Brutal Wolfenstein 3D 6.0-"Confrontation" Update!

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Korell

Re: Brutal Wolfenstein 3d-A final update

Post by Korell »

If you start the Episode 1 remake then it starts as you'd expect, but if you start the original Episode 1 then the enemies are alerted immediately when they cannot even see you as you've not even opened the door from the prison cell.
Stock-Doom

Post by Stock-Doom »

Korell wrote:If you start the Episode 1 remake then it starts as you'd expect, but if you start the original Episode 1 then the enemies are alerted immediately when they cannot even see you as you've not even opened the door from the prison cell.
The author said he's not working on it anymore, so I don't think it's gonna be fixed.
Korell

Post by Korell »

Stock-Doom wrote:
Korell wrote:If you start the Episode 1 remake then it starts as you'd expect, but if you start the original Episode 1 then the enemies are alerted immediately when they cannot even see you as you've not even opened the door from the prison cell.
The author said he's not working on it anymore, so I don't think it's gonna be fixed.
Maybe so, but the final release only just landed so people will be downloading it and this can make them aware of the issue. Also, someone (not necessarily the author) may know of an easy fix to this and may share it here.
ZioMcCall

Post by ZioMcCall »

Did a little patch release
(besides,not about the bug talked above)

1-Fixed some decorations placement in map03-map05-map08
2-Made the maze of map29 viewable in the automap
3-Restore the music "Pacman" and "Dungeon"
4-Now Flamethrower soldiers no longer randomly explode,but can explode if killed with "cutless" damage weapons.
5-Fixed an issue where you could destroy columns with fists.
ZioMcCall

Post by ZioMcCall »

6-Fixed an issue where you could survive from falling in a huge pit in map05.
Phredreeke

Post by Phredreeke »

ZioMcCall wrote:Wasn't satisfied for what i left,so i done a more proper final update.
This is the end of ZIOMCCALL'S Brutal Wolfenstein,but not the end of Brutal Wolfenstein itself.Heard that somebody is already thinking to take over this and remake it from scratch.Not gonna say who.
Have we come to the point that this person has become the Voldemort of the community? Anyway, I thought he was just gonna continue off where you left of, not start over from scratch.
Dr. Shotgun wrote:Unlikely, I think. This "mysterious person" likes to make his stuff more accessible to those without high-end machines.
I thought it was because Zandronum has more reliable multiplayer code?
Dr. Shotgun

Post by Dr. Shotgun »

Phredreeke wrote:I thought it was because Zandronum has more reliable multiplayer code?
That is also part of it, but he has said a few times that it's also for the performance. It's both, really.
ShockwaveS08
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Android 10

Post by ShockwaveS08 »

Ran into a rather noticeable bug, regarding both Single and Dual Lugers.

The Problem: If the Single Luger is reloaded first, attempting to switch to and reload the Dual Lugers' left-hand weapon will always fail.
The Interim Solution: Fire off one round from the Single Luger, then reload the Dual Lugers as normal.

Additional video evidence is provided in the attached YouTube video.

ZioMcCall

Post by ZioMcCall »

Oh my,how in the bloody hell i missed this?
I easily fixed this one and thank you for reporting

Finished uploading,redownload.
RyuAzuku

Post by RyuAzuku »

I keep getting Script error, "ZMC-BWFinal.pk3:actors/maps/mapprops.txt" line 2498:
Expected ')', got ','.

Does anyone know how to fix this????
thedeathrunner123
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10 Pro
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by thedeathrunner123 »

RyuAzuku wrote:I keep getting Script error, "ZMC-BWFinal.pk3:actors/maps/mapprops.txt" line 2498:
Expected ')', got ','.

use slade to go into the file spoken off and replace "," with ")". easy. if that doest work youre fucked sorry.
Kinsie
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Kinsie »

RyuAzuku wrote:I keep getting Script error, "ZMC-BWFinal.pk3:actors/maps/mapprops.txt" line 2498:
Expected ')', got ','.

It runs fine in the latest GZDoom.
theroguemonk
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by theroguemonk »

is it me or is there several different brutal wolfensteins ... and also the old one was better? i am very confused .
thehoe

Post by thehoe »

Hi ZioMcCall ~

I am the owner of the FAP servers on Dookseeker/Zandronum. We are currently hosting your Brutal Wolfenstein mod coupled with regular Brutal Doom maps. If ok with you, FAP is going to do some small adjustments to your mod for coop play - the adjustments is just to the monster strengths.

Please feel free to reach out to me at www.fapnow.xyz should you have any questions or need to get in touch with me directly. Thanks so much for a wonderful mod! We are enjoy the hell out of it!

Hoe
ZioMcCall

Re: Brutal Wolfenstein 3d v5.1 released

Post by ZioMcCall »

A small update has been released for Brutal Wolfenstein.

It has been around four years ever since i've abandoned this project. My patience and knowledge of modding is no longer as it used to be. Despite all this,
there were some things from the current build of Brutal Wolfenstein that always irked me so i had to do something.

Brutal Wolfenstein v5.1 has the following changes.

-Slower enemies projectiles!BW was infamous for being extremely difficult and the fast enemy projectiles were the number one reason that made this mod so miserable to play.Their velocity has been
heavily tuned down,so now it's pretty easy to dodge bullets in most corridors and arenas.
-Rebalanced the damage!Now enemies and weapons do a predictable amount of damage and no longer relies on doom's random damage system.
-Player's grenades now explode on impact,making way easier to deal with a group of enemies and destroying columns.Yes,you can destroy columns and sometimes they are required
to be destroyed to access some new secret areas or to cheese the original level design.Civvie 11 no longer need to get through E6M1 with this trick.
-Reworked the flamethrower wielding nazis.They now have a 100% pain chance and always explode on death,leaving behind a flamethrower to pick up.
-Removed nazi girls.They never fit gameplay wise as they were a spongier versions of nazi officers carrying mp40s.
-Riflemen and nazi officers now telegraph their alternate attack way better,with audio and visual warnings.
-The flamethrower no longer slows down the player when used and has more manageable recoil.The damage has greatly increased per projectile but the ammo capacity has been reduced to 100 instead of 1000.
-Reload cancelling!It's kinda jank,but now the player is no longer stuck in an animation while reloading.They can be interrupted with pretty much any imput the player can do.
-Removed some items in Episode 2's final map and changed the music from Die Volter to Hellero from ROTT 2013
-Removed the halberd.Now destroyed knight's armours will drop throwable axes instead.
-Removed a childish anti-brony easter egg in E1M10.Shame on me.
-Proper sprites showing when a barrel might drop food,an mp40 or a surprise grenade.
-Minor fixes to the menu graphics.

Have fun.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”