Brutal Wolfenstein 3D 6.0-"Confrontation" Update!

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
ZioMcCall

Re: Brutal Wolfenstein 3d V5.0[DEMO RELEASED]

Post by ZioMcCall »

Korell wrote:I decided to give the Brutal Wolfenstein v5.0 Demo a try today. I was a little sceptical at first, but I have to say, I really had fun. Only played through the first 5 levels, and then died during the 6th, but it was great fun.

I did notice some issues with the secret walls, though. Firstly, they show up in the textured automap (though maybe you aren't meant to use the textured automap?). Secondly, you can push them more than once, which can sometimes cause them to block further secret walls or passages if they are in close proximity to each other. Thirdly, I did see one secret wall that failed to move far enough, meaning I could see through the small space what was behind the secret wall, but because it hadn't moved enough I couldn't get through. Nothing was game breaking in those first 5 levels that I completed, though.
You can push more of once?I don't remember this issue.I tested a lot the maps.
Can you tell me where you found this issue?
Korell

Post by Korell »

ZioMcCall wrote:Can you tell me where you found this issue?
Every pushwall I found in the first 5 maps (except for that one that got stuck part of the way) I was able to push twice.
ZioMcCall

Post by ZioMcCall »

how every pushwall in first 5 maps?Send me a video of every of these pusswalls please.
Korell

Post by Korell »

Okay, maybe it isn't every single pushwall as I just replayed map 1 to try and reproduce it and couldn't, but knowing that I'd seen so many of them able to be pushed twice I loaded up one of my saved games (an autosave in fact) and the first pushwall I came to activated twice, so I've recorded it and uploaded it to YouTube (link below). Really, though, I saw so many of these in my playthrough of the first five maps.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnvtPVNK9Uk
ZioMcCall

Post by ZioMcCall »

Only map03 had this bug,i saw.Now is fixed.Thanks man.
Gideon020

Post by Gideon020 »

Any chance of being able to do double chainguns in the full release?
ZioMcCall

Post by ZioMcCall »

Gideon020 wrote:Any chance of being able to do double chainguns in the full release?
This would be the more trash thing i could add,after the ADS for the Akimbo weapons lol
ZioMcCall

Post by ZioMcCall »

Well,i finaly understand how the "Translation" code actualy work.

Time to take back the purple blood,once for all.

ZioMcCall

Post by ZioMcCall »

Luigi2600

Post by Luigi2600 »

The reload animations take too long, because of that you are easily killed by enemies. Also I think the dog gives out a lot more attack damage towards the player while the Nazis will give you. It should be the other way around to be honest. Still enjoyed the mod though, keep up the good work.
NathanWailes

Post by NathanWailes »

Hi,

Preface: I'm not very familiar with ZDoom.

I'm having an issue where my own footsteps seem to be delayed, so that they sound like they're coming from *next* to me rather than from my current position. For example, if I move and turn at the same time, I'll hear the footsteps coming from only one side.

Is this normal? If not, how can I fix it?
ZioMcCall

Post by ZioMcCall »

NathanWailes wrote:Hi,

Preface: I'm not very familiar with ZDoom.

I'm having an issue where my own footsteps seem to be delayed, so that they sound like they're coming from *next* to me rather than from my current position. For example, if I move and turn at the same time, I'll hear the footsteps coming from only one side.

Is this normal? If not, how can I fix it?
I know why this could happen,but i'm not able how to explain it crearly.
Btw,i never found this problem.
Doomenator

Post by Doomenator »

ZioMcCall wrote:Btw,i never found this problem.
It depends on what you think is the problem. Put on the headphones, moving to the side, and you will hear your own steps from the left and right. I call this effect: the lame horse behind. But someone pretending that such problems do not exist. Personally, I removed it out of the some mods (inclusive this mod) and use a more appropriate version of the footsteps. :D
NathanWailes

Post by NathanWailes »

Hi Doomenator,

Can you point me to instructions on how to remove the footsteps sound? Or how to replace them to a version that doesn't have this issue?
NathanVPer

Post by NathanVPer »

What a more awesome mod, i want to come out the v5.0 FULL VERSION to play with the Revolver, the Sten and the PPSH, and the spear (BTW i want to know how to get it) and the other weapons :P

Return to “Gameplay Mods”