HXRTC PROJECT UPDATED WEAPONS SHOWCASE (Golden Edition video weapon test by Xenolix):
HXRTC PROJECT WEAPONS SHOWCASE (OLDER) (Golden Edition video weapon test by AbsoluteN7):
25 YEARS OF DOOM WITH HXRTC PROJECT (Golden Edition video gameplay by LeoDoom85):
HXRTC PROJECT DOOM MOD MADNESS (Final Edition video review by ICARUSLIV3S):
IMPORTANT: THIS MOD REQUIRES AT LEAST GZDOOM 4.X.X (OR LATEST RELEASES OF LZDOOM/QZDOOM) TO WORK PROPERLY. OLDER VERSIONS OF GZDOOM/LZDOOM/QZDOOM AND/OR OTHER SOURCEPORTS LIKE ZANDRONUM ARE NOT SUPPORTED.
HXRTC Project Golden Edition Plus compressed ZIP file includes the following content:
- - HXRTC Project Golden Edition: this is the main file that contains all and each one of the basic things to play, including a special version of the HXRTC HUD.
- JPHUD HealthBar v3.2.1: an optional but useful addon that allows to see the HP enemies you aim with your weapon. (Created originally by JPalomo; check his MODDB addon page for extra info).
- JP Special Powers 3-in-1 v1.2: another optional addon that gives the player some special abilities like using a Grappling Hook for climbing unreachable heights or overcoming deep chasms, or being able to use a Double Jump and/or a Hovering effect for floating briefly in the air. (Also originally created by JPalomo; see this ZDoom forum thread for more info about it). [WARNING: THIS ADDON IS NOT COMPATIBLE WITH REVISION 9, SO IT WON'T BE SUPPLIED ANYMORE WITHIN DOWNLOAD ZIP FILE].
- HXRTC No Smoke SFX v1: a small addon for disabling several smoke cloud effects in the mod; if your computer is a bit old and/or slow, you may try this one for increasing the global performance of the game. (Not necessary at all on most modern-hardware machines).
- HXRTC Project Classic Cursors: another small addon that will allow you to use the older knife-shape mouse cursor included in H-Project Final Edition, in case you don't like or get bored of the gold Lost Soul one.
- HXRTC No Renegade Ambush: yet another small addon whose function is disabling the appearance of Renegade Marines that teleport near you randomly when killing certain enemies. If you find the mod too hard for this reason and/or you are not too experienced in the game, load this file and your way will be completely free from these turncoat guys... except for all other common enemies, of course. (WARNING: this addon will have no effect with those Renegade Marines -or some special scripted Marines- that are already preset or defined on some rare level maps).
- Footsteps v4: with this nice addon you'll be able to hear your own footstep sounds when walking or running, either on solid floors or liquid/viscous surfaces. (Credits for The Zombie Killer, the original author).
Most of these custom addons and patches have been originally created by several users; at the same time most of them are distributed as-is, without any modification (or almost none) and it's guaranteed that they're 100% compatible with the H-Project mod. For more further details, check the text files included in the ZIP's Addons and Patches respective folders.
The HXRTC Project is an addon for exclusive use with Doom & Doom II games, that means it won't work correctly with Heretic, Hexen or Strife games. However, it's fully compatible with many classic custom Doom megawads that don't alter the gameplay, monsters and/or weapons in a critic way. (For example, megawads using special definitions through DEHACKED lumps, unless a patch for them is created). You'll be able to play with HXRTC Project addon with megawads like Alien Vendetta, Community Chest series, Hell Revealed, Icarus, Memento Mori, Scythe, etc. Also you can use it with some auto-generated wads or megawads by Oblige or Obhack tools, so the fun can be almost endless!
If you don't have the required Doom or Doom II wad files to run this mod, alternatively you can download the FreeDoom Phase 1 & Phase 2 wads and still enjoy all your favorite megawads. Yes, the HXRTC Project is also compatible with FreeDoom! You can get the latest wad releases from the following website:
WHAT CAN BE EXACTLY FOUND HERE?
Well, as presumably and like many other existing mods, it adds plenty new things and features respect from the classic Doom. In fact, it has a huge bunch of new monsters (more than 200 different enemies actually, taken from several sources and customized specially for the mod), a large weapons arsenal (more than 50, including dual-wield modes) with also plenty of new items and new ammo types, and some exclusive abilities (in this mod the player has a bit more walk/run speed, can jump higher, has more health and armor capacity, and can enter in a 'rage-stage' if receives enough damage from enemies, doubling this way his attack power). Furthermore the monsters, weapons, ammo and items are totally randomized from one game to another, making player progress easier or tougher depending on map conditions and/or his luck.
In general terms, monsters are a bit harder in this mod than in classic Doom, but also the player weapons are quite more powerful than classic ones. Player starting weapon is a special pistol named Z-Gun, which has infinite ammo, but it's globally weaker than the rest of weapons, so like in Hexen game, it's better using it at first on weak enemies and save collected ammo for harder foes in latter levels. Also, some monsters have some special resistances depending of their nature elements (fire, ice, electric, stone or poison) so also some weapons can be less effective versus them than other ones. (More details in the mod's Help Screen!)
Killed enemies can drop (apart from weapons, ammo and/or items) coins and special treasures, which can be collected for increasing player's funds with the possibility of investing them buying some basic elements from Trade Shop Droids (special units spawned randomly in levels) like weapons, ammo & health refills, armors, special items, etc. There is also the possibility of meeting some special powerful allies to help you killing enemy hordes. Big bosses (Cybies and SM types I mean) will release a special prize for defeating them, a Mistery Box that can hide a lot of precious items or a nasty surprise, depending of your luck.
So well, all those features (and some more not detailed here) can be encountered in the mod, so if you're curious and want to discover yourself the rest of them, I recommend to download it and play it. Hope it will be a good and fun Doom experience for you!
IMPORTANT NOTE: If you're experiencing some problems executing HXRTC Project addon with your current GZDoom or LZDoom version, please check for a more recent version in their webpages, development versions are often recommended:
HOT TIP: If you are a GZDoom user and you own a good/newer computer, you should load also the LIGHTS.PK3 and BRIGHTMAPS.PK3 files provided in GZDoom's main folder for a better experience in game. For example, HXRTC Project includes a lot of new dynamic light definitions, but if you don't load the basic LIGHTS.PK3 within the mod, some of them may get missing. On the other hand, if your computer is quite old and/or slow, deactivating use of dynamic lights through GZDoom's options menu could be a good idea for increasing global game performance.
If you are using the JPHUD HealthBar for first time and having strange screen issues, you should go to GZDoom's Main Menu > Options > HUD Options > JP HealthBar Option and scale the health bar resolution conveniently to your actual screen size.
This Doom project has been created mainly from arranged & fixed versions of WEAPONS OF SATURN weapon mod and DOOM MONSTER RANDOMIZER monster mod, along with lots and lots of edited extra elements (most of them from Realm667 website) and some other additional random generators/spawners coded by me, for making your oddisey through Doom a bit different from one game to another.
By the way, the HXRTC Project has been created from multiple sources just and only for fun. So don't think bad, I'm absolutely not earning any money from it in any way, not even in the hosting and downloading file action. Just please enjoy and play, OK?
ABOUT THE HUD: From some versions ago, the HXRTC HUD for HXRTC Project is now fully integrated into the mod's main file, so it's no longer necessary loading it separately on GZDoom.
For showing the HUD correctly, you must set in Display Options a screensize of 11 and turn off the alternative HUD. On the other hand, if you find the size of the HXRTC HUD is too small, you should open GZDoom's HUD Scaling Options and tweak the Fullscreen HUD override option to the most suitable value for your computer (this can vary quite a lot depending on your current screen resolution, so try several values pressing Left or Right cursor arrows until you find the most appropriate setup for you).
CREDITS LIST (MAY BE INCOMPLETE):
Spoiler:GO TO DOWNLOAD SITE (MODDB)
Hope you have fun with the HXRTC Project mod. Enjoy and have a nice Doomsday!