Brutal Wolfenstein 3D 6.0-"Confrontation" Update!

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Doomenator

Re: Brutal Wolfenstein 3d V5.0[DEMO RELEASED]

Post by Doomenator »

NathanWailes wrote:Can you point me to instructions on how to remove the footsteps sound? Or how to replace them to a version that doesn't have this issue?
The complete edit of the mod I will not be considered for obvious reasons. Let this engaged the creator of the mod, if he wants.
Just remove the sounds of footsteps (ZMC-BWV50DEMO.pk3\sounds\steps) and use an additional mod. This is the easiest and possible way for you.
https://allfearthesentinel.net/zandronu ... ps_def.pk3
Last edited by Doomenator on Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Smiechu

Post by Smiechu »

Hey, I wanted to play your mod, so far it's great but I got three questions:

1. Why can't I see my HP? I'm using Zandronum.
2. Where is the soundtrack from?
3. Where can I sound files in your mod for this guy -> Image ?
Procket12

Post by Procket12 »

Hey Zio. Got a few things on the weapons as far as the settings are concerned. The BAR should have a significantly faster firing rate. Another thing is that the STG 44 isn't supposed to lock open when the magazine is empty so the charging handle should be forward, then pulled back to charge the weapon. The fire rate on the MG42 should also be much faster as well, even more than what the BAR should be at.
Procket12

Post by Procket12 »

Oh, I forgot a couple things. When the magazine on the Thompson is empty, the ejection port is always shown as open, despite the Thompson being an open bolt weapon which means the ejection port should only be open after the charging handle is pulled. There's also a problem with the shotgun as you can't stop reloading mid-way if you need to fire at an enemy, so it has to finish before anything else happens.
Procket12

Post by Procket12 »

Another thing is that the Colt 1911 is mislabeled as the "Colt 1991".
Clownman

Post by Clownman »

Just wondering, Why do the maps in the demo feel downgraded from the ones you showed off? I just feel they looked nicer here.
Spoiler:
Unless they are still a work in progress, because I'd love to see them finished. I'm really enjoying this latest version, This mod started off as a Brutal Doom paintjob but now feels like an actual fleshed out Wolf3D remake combining aspects of all the Wolfenstein games together.

I'd be more than willing to help out with the maps if you need a hand. Especially considering I've been wanting to get back into mapping again. You don't have to re-add the scrapped maps, I don't wanna add more stress or anything, especially considering you got polyobject doors working.
Clownman

Post by Clownman »

I figured I'd start out with something to pitch myself as a map polisher for this project, Tried to mix elements from what old screenshots of your old E1M1 redesign looked like from the canned "Classic Redux" into the original level. I will probably touch things up a bit more before I send this to you though.
ZioMcCall

Post by ZioMcCall »

Yeah,maps had a little downgrade cause i made me the object of "One map for day" so some extra details i could do are gone.

If you want to improve some maps,you're free to do it :)
shadstarn

Post by shadstarn »

i so badly want to play this on my adroid but none of hte apps supports it
it beggs to be played on a hand held.. is htere somemthing you can do about it?
same with the destiny one
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

shadstarn wrote:i so badly want to play this on my adroid but none of hte apps supports it
it beggs to be played on a hand held.. is htere somemthing you can do about it?
same with the destiny one
Wait for the Android devs to update their GZDoom. Otherwise, you're out of luck. Most mod developers I know are generally unwilling to rip features out of their mods to make the mod work on older versions.
jablon1000

Post by jablon1000 »

@ZioMcCall

I found a bug... probably.

Flamethrower weapon behavior is quite bad. It have classic doom style autoaim (it self adjust aiming height), only flamer do it. It is problem because it like to aim at objects (lamps, tables etc) rather than nazi scum.

BTW: Nice map remake and more good BW gameplay. Cant wait for full version :)
Clownman

Post by Clownman »

I'll mostly be making these map touch-ups in my spare time but you will be free to implement them into the main mod.
ZioMcCall

Post by ZioMcCall »

jablon1000 wrote:@ZioMcCall

I found a bug... probably.

Flamethrower weapon behavior is quite bad. It have classic doom style autoaim (it self adjust aiming height), only flamer do it. It is problem because it like to aim at objects (lamps, tables etc) rather than nazi scum.

BTW: Nice map remake and more good BW gameplay. Cant wait for full version :)
In fact you're not supposed to find the flamethrower in the demo :D

Cheater detected.
jablon1000

Post by jablon1000 »

Not cheater... bug tester ^^
Clownman

Post by Clownman »

For the flamethrower, I actually have a suggestion for more variants to the screams you have when they are set on fire: Metal Slug rebel cries and yells. ((I feel they’d fit. I can lend you samples too.))

Return to “Gameplay Mods”