Brutal Wolfenstein 3D 6.0-"Confrontation" Update!

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
GamaG27
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Re: Brutal Wolfenstein 3d v5.1 released

Post by GamaG27 »

Hello again! thx for the fix
ZioMcCall

Post by ZioMcCall »

Big update for Brutal Wolfenstein.You can see what's new in the changelog menu at the front page.
PresBarackbar

Re: Brutal Wolfenstein 3D V5.8-A Dark Secret Update released!

Post by PresBarackbar »

Dude this update is awesome, I've been having a great time with it!
staredcraft
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by staredcraft »

ZioMcCall wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 7:48 am

Big update for Brutal Wolfenstein.You can see what's new in the changelog menu at the front page.
Just to let you know when I play the game, the pump shotgun (I forget the name of the gun) never appears. It gives me the exclamation point and next to it are all the shells but no weapon
ZioMcCall

Post by ZioMcCall »

staredcraft wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 10:43 pm
ZioMcCall wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 7:48 am

Just to let you know when I play the game, the pump shotgun (I forget the name of the gun) never appears. It gives me the exclamation point and next to it are all the shells but no weapon
I noticed that bug quiet immediately and re-uploaded the main file with the fix on moddb.When did you download the mod?
Youda0008

Post by Youda0008 »

Can i have a question?
Where inside the mod can i find the definitions of the bullet speed? I don't like how in the recent versions the bullets from the enemies started flying slowly so you can dodge them. I prefer how it was in the early 5.x versions, and i would like to modify it for myself.
ZioMcCall

Post by ZioMcCall »

Youda0008 wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 9:20 am Can i have a question?
Where inside the mod can i find the definitions of the bullet speed? I don't like how in the recent versions the bullets from the enemies started flying slowly so you can dodge them. I prefer how it was in the early 5.x versions, and i would like to modify it for myself.
Kinda of ironic but 99% of the feedback really hated the previous bullet speed and so did i after a while.
I've turned the combat this way so that it doesn't feel arificially difficult as it used to.This also allowed me to be a more creative with arenas and increase enemy density in the newer episodes i'm working on.
Reverting back the old bullet speed would make it even harder than before as riflemen can now deal 25 damage per bullet,50 if it is death incarnate.
Youda0008

Post by Youda0008 »

ZioMcCall wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 3:12 pm Kinda of ironic but 99% of the feedback really hated the previous bullet speed and so did i after a while.
I've turned the combat this way so that it doesn't feel arificially difficult as it used to.This also allowed me to be a more creative with arenas and increase enemy density in the newer episodes i'm working on.
Reverting back the old bullet speed would make it even harder than before as riflemen can now deal 25 damage per bullet,50 if it is death incarnate.
I'm not asking you to change the speed for everyone. I'm asking you how can i change it myself in my downloaded copy, so that it applies only to me.

Next to that, i would probably also like to shuffle some weapons in the number slots, the current assignment is kinda impractical for me, i had to do this in Project Brutality too.
ZioMcCall

Post by ZioMcCall »

Youda0008 wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 3:12 pm
ZioMcCall wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 3:12 pm Kinda of ironic but 99% of the feedback really hated the previous bullet speed and so did i after a while.
I'm not asking you to change the speed for everyone. I'm asking you how can i change it myself in my downloaded copy, so that it applies only to me.

Next to that, i would probably also like to shuffle some weapons in the number slots, the current assignment is kinda impractical for me, i had to do this in Project Brutality too.
Is in actors/weapons/tracers.
the original speed was 80.Have fun.

Btw,i did thought a bit longer about this comment and i decided to add a new difficulty setting where projectiles are a tiny bit faster and deadlier,alongside otehr varibables.So thank you for the inspiration.
Regarding weapons,just modifiy the slots numbers in gzdoom.

I personally have Slot 7 set to T,Slot 8 set to C and Slot 9 set to Z
Youda0008

Post by Youda0008 »

ZioMcCall wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 4:45 am Regarding weapons,just modifiy the slots numbers in gzdoom.
What i meant was i would like to group different weapons together. For example i want MP 40 at the same number as StG 44, but PPSh-41 separatelly. Also, number 9 is unused, so i could maybe spread them out a bit to have faster selection.
ZioMcCall

Re: Brutal Wolfenstein 3D 6.0-"Confrontation" Update!

Post by ZioMcCall »

An update for Brutal Wolfenstein has been released

Changelog below:

BW V6.0

-Completely reworked Episode 5 and 6,finally completing all original 60 levels.
-Reworked sliding:it now has it's own dedicated button and it can't be performed
while being in mid-air
-Reworked some levels,in particular Hitler's boss arena.
(Note:i was quiet unhappy with the previous version as it was too tight and a
chore to navigate.The new one is larger and has a flatter floor with less obstacles)
-Reintroduced Female Guards,with new sprites and AI
-Added a new enemy,the Ubersoldat:they are miniature versions of
Hans Grosse in black armours that can tank a lot of punishment but are quiet
vulnerable to headshots and explosives.
-Added the Gewehr 43
-Added the Leichenfaust 1943,working as it did in Wolfenstein 2009.
-Improved menu graphics and the read me.
-Reintroduced and reworked the Tank enemy from v.4.1
-Reworked most weapons:most of them got a buff in damage and fire rate,faster
switching animations and a lower ammo cap.
-Decreased the amount of grenades you can carry from 5 to 3.
-New alternative menu taking the "fullscreen" section,heavily inspired by
Brutal Doom's simple hud.An Addon with 4:3 support can be found in the
compressed folder.
-rebalanced enemies in terms of health,damage and immunities.
-Changed the death animation of the stone pillar and some
wooden barrels,now taking way less view space than before.
-Reworked "I'm a death incarnate" and added "Uber" difficulty.
-Reworked the warp only levels Map62(Now named "Das Ubersoldat dance") and
AntoLeve(Now named "The courtyard")
-Readded and reworked the pacman level.The previous E3M10 is now a warp only
level accessible through the "EXTRA" submenu
-Reworked the titlemap to match with the current set of missions you are currently playing
(either Original Missions or Nocturnal missions)
-New casing sprites from Captain J
-Readded the old Iron sight sprites for the 1911 from the BW V5.0 Demo
-Misc. bug fixes
roundtree
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Modern GZDoom)

Post by roundtree »

Absolutely amazing! I have been following brutal Wolfenstein for just over 2 years and this is my favorite Wolfenstein game of all time. Still got the original game I bought in 1992 complete with floppy disks and the original manual. Tried to attach a picture but it's too large.
DarkCheap

Post by DarkCheap »

Wow i didnt expected an update this fast for the last episode! i have been playing this mod since it was only the first two episodes that got remade two or three years ago and gotta say i keep coming back to it and replaying it,amazing work

EDIT:managed to clear episodes 5 and 6 without problems,courtyard extra level seems to be bugged specifically at the exit door
Ninlhil

Post by Ninlhil »

Does anyone know what the Black Key from E6M10 is for?
ZioMcCall

Post by ZioMcCall »

Ninlhil wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 12:26 pm Does anyone know what the Black Key from E6M10 is for?
For a door in E6M8 that was meant to lead to a second secret level.It will in v7.0 though.
For a matter of fact,the black key will be a secret item in every episode in the next update,which will allow player to open the secret black door containing the Golden Luger.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”