Colourful Hell 0.98
Main update points;
New optional tier; Brown!
Brown tier is a tier where the monsters focus on supporting other monsters and distrupting the player. Many brown enemies have abilities that heal or buff other monsters or moves that knock the player around. Be careful with these fellows
Re works of older annoying enemies
Some enemies have had very annoying and outright frustrating unfair non fun aspects on them, in this update, I've aimed to tackle couple of em
Some notable changes;
-Queen bee no longer starts as a swarm and focuses more on the queen herself. Swarm can occur if you let her make it
-White arachnotron was rehauled completely, the old one was just a mess.
-Red spidermastermind ground move was just a clusterfuck not gonna lie. Its been changed to a more hot wheel feel
Lot of other balance and such changes are also in this, and some look changes.
Most of the listed changes are noted in the earlier beta updates.
Hope you have fun with this update!
Colorful Nazi Suggestion
I am not touching them due of debug/dehacked reasons, if anyone wants to make an add on they are free to do so.
1)Is it ok to use CH with Champions or Legendoomlite ? It works fine as far as I can see , except Champions have special colors like healers being red , toxic monster being green etc... Legendoomlite doesn't seem to have any obvious clashing elements atm , is it recommended to combine those , or is CH best experienced as it is ?
2)Would it be possible to use Nashgore alongside CH ? It seems that there is a textfile that disables gore effects coming from other wads , and allows Nashgore to override them
1. Yes they work great together, just keep your eye on the load order if you are not using the lite versions.
2. I dont know, try and see. I know some gore mods with ok with CH.
2.) When the black Cyberdemon spawns, it says "Congratsulations", with an extra "s". Is that a typo, or a reference to those typos from the old NES games etc?
Typo probably. I am not native english speaker and have a low attention span.
When I'm playing this mod, I get an error that says "out of bounds access to local variables in ACS VM" in GZDoom
This seems to happen when I encounter large groups of demons
the only other mod I'm using for my playthrough of this mod is spawn: path to damnation but I couldn't imagine that would affect colorful hell
Never ran into this issue myself, what maps do these occur on and what other mods are in play?
A little feedback to the dev if they're still around
- Formers should get better color sprites. Especially green, blue, purple - they're all incredibly ugly. Their skin tone shouldn't be colored, only their armor parts should.
- Brown zombieman sprite looks ridiculous. It looks like a midget straight out of wolfenstein 3d, and it doesn't even look possessed. You're better off using one of the numerous undead marines out there.
- Could it be possible to make it so you can never roll the same black or white monster more than once per session? It gets tiresome to always roll the Butcher and never get to see anything else.
- Red Shotgun Guy shouldn't have a long range projectile. His fearsome close quarter power is completely justified for him to suck at long range. Also please make him drop the SSG on death.
- Some sprites are obscenely out of place and ugly. I feel brown caco would be alot more enjoyable if they were just a normal caco with a different palette, for instance.
- Brown Imp's skull shield ability causes instant player death if the imp is on a different ground height with the player and fall damage is enabled. I trust this is unintended. It's also difficult to read what that shield ability is even supposed to do.
- Green Demon should always blow up on death except from melee damage.
- Tiers for barrels with various degrees of explosive power would be fun. Perhaps even tiers for the icon of sin?
- Please consider having health bars for black/white monsters. It's extremely tedious trying to guess wheter you are hurting it properly or not, and wheter you even have enough ammo to take it on in the first place.
- Bosses with auto-hit abilities like the red mastermind are anything but fun. Please avoid such attacks where the player feels like they literally can't do anything about getting hurt.
- This isn't really a problem but the sheer ugliness of fireblu, cyan, etc. sprites is the only thing keeping me from enabling these tiers. The worms and insects and all that stuff is just completely off putting and doesn't feel one bit part of doom.
- Formers could probably do so yeah, I have not really touched em too much as Ive been focusing on other features. I might do something about em for next round around
- Its a ridiculous enemy to begin with, I felt it felt appropriate for it cause of how silly the guy is.
- Not that I know off.
- I felt they needed something for long range chip damage, granted the projectile might be bit too powerful.
- I work with what I can.
- That is unintentional and the shield thing is very buggy I have to admit. I havent yet figured out what to do with it to make it better and more sensible.
- Nah would be too easy to chainreact.
- Barrels; No. Icon of sin? also likely not cause I have no idea how to even tackle the icon of sin.
- Use a separate mod for that. if it was from CH side it would become a clusterfuck
- Auto hits are being brewed out mostly
- Fireblu is intended to be ugly. For the sprites, what is doom is completely out of the window with this mod to start with, as killing multi coloured monsters doesnt scream super serious to begin with.