HXRTC Project Golden Edition Plus R15 (1 Apr 2024)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Hexereticdoom
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: HXRTC Project Golden Edition (Updated 2 oct 2019)

Post by Hexereticdoom »

Deustcherrr wrote:many thanks!! and there's something that i can change for making the ammo and the berserk to appear less often?
Yes, you could change certain values from the randomspawners where those elements are generated to a lesser number value, for reducing the overall spawn chance. I would recommend you to check this guide. :wink:

By the way, I take advantage of this post for announcing that I have uploaded again a few minutes ago a minor update of the H-Project, which fixes an unintentional graphic error on Help Screen (F1) which has been present on some previous mod versions until now... (Thanks for the trick, dear Paint.net! :roll: )

On the other hand, it includes an unknown new secret and ultra-rare weapon, that is only obtainable from big Mistery Chests... I wish you luck for achieving this new toy! Once you get it, you may love it, you may hate it, but for sure it will be worth it... (Sorry, I'm not giving many more details about this ultra-secret weapon, you'll have to discover it for yourselves! And please, no cheats and no spoilers, OK? ) :P

And as an extra, the mod's ZIP archive now includes a new improved version of the Nashblood Fixed Plus file, renamed now as Nashblood Enhanced, which comes with a revised Decorate code, plus some exclusive particle blood effects and new added SFXs. Hope you like it! =:)

Download link awaiting for you at first post, as usual... Nice Doomsday to everyone, Doom mates! 8-)
Hexereticdoom

Re: HXRTC Project Golden Edition (Updated 17 oct 2019)

Post by Hexereticdoom »

Hey, how is it going dear Doom mates? B-)

I've uploaded some instants ago a small hotfix release of the H-Project mod that includes some minor but necessary fixes and updatings, so here you have the quick changelog for this time:
  • - Updated the Bionic Arachnoid's previous (and rather ugly) sprites with newer and improved ones, borrowed from the hands of the great Freedoom Project Team guys and their recent 0.12.0 release. (NOTE: monster sound effects and behaviour have not been changed).
    - Fixed an issue related to Energy Skeleton, whose purplish luminous aura was still active when it was turned into a frosty statue by any ice projectile.
    - Some other very minor changes and fixes.
As an small extra, I've also added a new YT video at first post which shows almost all weapons of the mod, by courtesy of user AbsoluteN7. :wink:

Please keep having fun, and have a nice Doomsday! 8-)
cs89

Re: HXRTC Project Golden Edition (Updated 17 oct 2019)

Post by cs89 »

What a great timing, today's my 30th birthday and I played this Doom mod since more than 1 year last time.
I love that this mod gets more content with every major update. :wub: (No Homo)
I will start playing HXRTC Project with a full-length mega wad.
Last edited by cs89 on Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hexereticdoom

Re: HXRTC Project Golden Edition (Updated 23 oct 2019)

Post by Hexereticdoom »

cs89 wrote:What a great timing, today's my 30th birthday and I played this Doom mod since more than 1 year last time.
I love that this mod gets more content with every major update. :wub: (No Homo)
I will start playing HXRTC Project with a full-lenght mega wad.
Cool, I hope you had a very happy birthday, and also hope you have fun with the mod! :thumb:

By the way, I announce that I have reuploaded today the most recent file release as a quick hotfix, due to a last-minute detected minor problem. This hotfix just corrects an accidental mistype found in MONSTERS Decorate lump that was provoking the Electric Slug to not execute correctly its Dropitem sequence when defeated.

Updating your mod copies is highly recommended, please check the first post for up-to-date download links.

Have a nice Doomsday, everyone! 8-)
LowEndPCGamer100

Post by LowEndPCGamer100 »

hate to be a copy cat, but its my birthday today lol, anyways thanks for the great work as usual, im currently checking out "The Ultimate Doom II" with this mod and im enjoying it as usual.
Morgul
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Morgul »

I enjoy this project, but I could enjoy even more if there wasn't all those non-serious stuff in it... it really takes me out of the immersion/concentration
Is there an add-on or a version without the non serious stuff in it ?
Thanks
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Well, you got to be more specific about what is serious and what isn't.

Some people think those megaspheres which grant 600HP are silly, some think the guns aren't serious at all... with a bit of decorate skills you can edit the file too.
Morgul
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Morgul »

GAA1992 wrote:Well, you got to be more specific about what is serious and what isn't.

Some people think those megaspheres which grant 600HP are silly, some think the guns aren't serious at all... with a bit of decorate skills you can edit the file too.
Fried fries, soda bottles... all this stuff
The weapons are over the top in a funny way, but they're still weapons that shoot deadly plasma, fire, and real killing projectiles, so it's not non serious
Hexereticdoom

Re: HXRTC Project Golden Edition (Updated 12 nov 2019)

Post by Hexereticdoom »

Buckethell II wrote:I enjoy this project, but I could enjoy even more if there wasn't all those non-serious stuff in it... it really takes me out of the immersion/concentration
Is there an add-on or a version without the non serious stuff in it ?
Thanks
GAA1992 wrote:Well, you got to be more specific about what is serious and what isn't.

Fried fries, soda bottles... all this stuff
The weapons are over the top in a funny way, but they're still weapons that shoot deadly plasma, fire, and real killing projectiles, so it's not non serious
Hello Buckethell II, I'm sorry to tell you there's not such addon or version at the moment, but as GAA1992 said before, you can modify yourself the main mod file with help of an editing tool (SLADE is your best option actually) and make your own mod version without all that unwanted features for your personal use... :wink:

By the way, some minutes ago I've uploaded a new release of the mod! Yeah Doomguys, the H-Project keeps growing and improving, even little by little but (almost) always on safe ground... I hope this new version may be liked by most of all of you!

What does it include this time? Well, to tell you the truth, apart from some relevant new features, there have been also a few cosmetic (and non-cosmetic) changes, trying to reinforce some still existent weak points of the mod and enhancing other already included properties. However, my work on some of these may be incomplete at the moment and of course, there still may be undiscovered bugs in some hidden corners of the mod; so for this reason, with your collaboration through bug reports you may find are totally welcome, so thanks in advance for your help dear Doomguys... :thumb:

OK, now let's go to the main list of changes, here you have it:
  • - A bunch of new horrendous enemies have arrived directly from Hell's capital! But don't worry, here is the usual brief report to know about them better:
    • + Firespit Imp: an ominous impie monster that uses a couple of small (but powerful) firecannons to attack its foes, instead of belching directly fireballs unlike most of its other relatives. If you have to confront it, better be careful: once it targets you it will keep shooting fast firebolts at you without rest, until you get out of its line of sight.
      + Swine Shrew: another of the numerous failed UAC genetic experiments, being the ostensible result of mixing the DNA of a rat and a pig (these crazy scientists really need to learn not to play unfairly with all poor animals!) and then using them as a kind of war dogs. Seriously, who in the world thought that equipping these spawns with plasma mini-cannons would be a good idea? :roll:
      + Swine Spectre: almost the same ones as descripted above, but provided with an extra camouflage layer. These slippery beasts can fire small plasma bolts at you and also could temporarily run around at high speed if they suffer some damage. They could become a big issue if they meet you in high numbers, but luckily this won't be the usual thing.
      + Caconeedles: a rather horrifying variant of the standard Cacodemons, it is easily recognizable by its long horns and its disgusting greenish colour. Special caution is recommended against this awful monster, since it is quite resistant to enemy attacks and can cause lots of damage with its fast-flying fireballs. Don't let your guard down in front of this thing!
      + Joker Imp: you'll really hate this evilish buffoon to death for sure. Although it does not natively possess monster-type attacks, instead it is equipped with a powerful shotgun, and can cause as much damage (or even more) than even all former human monsters. Its crazy laughs prove that this enemy doesn't take you seriously; even if it is injured by your attacks, it can take its time to make fun of you, honking and laughing in your face despicably... :grr:
      + Minicubus: also called by some people 'Junior Mancubus', it is a younger form of the well-known 'Fatso' enemy. It has a fearful nature and still doesn't have the potential of its adult form, but on the other hand it moves a little faster than standard Mancubi and it is equipped with a single Fire Cannon, instead of the usual two in these kind of monsters. Don't underestimate it, or you could end up becoming a human BBQ in less than a jiffy.
      + Carnageptile: a quite huge and strong beast which resembles a giant, anthropomorphic dark lizard equipped with a big metal armour. Due to its characteristics, this monstrosity could be considered a Big Boss (although actually it is just a Mini-Boss) because it lacks little to be almost as dangerous as a Cyberdemon or one of its relatives. So be very careful; this tanking thing is extremely aggressive and capable of spitting a bunch of large fireballs that cause serious damage when hitting its victim(s). (NOTE: This enemy replaces the recently featured Big Mecha-Demon, which was in fact a temporary placeholder until finding some better sprites; at the same time it also has allowed me to make an improved version of this monster, with which I wasn't too satisfied at first. By the way, most of its previous sound effects have been kept unchanged).
    - Introduced a few important changes in some melee weapons, for improving them significantly and making them this way a bit more important than before:
    • - The old Hatchet has been replaced by the new Big Axe (which has quite improved sprites that give to player a greater sense of attack strength, compared to the previous Hatchet ones. Furthermore, now in secondary fire mode (Charge Attack) this melee weapon is fully visible while holding the button, including a bobbing effect while player walks or runs around. On the other hand, the weapon power attack remains untouched so as not to overpowering it, although the speed between attack executions has been slightly improved. And some good news: its price in the Trade Shop Droids market remains untouched, so it's still cheap and easy to get one of them). =:)
      - The Knife is from now a throwing weapon, so this allows you to use it the same way as the Knife Thrower female scientists use them against you. Use the primary fire to throw a knife at your enemies (TIP: a single thrown knife makes ripper damage to a single enemy, or to several enemies in a row) and use secondary fire to perform quick melee slashes against nearest enemies or things (NOTE: the old secondary fire mode -Stab Attack- has been removed; it was quite limited and not too effective anyway). You won't lose the ability of throwing knives as long as you conserve the main Knife weapon, so you can throw as many as you want! Also let me give you a final advice: avoid at all costs using your thrown knives against stone monsters, you'll get much better results with the Big Axe, Fast Kick movement (plus Berserk state for easier Instant-KOs) or if you have them, your most powerful freezer weapons!
    - Available some extra Doom Dolls as a prize from big Mistery Boxes (obtainable from Big Boss enemy types) whose value in money varies, depending on those you find and how common they are. Sorted from lowest to highest value: Gunner Doll, Shotgunner Doll, Imp Doll, Rifleman Doll and Devil Imp Doll! (NOTE: the good old Doomguy Doll keeps being available at the same value, but it may be a bit harder to find from now).

- Boss Brain's monster spawning Cubes have now an alternative, more mystical and devilish appearance to distinguish them more from the standard Guardian Cubes. Also, their monster spawning action has visually improved: each time they release a new foe, an alternate SpawnFire is generated and a flat spinning Pentagram will be shown at generated monster's feet. (Inspired and some code borrowed from Jekyll Grim Payne's Beautiful Doom mod, which by the way is a really cool mod too!) :yup:

- Gross Gooey and Gross Spectre's native defense has been reduced by 12.5% approximately (you'll have noticed that these enemies have low health, but they are very resistant against most attack types; so for balance reasons I've decided to nerfe their resistance for not make them too hard enemies).

- Fixed an issue related to Flux Wave Cannon's ripper-wave projectiles, which due to certain introduced changes into some recent GZDoom 4.2.x releases they had completely lost their ripping properties (that is, they behaved as if ALL the enemies of the game were made of stone). Yeah, an unwanted effect that could ruin the fun when using this weapon. But at least now the issue is solved!) :)

- Updated the internal HXRTC HUD for compatibility with new Big Axe weapon and Knife's new behaviour.

- Several code optimizations, minor changes and bugfixes.
That's almost all for now! Sorry if I forgot something important to mention, sometimes it happens... As usual, you can get your mod copies through updated download links at first post!

I wish you keep having lots of fun! Have a nice Doomsday, everyone! 8-)
Hexereticdoom

Re: HXRTC Project Golden Edition (Updated 17 nov 2019)

Post by Hexereticdoom »

Hi again guys, I make a thread bump for announcing a very important hotfix release of the HXRTC mod. :!:

In the wake of a map-breaking issue I encountered a few days ago while playing the mod in seventh map of Community Chest 2 megawad (which I thought first that was a map compatibility issue) I made a report in this thread and as you can read there, the lead GZDoom developer Graf Zahl confirmed me that the problem was related with the flying (floating) enemies replacing the Arachnotron basic class, in this case the Arachnorbs, because they are not affected by scrolling floors and consequently are not able to teleport normally to the player's ambush zone.

So then, for fixing this annoying problem and avoiding possible additional map-breaking issues with other megawads that forces you to cheat with GZDoom console commands, I have updated the mod in a manner that this can't happen anymore (at least I hope so).

This is the list of the latest introduced changes:
  • - Moved the Arachnorb enemy from Arachnotron-monster type Randomspawner group to Pain Elemental-monster type Randomspawner group, and removed all its A_BossDeath decorate functions, so this foe won't need to be a MAP07 mini-boss anymore. From now, its place will be occupied by a new introduced enemy: the Arachno-Cacodemon (a non-floating fusion of these known evil monsters, but even more aggresive than the standard Cacos, you'll check it soon with your own eyes).
    - Added another minor enemy, spawnable within the Lost Soul-monster type Randomspawner group: the Spy Drone (a small surveillance device with fast speed and enough power to take care itself from those intruders accesing to restricted areas; you'll need to have good aim to turn these flying things into scrap metal).
    - Other minor tweaks and code updatings.
Getting your up-to-date mod copies is highly recommended! Please access to first post for the latest download links as usual.

Bye for now, keep having fun everyone... 8-)
Mister Neauxbauxdeay

Re: HXRTC Project Golden Edition (Updated 17 nov 2019)

Post by Mister Neauxbauxdeay »

Even though you included your own version of Nashblood with the mod, I've found that the Vengeance Edition also works fine, so long as Ice Effects are disabled (since leaving them enabled would replace your intended "damaging ice shards on breaking a frozen enemy" thing with a harmless shattering). If there are any other issues between HXRTC and Nashgore VE, I have yet to see them in any of my play testing.
Hexereticdoom

Re: HXRTC Project Golden Edition (Updated 19 nov 2019)

Post by Hexereticdoom »

Mister Neauxbauxdeay wrote:Even though you included your own version of Nashblood with the mod, I've found that the Vengeance Edition also works fine, so long as Ice Effects are disabled (since leaving them enabled would replace your intended "damaging ice shards on breaking a frozen enemy" thing with a harmless shattering). If there are any other issues between HXRTC and Nashgore VE, I have yet to see them in any of my play testing.
Yes, as you say there are some settings included in Nashgore VE that may change the behaviour of some things of the mod, or even alter them with some wrong and/or unexpected results, so it's advisable to use only those settings that do not cause strange things.

On the other hand, seems that current version of Nashgore VE addon has some instability problems, because for an unknown reason when I was using it on various games, it used to provoke several GZDoom crashes at random places, that is, sometimes it crashed and sometimes it didn't. And since I stopped using it, I haven't had any random crash again. Curious, isn't it? So I had to use my own version instead, which to date has not caused me any issues. It may be a GZDoom's current version incompatibility, or something related to my laptop, or not, I really don't know... Anyway, I hope Nash can get an update of the addon whenever it's possible to fix whatever thing(s) that makes the Doom games unstable...

By the way, I announce (again) that I've seen myself forced to upload another hotfix for the mod. Seems that there was still some uncomplete Decorate code things on latest release, and by mistake I didn't fill in them up properly. My fault. How right is that phrase that says rushing is not good... :oops: :bang:

This small update fixes, better said, brings all those pieces of code that were wrong and/or missing on previous version. And as a small compensation, I've included an extra new enemy: the Blazemander (a very close relative of the recently featured Carnageptile, almost as strong as this one, although it still doesn't overcome its strength and its aggressiveness).

Please get your updated downloads at first post as soon as possible. And yup, I seriously hope that no more hotfixes are needed over the next few days. Don't wanna like being a real bore... :melancholy:

Keep having fun as usual my dear Doomguys! 8-)
LowEndPCGamer100

Re: HXRTC Project Golden Edition (Updated 19 nov 2019)

Post by LowEndPCGamer100 »

just wanna say i love all the recent updates! as always, great job!
Hexereticdoom

Re: HXRTC Project Golden Edition (Updated 7 dec 2019)

Post by Hexereticdoom »

Hi there Doom mates, how is it going? B-)

After several days of pretty hard work and intensive SLADE sessions, I'm announcing you that a new release of the mod is up! And although this one doesn't incorporate too much new things, it comes with an important new major feature that is gonna change significantly your gameplay experience in the mod (not talking about internal EXP system, but from your own one) plus some new graphic improvements still not included in previous versions!

But this will be better explained and with more detail in changelog list... Without further delay, here I leave it:
  • - A new weapon is available to further increase your already generous arsenal: the Y-Mauser! This interesting toy -despiting its compact size- hides much more potential than one would expect, it's capable of shooting fast plasma rays with a pretty high trigger speed in normal mode (primary fire); and also it can release almost instantly a fully loaded plasmatic charge in its extended mode (secondary fire), although it needs a little time space to recharge and shoot again. If you still have pressed the trigger in this mode, the weapon will continue firing plasma rays as in normal mode, although with lower firing speed. Keep this in mind so you don't get caught by surprise in your most critical monster battles! As an additional note, this is a clip-based weapon that allows you to shoot up to 60 rounds without reloading; but once you get a Backpack or Super Backpack, you'll obtain a bonus extended magazine which will allow you to shoot up to 90 rounds! Cool, isn't it? :wink:

- From now on, there is a new death mode that is added to the existing extreme, fire or ice deaths, and it can affect most of enemies and also the player himself. Yes guys, I'm talking about the Disintegration Death! And how in hell can that death type be executed, will you be wondering? Pretty easy: from this moment, most of the high powered plasma-based projectiles of the entire game (including your own weapon ones like Pulse Rifles and BFGs, plus several enemy ones) can cause this kind of death. And hell yeah, it is a quite scary and spectacular death, by the way. As been said before, the vast majority of your foes are subject to death by disintegration, except for the Big Bosses (you know, Cyberdemons, S-Masterminds and all their derivatives) and some exclusive minion-class enemies, which still retain their unique special death. (IMPORTANT NOTE: The same way like fire deaths and/or ice deaths, the Disintegration Death has a small inconvenience; all the defeated enemies will still execute their standard Dropitem sequence, but they won't be able to spawn any wealth items like Coins or Gems, so from now on if you plan to keep increasing your pocket funds, it shall be better to use another weapon types -like your normal pistols, shotguns, rifles or chainguns- that don't use very powerful plasma-base projectiles. Yeah, from now on it won't be so easy to get rich just using ultimate weapons like crazy, so you'll have to use different tactics depending on the game situation in which you are!) :whip:

- In this release, various enemy projectiles have been revised and optimized graphically -including some trail effects in those who previously didn't have this feature- to make them more startling and less classic than before. At the same time, several code redundances and minor useless things have been fixed and/or eliminated, and certain Decorate actors not working optimally -like the Fallen, Zombie Tanks and some other ones from Realm667 website- have also been revised and fixed conveniently.

- Updated the internal HUD for compatibility with the new Y-Mauser weapon.

- Some other minor code tweaks and optimizations.
I sincerely hope you like this new release! And don't forget, if you encounter any bug or issue in the mod that overshadows your gaming experience, please report it and I'll check and fix it in ASAP.

Updated download links awaiting for you at first post as usual. Take care my friends, and I wish you happy winter holidays to everyone! :joker:
Hexereticdoom

Re: HXRTC Project Golden Edition Plus R1 (Updated 19 dec 201

Post by Hexereticdoom »

Hello again Doomguys, just announcing that a new update of the mod is available for download. :idea:

Sorry to say this but in these precise moments I can't explain the new things of this update, since I am typing on my mobile phone and it's not too comfortable for me, as soon as I have access to my laptop I will tell you everything more about it thoroughly. Please be patient, I'll edit this post soon, meanwhile you can access at the first post to get your updated mod file, which you will note it includes more content than usual. More details and further explaining within a few hours. Bye-bye for now dudes!

OK mates, I'm already on my laptop, so it's time to explain the changes made in this recent release through the usual changelog list:
  • - Added a new dangerous enemy: the Meanguard Zolom. As its name may suggest you something really threatening (specially if you have played a certain world-famous RPG game :3: ) this serpent creature is not just an ordinary monster, although it may seem so. It has a large size (but not too huge) and is able to spit a very corrosive poison type at a quite long range, also it will become much more aggresive the more injured it is by your attacks. If you decide to fight it hand-to-hand, be extremely careful since it will sprinkle you with a gaseous poison puff. Keep in mind that this is a venom-nature foe, so forget at all using any poison weapon against it, because it will be completely useless.

- Some more beautification tasks have been performed in the mod: added a few projectile trails to some who still lacked it, like the Hot Coal Cauldron and Mini Volcano fireballs. Also, the Revenant missiles (seeker and non-seeker ones) have an improved smoke trail different from classic Doom Bulletpuff one. Last, but not least, the teleporting fogs have been improved with nice particle effects, so they are now cooler than ever! :)

- Fixed an unwanted behavior present in previous release, which was preventing the Tech Lamps to spawn correctly their spark particles when got broken by player or enemy attacks. A similar case was affecting to the Multi-Elemental Cannon's rockets, that sometimes won't generate explosion particles when impacting with any object or surface. Both issues are corrected now!

- Added some new decoration gore elements: Hanged Revenant, Hanged CyberDemon and Hanged Rocket Arm. It was about time for some of these evil hellspawns to pay for their sins, don't you think so? :grr:

- Some minor tweaks and bugfixes.
Additionally, the H-Project compressed ZIP file includes now a small collection of external addons that give some extra interesting features in the mod gameplay and a few GZDoom patches that bring some improvements for the original classic Doom, Final Doom, Heretic & Hexen WADs, plus for some well-known custom megawads. (This replaces the old previous Optional Addons Pack which has become a bit obsolete and is not available to download anymore; some addons have been kept in file, other ones have been added, replaced and/or removed for compatibility reasons). Most of these custom addons and patches have been originally created by several users; at the same time most of them are distributed as-is, without any modification (or almost none) and it's guaranteed that they're 100% compatible with the H-Project mod. For more further details, check the text files included in the ZIP's Addons and Patches respective folders.

That's all for now, more or less. Hope you keep enjoying with the mod... Happy Christmas holidays for everyone, guys! :cheers: 8-)

Return to “Gameplay Mods”