Brutally TrailBlazer - Here some updates for you!

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Xanirus

Re: [Early] - Brutally TrailBlazer - Prepare to chop'on roll

Post by Xanirus »

I wouldn't really mind just having no limbs flying off at all if that makes it easier for now. Really the main reason I like this mod is because of the added difficulty from the monster attack patterns BD adds, the added gore is only a compliment. I know Trailblazer was meant to be an OP mod like Russian Overkill, but IMO it actually balances it out for someone who actually wanted to play Trailblazer fair game.
TheSkyBug

Post by TheSkyBug »

Ok, here's update.
New:
-Fixed corpses, that blocks elevators (But i don't sure, that this don't cause any bugs);
-Nerfed Cyberdemon and Mastermind;
-Now you have Fully immunity to fire (Imps can hurt you, don't worry (Because they trow plasma balls!));
-Demon rune now give you blazingsphere effect;
-Fixed disappearing of monsters;
-Fixed pinky's "Revenge from grave";
-Remove Growing blood pools (God, i hate them! And they blocks elevator too...);
-A little upped FPS with fire punch.
-Add credits file (Pillow, sorry again =( )
Have fun! Link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/4g17cptzy2vwn ... r.zip?dl=0

HOTFIX:
Now Mancubus can hurt you.
Also: immunyti to fire ONLY from burned monsters. BArrels with fire can easily melt you.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/4g17cptzy2vwn ... r.zip?dl=0
Xanirus

Post by Xanirus »

Squee!! :lol: Awesome. Working lifts again.

Out of curiosity, what was this "Revenge from grave" bug? I don't recall something like that happening.
TheSkyBug

Post by TheSkyBug »

Xanirus wrote:Squee!! :lol: Awesome. Working lifts again.

Out of curiosity, what was this "Revenge from grave" bug? I don't recall something like that happening.
Sometimes, after you blown up pinky's hand and when he must stand and bleed with face full of pain, he jump to his normal state and continue to attack you. But he can be killed as a pinky without hand and you will get Cruelthy Bonus. Now i think, i fix it.
TheSkyBug

Re: Brutally TrailBlazer - Here some update for you!

Post by TheSkyBug »

HOTFIX!!!!
(Hell yeah! I like hotfixes!)
-Pinkies no more block elevators (Dead or alive).
Link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/4g17cptzy2vwn ... r.zip?dl=0
Hellstorm Archon
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them

Re: Brutally TrailBlazer - Here some updates for you!

Post by Hellstorm Archon »

Max Dickings wrote:Also the new BD beta is out
*removed by request of Sarge_Mark_IV*

Have to say I like the new AR mechanics
Last edited by Hellstorm Archon on Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheSkyBug

Post by TheSkyBug »

Hellstorm Archon wrote:
Max Dickings wrote:Also the new BD beta is out
http://www.mediafire.com/download/nd84r ... 1-2015.zip

Have to say I like the new AR mechanics
Yes, i know about that, but i don't wont more to make this on beta versions of BDv20. When it will be released - i will make BT for him.
mumblemumble

Post by mumblemumble »

I know sergeant mark 4 isn't usually respected or brought up here, but he said for the march 21st version specifically to not re-upload, or use as a basis for another brutal doom edition. Just feel that is worth bringing up. (in other words wait for v20 release to mess around)
Xanirus

Post by Xanirus »

For what it's worth, Johnny seems to of "completely" squashed the lifts bug, instead of just most of the time. Via Johnny's Brutal Doom Thread:
ALSO, AND THIS IS BIG--------------
The gibs blocking lifts and the player not activating lift lines or whatever they're called bugs were actually a super simple fix this whole damn time. Go to demons.dec, find +ACTSLIKEBRIDGE, delete it. Done. THAT'S LITERALLY IT. And to think I spent three whole days trying to figure that shit out.
http://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f= ... &start=300
TheSkyBug

Post by TheSkyBug »

Xanirus wrote:For what it's worth, Johnny seems to of "completely" squashed the lifts bug, instead of just most of the time. Via Johnny's Brutal Doom Thread:
ALSO, AND THIS IS BIG--------------
The gibs blocking lifts and the player not activating lift lines or whatever they're called bugs were actually a super simple fix this whole damn time. Go to demons.dec, find +ACTSLIKEBRIDGE, delete it. Done. THAT'S LITERALLY IT. And to think I spent three whole days trying to figure that shit out.
http://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f= ... &start=300
Yes, i fixed it in this way.
Neccronixis

Post by Neccronixis »

Just a quick note about some potential bugs in this mod (or they could be hidden features, not sure):
- for some reason when playing this mod with maps such as MAP30 from TNT Evilution and many others from different level wads, the player slowly loses his/her health by increments of 1hp.
- trekking through water damages the player for some reason.
- playing this mod with scythe II on MAP20 - you'll see what I mean.
Xanirus

Post by Xanirus »

Neccronixis wrote:Just a quick note about some potential bugs in this mod (or they could be hidden features, not sure):
- for some reason when playing this mod with maps such as MAP30 from TNT Evilution and many others from different level wads, the player slowly loses his/her health by increments of 1hp.
I remember the water bit being a part of the questionable (at least from what I heard from others) code from the "Brutal" part of this mod. It's the water splashes. (Or do you mean maps that actually use water where you can swim up and down?) Johnny's Brutal Doom mentions this as a bug. (Look at Johnny's response to me in this thread page: http://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f= ... &start=270) However I just did a map that had you trekking through water (floor type) and I didn't take damage. Did you download the new updated version? I think the last version had this problem.

A bug I did find however is that the Sidekick seems to retain it's normal firing rate while under the Blazing effect. (Natural Blaze-effects via low health still works though.

Also Skybug, if you get around to this, can you tell me if this involves changing the Sidekick.txt Decorate, or the Blazing ACS? I've made some personal tweaks of the guns, so if you end up just having to change the ACS it means I can just copy and paste my own .txt Decorate edits, or just manually edit the pistol. (Yes, the bug is in the original version without my changes.)
Last edited by Xanirus on Sat Apr 04, 2015 3:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Neccronixis

Post by Neccronixis »

I am using the version of this mod from 20th March, I believe; the water bug occurs on the floor type water in this mod, but not in Johnny's Brutal Doom version. The other two glitches I mentioned also occur with Johnny's BD as well so there many be something inherently flawed with the code between these two mods.
Xanirus

Post by Xanirus »

Neccronixis wrote:I am using the version of this mod from 20th March, I believe; the water bug occurs on the floor type water in this mod, but not in Johnny's Brutal Doom version. The other two glitches I mentioned also occur with Johnny's BD as well so there many be something inherently flawed with the code between these two mods.
That's strange, as I'm getting the exact opposite, no damage from splashes from Trailblazer but bugs in Johnny...tested in MAP 02 of Doom2.wad. The water right in front already triggers it: stepping out of the water randomly hurts you.

I went ahead and tried MAP 20 of Scythe II with Brutal Trailblazer, and I can't seem to take any damage from the lava (harmless red water) in front of me, if that's what you're talking about. I haven't actually played Scythe II though, so I didn't know the full map.

Oddly enough though, (and yet somewhat creepily) what occurs on this map is also what happens on MAP 11 on the "Unholy Realms" megawad with Brutal Trailblazer, the wadset I was just playing. In both maps, you can clearly hear Romero's head screaming every few seconds as soon as the map starts, as if something is constantly attacking it. Whether or not the head is actually in these levels or not I don't know, but I'm pretty sure it is because the script to end the level happens.

The only reason I thought this was normal behavior the first time around is because in Unholy Realms, the map where this happens is called "Death" and the intermission text after talks about death being inevitable, would of been nice if you lived for once, blah blah. The next map then resets the player's inventory. I had thought it was a trick map for "shits and giggles" despite looking like an actual level in the beginning only to kill you off soon after. But since this is also happening in Scythe II, I don't know what to make of it. I tried to load up MAP 30 - Icon of Sin from classic Doom 2 where I know the head appears under normal circumstances, but it didn't happen there. Everything was normal.

I also tried MAP 30 of TNT.wad...I don't seem to be losing health like you said. :?
TheSkyBug

Post by TheSkyBug »

Neccronixis wrote:Just a quick note about some potential bugs in this mod (or they could be hidden features, not sure):
It's strange... Every this bug was fixed long long ago.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”