aforementioned Exit exploit bug. So you only have to bind the ZDoom's standard Zoom key to your favourite one, and you'll be able to use the Fast Kick at any moment, even when jumping (Air Kicking), no matter what you do, or what weapon are you actually equipping, the kicking action is performed now in fail-safe mode... So go on and kick them for good! :grr:

- Due to the re-introduction of the Fast Kick feature, the former Punch & Kick attack mode has been renamed the same way it was called several mod versions ago, yes my friends... the Double Knuckles! It was a bit redundant to keep the secondary fire's kicking attack, so it has been replaced by a new attack: the Uppercut Punch! While the primary attack keeps untouched (random left punch or right punch), the secondary attack will perform a painful uppercut-knuckled movement, which strenght and effectiveness will be reinforced if you get a Berserk Pack, Mini-Berserk Pack or Stimulant Serum. Really effective against Pinkies and other melee enemies, so if you are tired of shooting at distance, try it and punch them like a big sack of potatoes! :bang:

- The Silver Tickets and Golden Tickets can be from now bought from some special Trade Shop Droids, sold in packs of three tickets. Warning: they will be quite expensive, but after all it can be an alternative way to getting them, specially if you haven't got enough luck collecting them from defeated enemies...

- Increased the maximum number of collectable inventory items: now you'll be able to pick up a total of 16 items from each type (like in Heretic game) instead of previous limit of 10.

- Tweaked the player's small Placeable Columns rendering style (translucent instead of additive, they keep pulsing but not in a spectral way like before).

- Several code optimizations and bugfixings.
Last, but not least, I have to say I'm actually starting to work in another project, it might be quite soon to tell more about it 'cause it is still a bit far from being completed, but it will be related to one of the good old Raven's Software games... I prefer to reserve the surprise until it is done, but I hope the work and wait worths it. Meanwhile, please enjoy and have fun with the final release of my beloved H-Project...

Thanks for your attention dear Doomguys, and see you next time! :cheers:
Last edited by Hexereticdoom on Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Well, happy b-day man.

It's at the same time, good and bad to see this done. Good in the "let's move on" meaning. Bad because i really liked the surprises this mod had each new version. But hey, you're making something new for Raven players. We always can take some new Heretic/Hexen mods.

GL on your new mod. ;)
leodoom85

Post by leodoom85 »

Hexereticdoom, happy birthday man (a bit late but it's ok). And even if this mod has reached the end, it'll be still fun to play it :) . Also, good luck with your next project...maybe something even crazier will come out :D
Gorec

Post by Gorec »

i realized that autoaim doesnt work on most enemies is that intentional?
Hexereticdoom

Re: HXRTC Project Final Edition (Updated 23 aug 2017)

Post by Hexereticdoom »

@GAA1992 & @leodoom85: Thank you guys! :D

And yes, I'm having high hopes with my next future project, so it's just a matter of time and patience... I'll try to keep you informed about the progress if possible! :wink:

@Gorec: Yes, from some versions ago the autoaim feature was disabled... This way, all those advanced weapons with seeker projectiles become more relevant than the rest, which normally require manual aiming for an intentional, increased challenge.

By the way, I have seen myself forced to release an important hotfix to the main mod file, which fixes some critical last-minute errors at the same time improves a few features of which I was not 100% satisfied in yesterday's published file. Ouch... Barely 24 hours have passed, and a vital update of the mod is needed... :oops:

I'll be brief in changelog details:
  • - Fixed an erroneous behaviour related to the Fast Kick, which was consuming units of ammo of some equipped weapons with each successful enemy hit. (Why I won't have notice it before...?) :blergh:
    - Now the Fast Kick hits pulls forward the player a little if you hit an enemy or certain map elements (Tech Lamps, Evil Eyes, Tesla Coils, etc.) The Uppercut Punch, plus the Knife and Hatchet secondary attacks now also pulls you forward with each successful stroke.
    - The Venus Weed is now able to displace herself a bit on the ground (only in her first form) with very slow speed and at regular intervals. This should prevent making her totally inaccessible on some teleporting traps in certain Doom II map levels (so from now she's not a completely stationary enemy anymore).
    - Improved the action of releasing small Placeable Columns: now they will bounce a bit in the floor when released, and also when being thrown to deep cliffs (with liquid surface or not). They're now easily stackable if you put one on top of the other, try it for some fun if you want! :P
Hoping having squished all known bugs for good! But if not the case, please report them if you notice something weird in the mod...

Thanks again for all! Keep having fun and have a nice Doomsday, everyone! 8-)

Return to “Gameplay Mods”