Brutal Wolfenstein 3D 6.0-"Confrontation" Update!

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Jeimuzu73

Re: Brutal Wolfenstein v4.0

Post by Jeimuzu73 »

What Ketch-I mean wildweasel said. TBH I actually kinda like this mod - it's like Nazis or Wolfendoom's brutal twin, hehe. It just needs a lot of jackboot-polish IYKWIM.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

MJ79 wrote:What Ketch-I mean wildweasel said.
Will you cut that out?
ZioMcCall

Post by ZioMcCall »

Clownman wrote:
skyrish10 wrote:Found a bug, trying to do a fatality could cause a crash, also change the sprite of the luger with the one from JoeyTD
While I don't like Brutal Doom I can somewhat understand "destroying demons in horrible ways". But against humans ((Even if they are German Soilders in WWII)) it seems a bit... extreme. And please, No dog fatalities either.
It may seem strange, but I agree with you;
I love the fatality of Brutal Doom, but did not want to create them for this mod. Some people have asked me to put them down, however, so I tried to see what would come out. If I receive other complaints for Fatality, i'll remove theme.Dogs haven't got fatalities, however, but don't ask me to remove the dog's gibs!
ZioMcCall

Post by ZioMcCall »

Clownman wrote: While I don't like Brutal Doom I can somewhat understand "destroying demons in horrible ways". But against humans ((Even if they are German Soilders in WWII)) it seems a bit... extreme. And please, No dog fatalities either.
It may seem strange, but I agree with you;
I love the fatality of Brutal Doom, but did not want to create them for this mod. Some people have asked me to put them down, however, so I tried to see what would come out. If I receive other complaints for Fatality, i'll remove theme.Dogs haven't got fatalities, however, but don't ask me to remove the dog's gibs![/quote]
ZioMcCall

Post by ZioMcCall »

I made a new little version called "Brutal Wolfenstein v4.1". This have some improvements like:

-Improved Ambient light.
-Accelerated the choice of weapons.
-Replaced the Panzergrenadier with the Spear of Destiny's Elite Guards;
these are as fast as the regular SS, but are much more lethal.(Credits:Apogee Software)
-Extra Animations for the SS, SoD and female SS guards.
-New sounds for the Mp40,the Thompson and the STG44 take from Call of Duty 1.
-Riflemans have new sprite rotations when they fire and are much strong.
-New Voices for SOD SS and for the officer when launch the grenade taken from
Men of War:Assault Squad.

Download Link:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/wfw7l ... W-V4.1.zip
EbonKnight

Post by EbonKnight »

Tbh, this mod needs a LOT more love. Dunno bout you guys, but Wolfy was always the worst 3d shooter in the ID lineup (well, starting with Wolf3D anyway, not counting the ancient stuff) - the guns, the enemies, esp. the ohmygod samey corridors upon corridors.. long story short, I feel the new guns, enemies, enemy AI, and a few of the level reworks I've seen (gawwd, outdoor areas! praise the lawd!) really switch things up and make it.. well.. actually a blast to play. Especially love the potato masher grenades and mg42 as room-clearing devices that don't feel out of place or unrealistic.. even better that the enemies use them all-too-well against you too. All in all, if you could finish up the other episodes with level remakes/repolishes like you did for the 1st ep, this will truly become a rather phenomenal and essential mod, imho.
Valken

Post by Valken »

I really like playing this version especially on hard mode but I was wondering if it would be easier and faster if this mod was made to be compatible with Nightfright's update to Laz's Wolfendoom port http://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=48518?

This way it would allow all your updated weapons, NPC, AI and enhancement to be applied to already ported maps to be played. Something like Doom Coop Hardcore mod to regular Doom 1 and 2 mixed with Brutal Doom mod.
cem26

Post by cem26 »

can you make standalone version (i dont wanna play in other maps too)
cs89

Post by cs89 »

I don't want to bugging you, but when will available the Spears of Destiny and the Nocturnal Missions maps for playing?
I would like to play those Wolf3d Trilogies with more blood than in the original games. :mrgreen:
Last edited by cs89 on Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
ZioMcCall

Post by ZioMcCall »

csikocska89 wrote:I don't want to bugging you, but when will available the Spears of Destiny and the Nocturnal Missions maps for playing?
I would like to play the 3 Wolf3d Trilogies with more blood than in the original games. :mrgreen:
I'm working on Spear of Destiny,but Nocturnal mission are yet include with the first mod.
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

Out of curiosity, did you ask Laz Rojas about using his work in your Brutal Doom pk3? I mean the whole Nocturnal and Original missions as they are...
DOOMsteinZone

Post by DOOMsteinZone »

I've just recently come across this mod, and I have to say I'm impressed. With the right amount of dedication and effort, this could make Wolfenstein 3D brutal in its own right, accentuating the game's own unique tone as opposed to Brutal Doom. Seeing that Brutal Doom v20b is coming out soon, I can't help but implore you to base some of your blood/gore gibs and decals on that mod, but to a lesser extent befitting the aesthetic of Wolfenstein.

I realize the original and Nocturnal missions are done. Are you working on Spear of Destiny alone or the Lost Episodes as well? I sincerely hope you're working on all 3 missions.

Mods with the "Brutal" tagline just bring a smile to my face. I'm expecting great things from you and this mod.
ZioMcCall

Post by ZioMcCall »

Tormentor667 wrote:Out of curiosity, did you ask Laz Rojas about using his work in your Brutal Doom pk3? I mean the whole Nocturnal and Original missions as they are...

I knew that sooner or later you'd ask it. Only recently I found a way to contact him but a your colleague of Blade of Agony told me it's not worth asking something. However, in case you had not seen it, I've always credited him.
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

ZioMcCall wrote:[..]but a your colleague of Blade of Agony told me it's not worth asking something. However, in case you had not seen it, I've always credited him.
It is always worth asking and being polite. It is possible to contact Laz Rojas in numerous ways, including Facebook for example or his official web page. Simply using his work without asking is pretty ignorant.
taufan99

Post by taufan99 »

This looks like a nice mod. Gotta give it a go.

EDIT: Stopped playing this mod because of the TITLEMAP, which contains many, obnoxiously loud enemies, and the dark, hard-to-see maps.
My suggestions;
1. Either remove the TITLEMAP, or put fewer enemies in the TITLEMAP.
2. Add some more lighting to all the maps. That way, players don't need to adjust the lighting through the source port.
Tormentor667 wrote:It is always worth asking and being polite. It is possible to contact Laz Rojas in numerous ways, including Facebook for example or his official web page. Simply using his work without asking is pretty ignorant.
Is Laz Rojas still active in the internet? I sorta doubt it.
Last edited by taufan99 on Sat Jun 20, 2015 4:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”