Brutal Wolfenstein 3D 6.0-"Confrontation" Update!

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Dr_Cosmobyte

Re: Brutal Wolfenstein 3d V5.0[DEMO RELEASED]

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Just played some minutes. Excellent work man.

My few complaints are the low fire rates for some weapons, like the MG42 or the MP40, but i can dig it up for balance. The Kamikaze enemy, however is a kick in the balls. Way too fast. Thanks god it's a optional feature. Took me a while to linetarget him and kill all so i could play in peace.

Also, just noting, you should make the smoke bomb with additive effects, if that is possible (haven't opened the file).

And, finally, i haven't made the MP40 angled sprites. I edited them heavily for Kriegsland using the MP40 from Russian Overkill. I'm just not sure if PillowBlaster made them, so you should take my name outta the MP40 credits.

Altough you're right about the Kick credits (Sgt. Shivers and 3D Realms), i did the glue work, so you could transfer my name into there :p

Aside these, i really have no nitpicks. Good work there man :)
ZioMcCall

Post by ZioMcCall »

Thanks man :D
And about the kamikaze,is just for troll this kind of people that in past told me that they hate kill dogs in games.
SoundOfDarkness

Post by SoundOfDarkness »

Played 4 maps so far and I really like it. I especially love what you did to enhance the maps.
Spoiler:
Only downside of this is that the wolf hi-res textures are not fully working with your mod anymore since you added new ones. Haven't tried the kamikaze enemies. Could not find any bugs so far.
MrRumbleRoses

Post by MrRumbleRoses »

i will say that. this makes things quite interesting for playing Wolfenstein 3D like this. the only 2 requests i have so far, is for an option to make enemies default vanilla. and the possibility to have recoiling disabled for some of the weapons. or at least have an option for it
Redead-ITA

Post by Redead-ITA »

Ok im trying it a little and boy, you get me there when i activated animal person on.
you got me this good.
ZioMcCall

Post by ZioMcCall »

MrRumbleRoses wrote:i will say that. this makes things quite interesting for playing Wolfenstein 3D like this. the only 2 requests i have so far, is for an option to make enemies default vanilla. and the possibility to have recoiling disabled for some of the weapons. or at least have an option for it
About vanilla enemies i was thinking.
ZioMcCall

Post by ZioMcCall »

Redead-ITA wrote:Ok im trying it a little and boy, you get me there when i activated animal person on.
you got me this good.
Spoiler:
MrRumbleRoses

Post by MrRumbleRoses »

ZioMcCall wrote:
MrRumbleRoses wrote:i will say that. this makes things quite interesting for playing Wolfenstein 3D like this. the only 2 requests i have so far, is for an option to make enemies default vanilla. and the possibility to have recoiling disabled for some of the weapons. or at least have an option for it
well those are something i'd like to see for sure in the mod. also, is there by chance a nice little png version of the mod's logo or something you made? would be useful to have it for thumbnails for possible future let's plays
muhnwalker

Post by muhnwalker »

Thank you for creating this great project!!!
I grew up with the original game and replayed all the levels with v4.5 and it just was so much fun!
Today I played the whole new first Episode and unbelievable, its even so much more better!
Unthinkable how the final release will be ;-)
Please keep up the good work!
ZioMcCall

Post by ZioMcCall »

MrRumbleRoses wrote:
ZioMcCall wrote:
well those are something i'd like to see for sure in the mod. also, is there by chance a nice little png version of the mod's logo or something you made? would be useful to have it for thumbnails for possible future let's plays
Unluck,i lost the old HD logo time ago.
Ozymandias81 will kill me for that...
Jeimuzu73

Post by Jeimuzu73 »

I just finished the demo episode of your newest version, and I have to say that you've come a very mile since this mod began. This is a definite step up from the previous version and everything meshes well together.

That said, I have a list of issues regarding the balance of the mod:
  • The kamikaze barrels are quite annoying, especially when they're well-hidden among the other barrels and I'm just blazing away through the whole room. Maybe make them more distinct so I can spot who's who and thus avoid them?
  • The riflemen throw smoke grenades a bit too often, which also makes them annoying. Maybe make them do it less frequently?
  • Hans Grosse's attacks are OP (I was playing on "Bring it on", so it's roughly 1x damage). Nerf his chaingun and grenade attacks so I can take cover more easily.
  • The ammo cap is a bit too low for the StG, maybe make it at least 150?
  • As mentioned in earlier posts, the MG-42 fires too slowly. It needs to fire almost twice that rate like the real-life weapon (see BD v21's MG-42 as a reference.)
  • The 3rd weapon slot is a bit overcrowded, shared by the MP-40 (plus the dual-wielded versions) and StG. Given the addition of other SMGs into that slot, it's gonna be a hassle switching between them in the heat of combat. I recommend shifting the auto-rifles to the rifles key (5) and binding a dual-wield button for the MPs/StGs (like in BD v21).
As for additional weapons, I'd suggest a suppressed Sten (shares ammo with MP-40), and either the Gewehr 43 (shares ammo with K98k) or the FG42 (shares ammo with MG-42). And maybe additional enemies that drop those.

Other than that, everything is perfect. I hope to enjoy the rest of this mod after you finish it!
sturmtruppen141

Post by sturmtruppen141 »

Wow ! I was about to do an another pbs run because of the colossus hype and a new demo came out! Thank you very much! Sieg heil !
Doomenator

Post by Doomenator »

ZioMcCall wrote:And about the kamikaze,is just for troll this kind of people that in past told me that they hate kill dogs in games.
Replace them with ordinary soldiers. However, those who hate kill the dogs, but can simple kill people, can be attributed to mentally sick people. :D
ZioMcCall

Post by ZioMcCall »

Jeimuzu73 wrote:I just finished the demo episode of your newest version, and I have to say that you've come a very mile since this mod began. This is a definite step up from the previous version and everything meshes well together.

That said, I have a list of issues regarding the balance of the mod:
  • The kamikaze barrels are quite annoying, especially when they're well-hidden among the other barrels and I'm just blazing away through the whole room. Maybe make them more distinct so I can spot who's who and thus avoid them?
  • The riflemen throw smoke grenades a bit too often, which also makes them annoying. Maybe make them do it less frequently?
  • Hans Grosse's attacks are OP (I was playing on "Bring it on", so it's roughly 1x damage). Nerf his chaingun and grenade attacks so I can take cover more easily.
  • The ammo cap is a bit too low for the StG, maybe make it at least 150?
  • As mentioned in earlier posts, the MG-42 fires too slowly. It needs to fire almost twice that rate like the real-life weapon (see BD v21's MG-42 as a reference.)
  • The 3rd weapon slot is a bit overcrowded, shared by the MP-40 (plus the dual-wielded versions) and StG. Given the addition of other SMGs into that slot, it's gonna be a hassle switching between them in the heat of combat. I recommend shifting the auto-rifles to the rifles key (5) and binding a dual-wield button for the MPs/StGs (like in BD v21).
As for additional weapons, I'd suggest a suppressed Sten (shares ammo with MP-40), and either the Gewehr 43 (shares ammo with K98k) or the FG42 (shares ammo with MG-42). And maybe additional enemies that drop those.

Other than that, everything is perfect. I hope to enjoy the rest of this mod after you finish it!
Thse are nice suggestions,i'll take them in mind,thanks.
SoundOfDarkness

Post by SoundOfDarkness »

I guess it could be fun to combine this with the Kriegsland weapons. :mrgreen:

Return to “Gameplay Mods”