[WIP]Colourful Hell 0.95 tweak tweak

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

What do with black shotgun spawn?

Poll ended at Fri Feb 19, 2016 8:24 am

keep as they are
0
No votes
modify a little for ranged options
0
No votes
Remake the crew for better variance
2
29%
Remake with focus on the leader as the boss
5
71%
Rehaul and scrap the concept, make something else shotgunny instead
0
No votes
 
Total votes : 7

Re: [WIP]Colourful Hell 0.94 Abyssal Encounter

Postby D3athStalker » Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:56 pm

Rowsol wrote:I'm getting a lot of invalid state errors. Is this normal? Thanks for what appears to have been a lot of work.


I was too lazy to fix them, making the patch was headache inducing enough lol
User avatar
D3athStalker
*cries in DECORATE*
 
Joined: 28 Feb 2016
Location: Kebabrealm

Re: [WIP]Colourful Hell 0.94 Abyssal Encounter

Postby Rowsol » Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:05 pm

Well, I have some unfortunate news. You're using the old "broken" drops he had in place.

DropItem "BackPack", 256, 8 isn't 8 backpacks, it's just one. This is fixed in the latest 0.94.

Even with this I'm still swimming in gold and ammo after just 2 small maps. CH has never been light on supplies but I can't help but wish drops were toned down a lot. Seeing as how this patch writes its own drops I see no reason why you couldn't (if you wanted) tailor the drops to a more sane level. For me this would go a long way in terms of replayability.
Last edited by Rowsol on Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Rowsol
 
Joined: 06 Mar 2013
Location: Maryland, US

Re: [WIP]Colourful Hell 0.94 Abyssal Encounter

Postby D3athStalker » Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:09 pm

Rowsol wrote:Well, I have some unfortunate news. You're using the old "broken" drops he had in place.

DropItem "BackPack", 256, 8 isn't 8 backpacks, it's just one. This is fixed in the latest 0.94.


Thanks for notifying, I probably missed some of the earlier monsters before I started using v0.94 as references for drops and other stuff.
User avatar
D3athStalker
*cries in DECORATE*
 
Joined: 28 Feb 2016
Location: Kebabrealm

Re: [WIP]Colourful Hell 0.94 Abyssal Encounter

Postby Rowsol » Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:21 pm

Come to think of it, why even have them drop items? You could keep the theme of them dropping gold, just up it for the higher tiers. I think that would make the most sense.
User avatar
Rowsol
 
Joined: 06 Mar 2013
Location: Maryland, US

Re: [WIP]Colourful Hell 0.94 Abyssal Encounter

Postby D3athStalker » Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:28 pm

Rowsol wrote:Come to think of it, why even have them drop items? You could keep the theme of them dropping gold, just up it for the higher tiers. I think that would make the most sense.


Upper tiers actually drop higher amounts of dosh. Most of the boss-tier enemies even drop treasure chests.

But yeah, item drops sometimes get overwhelming, especially the ammo drops from boss minions. I can add a cvar which determines the chance of dropping items in the next update.
User avatar
D3athStalker
*cries in DECORATE*
 
Joined: 28 Feb 2016
Location: Kebabrealm

Re: [WIP]Colourful Hell 0.94 Abyssal Encounter

Postby Hege Cactus » Tue Jul 24, 2018 2:15 pm

Heh, nice to see the compat patch still lives, shame I gotta give you more to patch in

Version 942 is up


Noticeable stuff in this version;

Most of the abyss monsters have gotten damage nerfs; around 10% damage nerf and larger damage randomization has been added
Due of the abyssals being already a real pain, I figured that their current damages are way too punishing to give player a chance to learn them properly, they still are a threat, dont get me wrong but now a slightly more fair threat

All optional tier are now filled
Granted, some of the fillers aren't the greatest but hey, its possible to now set solo tier runs with optional tiers using +nomonsters

Gray shotgunner + white zombie crash is fixed

All changes;
Spoiler:
User avatar
Hege Cactus
 
Joined: 19 Feb 2014

Re: [WIP]Colourful Hell 0.94 Abyssal Encounter

Postby a.dusty.taco » Tue Jul 24, 2018 3:20 pm

Hege Cactus wrote:Heh, nice to see the compat patch still lives, shame I gotta give you more to patch in

Version 942 is up


Noticeable stuff in this version;

Most of the abyss monsters have gotten damage nerfs; around 10% damage nerf and larger damage randomization has been added
Due of the abyssals being already a real pain, I figured that their current damages are way too punishing to give player a chance to learn them properly, they still are a threat, dont get me wrong but now a slightly more fair threat

All optional tier are now filled
Granted, some of the fillers aren't the greatest but hey, its possible to now set solo tier runs with optional tiers using +nomonsters

Gray shotgunner + white zombie crash is fixed

All changes;
Spoiler:


Are gray shotgun guys supposed to be... Crouched? Their model seems a little... Squished. Same with the Firblu pinky. Just wondering.
a.dusty.taco
 
Joined: 25 Jul 2017

Re: [WIP]Colourful Hell 0.94 Abyssal Encounter

Postby Hege Cactus » Wed Jul 25, 2018 7:50 am

a.dusty.taco wrote:
Are gray shotgun guys supposed to be... Crouched? Their model seems a little... Squished. Same with the Firblu pinky. Just wondering.


Gray shotgunners crouch when they see you at distance, I unfortunantly dont have proper sprite for them
and yes for the fireblu pinky, tho it is bit silly I know
User avatar
Hege Cactus
 
Joined: 19 Feb 2014

Re: [WIP]Colourful Hell 0.942 Abyssal fill up

Postby Marisa Kirisame » Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:33 am

Hey could you take a look at this thread for a moment?
User avatar
Marisa Kirisame
ZScript Magician
 
 
 
Joined: 08 Feb 2008
Location: Vigo, Galicia
Discord: Marisa Kirisame#4689
Twitch ID: magusmarisa

Re: [WIP]Colourful Hell 0.94 Abyssal Encounter

Postby a.dusty.taco » Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:18 pm

Hege Cactus wrote:
a.dusty.taco wrote:
Are gray shotgun guys supposed to be... Crouched? Their model seems a little... Squished. Same with the Firblu pinky. Just wondering.


Gray shotgunners crouch when they see you at distance, I unfortunantly dont have proper sprite for them
and yes for the fireblu pinky, tho it is bit silly I know


Shotgunners crouching is neat. The pinky just surprised me but now it's kinda funny.
a.dusty.taco
 
Joined: 25 Jul 2017

Re: [WIP]Colourful Hell 0.94 Abyssal Encounter

Postby Hege Cactus » Thu Jul 26, 2018 1:21 pm

a.dusty.taco wrote:
Hege Cactus wrote:
a.dusty.taco wrote:
Are gray shotgun guys supposed to be... Crouched? Their model seems a little... Squished. Same with the Firblu pinky. Just wondering.


Gray shotgunners crouch when they see you at distance, I unfortunantly dont have proper sprite for them
and yes for the fireblu pinky, tho it is bit silly I know


Shotgunners crouching is neat. The pinky just surprised me but now it's kinda funny.


Yeah, I attempted to make it look funny on purpose so people underestimate him


Also a hotfix release

-Added an option for rocket damage type
This was a big oversight cause I failed to realize that cyberdemon rockets and player rockets are shared
Due of this playing CH with vanilla became much harder than intended
User avatar
Hege Cactus
 
Joined: 19 Feb 2014

Re: [WIP]Colourful Hell 0.942b Abyssal fill up

Postby a.dusty.taco » Fri Aug 03, 2018 2:28 pm

I like the EX bosses. I used to think the Black imp was kinda easy.... Until I met THREE EX Black imps in one room.... I'm a little scared to see anything else now.
a.dusty.taco
 
Joined: 25 Jul 2017

Re: [WIP]Colourful Hell 0.942b Abyssal fill up

Postby Hege Cactus » Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:34 am

a.dusty.taco wrote:I like the EX bosses. I used to think the Black imp was kinda easy.... Until I met THREE EX Black imps in one room.... I'm a little scared to see anything else now.


Yeh, thats what the EX bosses are for



So I just want to promote something amazing that popped up in discord channel of Colourful Hell:

Custom difficulty add on made by itsmedoggo
Download

made a custom difficulty addon for colourful hell. it adds a submenu to the ch settings that allows adjusting the spawn weights of every monster, and only affects the game when the "custom" difficulty is chosen.



Basicly, this mod add on will allow for the solo colour runs many people have been requesting, since I myself haven't gotten that far yet to make that happen in CH itself.
I highly recommend giving it a spin! Doggo did a really great job on it




Spoiler:
User avatar
Hege Cactus
 
Joined: 19 Feb 2014

Re: [WIP]Colourful Hell 0.942b Abyssal fill up

Postby PFL » Wed Aug 29, 2018 2:36 pm

The mod keeps on getting better; great work. I just want to share my feelings about the updated Black Revenant; unbeatable. There is now a third party showing at the same time with the second and I had no choice left but to cheat. I was having a good time with them before but now it's ridiculous. I kept receiving a LOAD of blue flying demons while I was trying to avoid the other one and got beaten to death in a second. This is even more unfair than Benelus is. I will play my older versions since this is not playable for me. I'll see how it turns out in further releases.
PFL
 
Joined: 28 Jul 2008
Location: .ca

Re: [WIP]Colourful Hell 0.942b Abyssal fill up

Postby a.dusty.taco » Wed Aug 29, 2018 5:20 pm

PFL wrote:The mod keeps on getting better; great work. I just want to share my feelings about the updated Black Revenant; unbeatable. There is now a third party showing at the same time with the second and I had no choice left but to cheat. I was having a good time with them before but now it's ridiculous. I kept receiving a LOAD of blue flying demons while I was trying to avoid the other one and got beaten to death in a second. This is even more unfair than Benelus is. I will play my older versions since this is not playable for me. I'll see how it turns out in further releases.


Are you sure it was a EX version? He didn't seem much different when I fought him.
a.dusty.taco
 
Joined: 25 Jul 2017

PreviousNext

Return to Gameplay Mods

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Ahrefs [Bot], Brohnesorge, Combine_Kegan, Discord [Bot], Medicris, Shadez12, Somagu and 16 guests