HXRTC Project Golden Edition Plus R15 (1 Apr 2024)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
CasualChris

Re: HXRTC Project v4.8u1 (UPDATED 1 feb 2017)

Post by CasualChris »

Hexereticdoom wrote: Yeah, that's it. Must be another temp bug or glitch for sure, perhaps it's already fixed while I'm writing this...
I just did a quick check of the 2/12/17 Git build. It's been fixed. ;-)
Agitatio
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Agitatio »

Gotta be honest, don't really like the sniper rifle sprite. Wish it was centered just like all other weapons.
CasualChris

Post by CasualChris »

Grigori wrote: Gotta be honest, don't really like the sniper rifle sprite. Wish it was centered just like all other weapons.
I certainly agree. Having a weapon's sprite be to the side rather than front and center can be off-putting, especially for people who prefer to play without a crosshair. It also sort of clashes with all(?) of the other weapons in this mod being in the center.
Mister Neauxbauxdeay

Post by Mister Neauxbauxdeay »

CasualChris wrote: I certainly agree. Having a weapon's sprite be to the side rather than front and center can be off-putting, especially for people who prefer to play without a crosshair. It also sort of clashes with all(?) of the other weapons in this mod being in the center.
The revenant missile launchers, reaper ray guns, and dual-wielded firearms are not centered in this mod. That aside, I understand the point with the sniper rifle, seeing that this weapon has no dual wield mode, yet still appears off to the left side of the screen when in use.
CasualChris

Post by CasualChris »

Mister Neauxbauxdeay wrote: The revenant missile launchers, reaper ray guns, and dual-wielded firearms are not centered in this mod. That aside, I understand the point with the sniper rifle, seeing that this weapon has no dual wield mode, yet still appears off to the left side of the screen when in use.
Yeah, I see what you're getting at. The dual launchers/dual-wielding modes could be considered a different case, because with those, the empty space in between the weapons can serve as the aiming guide.
Hexereticdoom

Re: HXRTC Project v4.8u1 (Version 5.0 is on the way!!!)

Post by Hexereticdoom »

Probably you all are right guys. In fact, at first I was not 100% satisfied with the actual M24 sprites, so i thought about it several times before including it finally in the mod. And due to the lack of suitable alternate, more centered sprites that were including a 'reload' animation, at the end I included it as is it actually. Yeah, not an ideal solution, but best that than nothing, I supposed. But for now I'm still searching actively for those possible alternate-center sprites, so do not discard a future change for it.

And by the way, if you're asking about it, the v5.0 release is almost complete! I've been working all these weeks like a beast (yeah, seriously :P) for getting it ready around these days, and now its just around the corner! There are still a couple of things remaining, some minor retouches and it soon it will be ready to be uploaded, just wait a few hours... :wink:
CasualChris

Post by CasualChris »

Exciting to hear! Take your time.
Last edited by CasualChris on Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
leodoom85

Post by leodoom85 »

Take your time man and good luck for what's left of those minor touches :P
Hexereticdoom

Re: HXRTC Project v5.0 (UPDATED 24 feb 2017)

Post by Hexereticdoom »

Hi again guys! So then, as I promised to you, now the pretty-long awaited v5.0 of the H-Project is available for downloading. As you imagine, this is a new major release, and of course it is fully loaded with plenty new and cool features: more enemies, more weapons, some more items available, some improvements, optimizations and yeah, lots of bugfixings! You may note at first sight there are not too much aesthetic changes, in fact there are several things that still remain unchanged respect from v4.x, 'cause most of the above mentioned improvements are rather at an internal level, but what really matters is that they are there. But OK, I'll stop talking about less important things, and now let's get down to real business...

The changelog is gonna be a bit more detailed (and neater, I hope) than the previous ones I did, so pay attention to it to discover most of new features present in this fresh-from-the-oven release:

- A huge new batch of hazardous hellspawns has come as reinforcement for the already existing ones (as if there were still not enough :P) and all of them are impatient to kick your nice butt and make you bite the dust (tu-du-dunnn, dunnn, dunnn...) :mrgreen:

OK, OK, no more jokes, here's the full list of them:
  • - Double Gunner: starting a bit strong, this new zombie guy starts with two pistols instead of one, so beware with him.
    - Carabineer: this rude blue-jacket dude is armed with a Demonkiller Carbine, which can be yours if you have some luck.
    - Needle Gunner: Now these are bigger words, a dangerous guy armed with a Needle Buster. Take cover of him or he will melt you easily!
    - Phoenix Imp: a pretty fearsome creature, if you achieve killing it there are a 50% chance it comes back to life in its undead shape.
    - Risen Phoenix Imp: the undead shape of the Phoenix Imp. Its big-seeking fireballs are even more dangerous than those of its living counterpart.
    - Muddy Monster: a gruesome and sticky clay humanoid who likes to throw mud balls to anyone. It is invulnerable to electric attacks.
    - Muddy Spectre: same as the above one, but in spectral version. Kill it as fast you can and maybe you'll see the light of a new day.
    - Hades Alpha: a dark and very dangerous Cacodemon familiar creature, it will be better for you not underestimate it under any circumstances!
    - Hades Sphere: spawned by Hades creatures to distract and underwhelm their foes. It resembles someway like a big floating red heart.
    - Flesh Spawn: a floating meatball with sharp-edged leech teeth. A nuisance-enemy able to attack at long range, so take care and dispatch it quickly.
    - Punish Elemental: this multi-eyed hellspawn attacks summoning hordes of bats and hard-to-dodge projectiles. As its name says, a real punishment!
    - Spark Skeleton: a raw-boned creature with the power of lightning. Fast and slippery, but luckily not too resistant. Avoid its electric sparks!
    - Sewer Slug: a toxic, close relative of the known Frosty Slug. It can shoot venom rockets or sprinkle poison powder to its opponents.
    - Arachno-Knight: very similar to its big brother, the Arachno-Baron. A bit weaker but still quite dangerous, so don't trust yourself too much!
    - Armageddon (Cybie boss type): a huge, stronger, faster and smarter evolved form of standard Mancubi. Its plasma-based attacks can be a real nightmare.
    - Hades Omega (SM boss type): if you thought Hades Alpha was hard, prepare to confront with its fully-grown adult form. It is said that its terrible big powers can destroy an entire army of tanks, and also no one has ever been able to defeat it.
- Too many enemies? Don't worry, the HXRTC Marine has now some more new weapons to acquire and this way increasing its already plentiful arsenal. Let's take a peek at them:
  • - Light Machinegun: a pretty useful automatic weapon, not as powerful as the bigger chainguns or even the MP40, but its advantage consists in using the same bullets like the Colt 1911 and its auto-feeding cartridge belt, which saves manual recharge work. Its secondary fire is a rapid three-shots burst.
    - Demonkiller Carbine: a big rifle-like weapon with a sharp bayonet hooked on the tip of the barrel. Quite powerful at long range, but also can be used as a melee weapon thanks to its harmful bayonet. It uses rifle ammo to work, and its ammunition clip can be extended when you pick up a Backpack.
    - Multi-Elemental Cannon: now we get to the bottom of the matter! Another experimental, marvel weapon that the UAC labs were retaining for themselves; this big digital rocket-launcher machine has the particularity to have a total of five projectile firemodes based on natural elements. Sounds strange, right? But with help of last known advanced technologies, this toy can shoot fire-based rockets, also icy rockets, or even electric, stoney and poisonous rockets! It's like to have five different weapons in one. Once you achieve it, no enemy will resist you. Yeah yes, you'll love it for sure! (For switching between shooting modes, you'll only have to use the AltFire key).
    - Acid Arbalest: a rare, magical and poison-arrowed crossbow, close sister of the old known Chiller Crossbow. A powerful and interesting special monster weapon, however this one can be very tricky to find. It can be obtainable from most venom-based enemies or Mistery Boxes, but anyway it could be even more rare than the Toxic Wand! If you get one, you can consider yourself a really lucky player! ;)
- Several ammunition types have increased considerably their maximum capacity:
  • - Colt 1911 & Light Machinegun: 240 to 400 ammo units (480 to 800 with Backpack);
    - Combat Rifles, M24 Sniper Rifle & Demonkiller Carbine: 400 to 500 ammo units (800 to 1000 with Backpack);
    - Saturn-V & Multi-Elemental Cannon: 120 to 150 ammo units (240 to 300 with Backpack);
    - Saw Thrower: 100 to 120 ammo units (200 to 240 with Backpack);
    - Chiller Crossbow & Chilly Ice Bombard: 180 to 200 ammo units (360 to 400 with Backpack);
    - P.D. Blowgun, UAC Ch. Spray, E.W. Shield, Toxic Wand & Acid Arbalest: 200 to 240 ammo units (400 to 480 with Backpack);
    - Hand Grenades: 25 to 30 ammo units (50 to 60 with Backpack);
    - Land Mines: 20 to 25 ammo units (40 to 50 with Backpack).
- New ammo pickup items available, it can be spawned randomly and everywhere:
  • - Small kit of Bullet Cartridges (contains 2 bullet cartridges, it will give you 20 ammo units);
    - Box of Rifle Ammo (contains 3 Rifle magazines, can give you 90 ammo units);
    - Pile of Rockets (picking it up will grant you a total of three rockets).
- New One Key Auto-Save function: don't spend any more time browsing in the Doom's Savegame menu having to choose a slot and giving it a custom title! With this new function included in the mod, now you will instantly save your game pressing just the 'O' key (re-bindable on GZDoom's Player Control menu) so this way you just take a 'snapshot' of your current game and continue playing without messages or delays! (This new feature uses the internal Autosave slots, so it may be advisable you increase the default limit number of Autosaves through Miscellaneous Options menu).

- Smart PDA functionality changed: due to introduction of One Key Auto-Save function, instead of instantly saving your game when picking up the Smart PDA, now it can be stored on your inventory items list. When used, it will act like a Mega-Computer Area Map, but with the advantage that it can be activated on-demand at any map level you want to use it. Perfect for discovering all those ultra-hidden secret areas! :ninja:

- The Boss Brain (also known as Oremor NhoJ) has learned now a new and diabolical tactic: instead of spawning everywhere common monsters, he can materialize with his floating skullboxes some big, infernal Time Bombs. There are two types of them: blue ones explode violently after some undefined seconds, and red ones will also spawn some flames after they auto-detonate. Better stay back from them, or instead shoot them at long range if there are too much cluttering in the map. Those timed bombs are also pushable, so if you're not careful you could take a unpleasant surprise! :!:

- Boss Brain's pain and death states improved with some scenery flashes; now you'll see more clearly if your attacks hit the target apart from the typical growling Boss Brain sound effects (in most cases; perhaps in some custom WADs may be not noticeable).

- Some tiny-sized ice, stone and fire particles can be now spawned from some weapons or enemies (but they're also less damaging).

- Recolored Auto Shotgun and Heavy Chaingun sprites: first one now features a nice blue-sky colour skin, and second one has a new dark copper-metalized colour (also includes the new firing sprite frames sent by GAA1992 a few weeks ago, thanks again a lot for your contribution man!) :)

- Mod's PK7 file size considerably reduced through maximum compressing of OGG Vorbis sounds with the help of Audacity 2.1.2.

- Added some customized texts for Quit Messages, updated and more in line with the present days (well, at least I tried it :P).

- Updated the HUD for compatibility with all new weapons. Additionally, the inventory bar now matchs with the HUD graphic style! (By the way, the HXRTC Map Marks v1 addon is not necessary anymore, now the automap styled numbers are already included in the mod).

- Some other several improvements, code optimizations and small bugfixes.

Phew... I think I haven't forget anything, but if so, please excuse me. Also to say, although I have made some heavy testings, there is also still some possibilities that there remain some bugs to polish, due to the high number of new features. So if you find some of them, don't hesitate to report them as usual, that will allow me to fix them ASAP as you'll know...

For now that's all guys, hope you enjoy this new big update and keep having lots of fun! Have a nice Doomsday, everyone! 8-)
Mister Neauxbauxdeay

Are the shots from the Demonkiller Carbine supposed to do less damage than those of the combat rifle? So far, I'm finding it takes me about twice as long to take down a foe with the carbine than with a single cr, unless I use the bayonet attachment.
leodoom85

Post by leodoom85 »

HOLY SHIT...that's a HUGE amount of new features. I'll download this right now
Spaceman333

Post by Spaceman333 »

Another GIGANTIC update! Its like christmas never ended! Thank you and I'mma download this now!
CasualChris

Post by CasualChris »

Thanks for keeping this mod alive! :)
Pokky

Post by Pokky »

Nice update, really liked the new monsters especially the spark skeleton. :D

The multi-elemental cannon is really interesting but also needs a boost desperately in the splash radius and damage department. Tried to like it but it feels rather weak at the moment.

The demonkiller carbine's shot damage is weak as well. the big recoil implying that it will deal heavy damage but it's not.

Btw, the ability to use auto save immediately is genius. :thumb:
Mister Neauxbauxdeay

BTW, the bayonet on the carbine is a real beast when enhanced by berserk: it can kill a baron equivalent foe with at most 3 hits when in this state!

Return to “Gameplay Mods”