Brutal Wolfenstein 3D 6.0-"Confrontation" Update!

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
ZioMcCall

Re: Brutal Wolfenstein v4.0

Post by ZioMcCall »

Tormentor667,I assure you that Laz Rojas will be made aware of this project
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

That's a much better attitude.
Wiw
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Wiw »

Having played around with this for a bit, I have to say that this version of the mod is not as much an affront to my senses than the version on TerminusEst's stream - in fact it's considerably better - but if I'm going to play a Brutal mod, I'd prefer to at least to have options to change the level of blood. So in case you want there to be a realistic amount of blood, but not too much? Although in fact this was a v20 addition, but it's something I'd like to see, if it can be arranged.
ZioMcCall

Post by ZioMcCall »

Wiw wrote: -but if I'm going to play a Brutal mod, I'd prefer to at least to have options to change the level of blood.
Just because the sergeant added the ability to change the amount of blood, it does not mean that I intend to put it! In my opinion the amount of blood is balanced and need few changes. I'm more focused on improving the gameplay that the blood.
Ozymandias81
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Ozymandias81 »

Just because I know you Zio, I am gonna try this mod to give you feedbacks.
Also, expect a polished version of your mod, so you'll never have to fight so much with SGTM4 awful decorate codes.

People here: do not mess up with Zio, he's a totally different person than Sergeant, I can assure all of you this.
demo_the_man

Post by demo_the_man »

That would be great, also re-vamp the levels textures, they really dont fit well with the current enemys AI and it can cause all sorts of jankyness
(officers throwing grenades in cramped rooms with no quick escape is a big gripe)
Jeimuzu73

Post by Jeimuzu73 »

Hey Zio, can you add a key to quick-throw grenades like in Brutal Doom v20? It's kinda inconvenient to have to switch to the grenades often just to throw one.
CeeJay

Post by CeeJay »

Question, do you know anything about the original Wolfenstein 3D?

Episode 1 has B.J. (the protagonist of the game) imprisoned in the infamous Nazi dungeon known as Wolfenstein. It's up you to fight your way to freedom and regroup with the allies.

So why do you start outside... with a Thompson? It's a dungeon. You are a prisoner deep within Nazi territory.
SamuraiSTALIN

Post by SamuraiSTALIN »

CeeJay wrote:Question, do you know anything about the original Wolfenstein 3D?

Episode 1 has B.J. (the protagonist of the game) imprisoned in the infamous Nazi dungeon known as Wolfenstein. It's up you to fight your way to freedom and regroup with the allies.

So why do you start outside... with a Thompson? It's a dungeon. You are a prisoner deep within Nazi territory.
You don't honestly think that the game HAS to start in the exact same way as Wolfenstein for the game to be considered Wolfenstein-related, do you?

I enjoy this one, personally.
CeeJay

Post by CeeJay »

Well perhaps it should be renamed to "Brutal Wolfenstein-in-name-only" then :D
ZioMcCall

Post by ZioMcCall »

CeeJay wrote:Question, do you know anything about the original Wolfenstein 3D?
If i know something? If i know something? But you think I would do this mod without having played the original Wolfenstein 3D? I'd put this alternative because I was not practical to ACS for maps when i do this version and because I wanted to do so I started again with the thompson. But in the next version i'll made the escape like in original first level!
ZioMcCall

Post by ZioMcCall »

MJ79 wrote:Hey Zio, can you add a key to quick-throw grenades like in Brutal Doom v20? It's kinda inconvenient to have to switch to the grenades often just to throw one.
Don't worry. With the help of Ozymandias81 I created a plugin for launch the grenades
CUBERT

Post by CUBERT »

Привет, Zio! Я очень восхищён твоим проектом и всей проделанной работой тобой и твоими товарищами. Очень приятно, что такая легендарная игра не забывается, и есть люди, которые привносят в неё новую жизнь.
Извини за мой английский, я русский, надеюсь, online переводчик правильно донесёт до тебя мои мысли. Но у меня есть к тебе пара предложений:
1. StG44 и Kar98k сделать под цифрой 4, так как это обе винтовки.
2. MP-40 и Thompson M1A1 оставить под цифрой 3, так как это оба автоматических оружия, но под пистолетный патрон, иными словами, пистолеты-пулемёты.
3. Обычные солдаты пусть будут вооружены винтовками и только ими, а не пистолетами, во времена Второй Мировой войны солдаты были вооружены более крупнокалиберным оружием, нежели пистолетами, этим же солдатам дать гранаты, а не офицерам! Офицер, напротив, был вооружен люгером и только им. Вспомни RtCW.
4. SS пусть будут в чёрной форме, а не в синей, это же SS, а не полиция.
5. Добавь тяжеловооружённых солдат в противогазах как в RtCW, вооружённых пулемётом гатлинга или гранатомётом.
6. Вместо синего (плазменного) MP-40 сделай plasmagun из Brutal Doom, соответственно, патроны к нему тоже такие же.
7. Возможно, вместо топора сделать булаву cleric из Hexen, она классно дробит головы нацистам.
8. Добавить гранаты из Brutal Doom, дать B.J. 5 штук в начале каждого эпизода.
9. Вернуть звуки выстрелов из MP-40 как в RtCW, а не в Call of Duty 1, по крайней мере, мне так кажется, что лучше.
Ну вот, пока всё
stroggkiller

Post by stroggkiller »

I see some issues in the mod
1-in the 4.1, the nazi with the stg when is walking the stg is grey but when he die the stg is blue
2-the luger need other sprites

Nothing more of issues or things like that i hope you can have good luck and ideas with this mod
This mod is awesome
If you need decorate help, i can help you

Return to “Gameplay Mods”