Brutal Wolfenstein 3D 6.0-"Confrontation" Update!

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
demo_the_man

Re: Brutal Wolfenstein v4.0

Post by demo_the_man »

I can do some work with level design, but first it needs a lot more improvements in enemy design, at least balance it out so that the best strategy on a boss is the strafe around it . make that very unwise, as wolf3d bosses would cut you down if you tried that.
ZioMcCall

Post by ZioMcCall »

wildweasel wrote:It's come to my attention that the MP40 used in this mod comes from the ECWolf Tech Demo; I helped create those sprites specifically for that project (from a Day of Defeat model with HEAVY edits) and really do not like seeing them here uncredited.
Oh sorry Weasel. Now i put your name near the mp40 credits.
ZioMcCall

Post by ZioMcCall »

MJ79 wrote:The mod is playable, but has severe design flaws.
At least he didn't use your NAZIS mod to create this.
@Zio I can help with weapons and enemies.
Thank you. I accept all the possible help.
skyrish10
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 7

Post by skyrish10 »

Found a bug, trying to do a fatality could cause a crash, also change the sprite of the luger with the one from JoeyTD
Last edited by skyrish10 on Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

skyrish10 wrote:also change the sprite of the luger with the one from NAZIS
Please get JoeyTD's permission for this first.
SilverShield

Post by SilverShield »

Thanks for reading my feedback. It's not as bad as you say, it has lots of potential. There aren't really any Wolfenstein mods for Zdoom.

StgMark used a lot of stuff from other sources too. I guess it can be good if the content added are adapted and tweaked to fit.

Good luck, would be great to see v5.0!

@MJ779: May I request (if you're doing weapons) that the 'clip' of the kar98k be added in the weapon reloading sprites, instead of a clenched fist? I think it looks nicer this way and is more pratical, for example the mauser reload animation in RTCW.
ZioMcCall

Post by ZioMcCall »

skyrish10 wrote:Found a bug, trying to do a fatality could cause a crash, also change the sprite of the luger with the one from JoeyTD
Very strange.with what skill you played and with which unit you made the fatality?
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

...any chance of getting "Brutal" to the boards blacklisted words?
demo_the_man

Post by demo_the_man »

im not the biggest fan of brutal doom either, but you have to give poeple the chance to learn how to mod. So what he is making a brutal mod, hes at least trying to contribute something to the community, he probably needs some guidance to make something good out of this, and not create another brutal doom. If you respond with hatred towards what quite frankly is most likely this person first try into the world of doom modifications, than we have lost to mk4 already by stooping lower than him. Torm i dont mean to be overly harsh on your comments, but if the community does not get past mk4 then he has won. we should let him and his modification fade into obscurity.
Jeimuzu73

Post by Jeimuzu73 »

Given the ability to dismember Nazis on the new Wolfenstein games anyway, I'd actually say that Wolfenstein was meant to be a 'brutal' gaming franchise anyway (hell, the classic game had pretty bloody deaths and you can even gib Hitler).
Clownman

Post by Clownman »

skyrish10 wrote:Found a bug, trying to do a fatality could cause a crash, also change the sprite of the luger with the one from JoeyTD
I don't think Fatalities are really in this besides curbstomps. ((They aren't in any of the levels and in the old version which Terminus streamed, if you spawned one they would turn into standard Doom Monsters.)) Then again, I'd personally not have Fatalities with BJ ripping arms of guards with his bear hands and such TBH.

While I don't like Brutal Doom I can somewhat understand "destroying demons in horrible ways". But against humans ((Even if they are German Soilders in WWII)) it seems a bit... extreme. And please, No dog fatalities either.
Kizoky
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 11
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Kizoky »

Dog fatalities would be kinda.. Gross. I would rather make them allies than kill them, giving a Dog treat (or some dog stuff) inventory to the actor, instantly replacing the hostile actor with friendly one.
Jeimuzu73

Post by Jeimuzu73 »

Playing it again, and I have a few issues to report (and maybe some suggestions):
  • The officers are too overpowered because they carry these damn grenades which can kill me in one hit. E6L1 has extremely tight corridors full of these bastards and if I get trapped, I die. Why not give the grenades to the less common Panzergrenadier, which makes more sense?
  • You really need to re-work the levels because I don't find starting a level to be quickly shredded by goons right in front of me to be fun (E1L1, E1L9, etc).
  • I can try creating a New Order-styled HUD to replace the Brutal Doom HUD that forces me to change the screen resolution.
  • And sometime I will help you rework the weapons and enemies as stated earlier.
Mr.Enchanter

Post by Mr.Enchanter »

Tormentor667 wrote:...any chance of getting "Brutal" to the boards blacklisted words?
Or people could do their own thing that they enjoy, opinions, that what you have, and you mods are great, so I respect your skills as a mod developer, but you act like Brutal Doom is the equivalent of killing babies, and I have read your articles on Brutal Doom, so just as you are entitled to yours, I am entitled to my own opinions. You didn't have to come to this thread, and you certainly don't have to post discouraging remarks to someone that is spending their time creating something that people will enjoy, yeah, people can enjoy things you don't, crazy thought huh? The developer of this mod is a nice guy, I've worked a little on this mod and he is ALWAYS grateful for help, he's not an arrogant asshole, and he's worked hard on this mod. What you are doing is taking shits on people's creations. HUGE shits on people's creations. Stop being a baby about "Brutal," if you don't like it, simply ignore it. If you're getting compatibility questions, ignore it, I'm sure your slandering post on Realm667 was enough to ward away such requests.

I'm trying to be as respectful as I can be, something I am yet to see you do on this thread, people will continue to make mods that they want to, and maybe instead of complaining about Brutal Doom, which people enjoy, worry about Terry Wads and Troll Wads, which are actually "Worse than the Plague."

Sorry Zio for posting a mini-essay on your thread, but it is more relevant than the quoted comment.
wildweasel
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

Brutal-based mods are still okay by the rules. Complaining about Brutal - or responding to complaining about Brutal - is very much pushing it. Please take it elsewhere if this discussion is to continue.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”