Colourful Hell 1.01 fix fix tweak tweak

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

What do with black shotgun spawn?

Poll ended at Fri Feb 19, 2016 7:24 am

keep as they are
No votes
modify a little for ranged options
No votes
Remake the crew for better variance
29%
Remake with focus on the leader as the boss
71%
Rehaul and scrap the concept, make something else shotgunny instead
No votes

Total votes: 7

4thcharacter

Re: [WIP]Colourful Hell 0.90 terror and gibs

Post by 4thcharacter »

dljosef wrote:
4thcharacter wrote:I'm actually writing my own complete with some tidbits like damagetypes and notable item drops. And most importantly, strategy. But the progress has been slowed down lately. I'm now on the Mancubus group. Also, that guide is heavily related to DoomRL and a personal project of mine.
Well then. I'm working on one more related to Legendoom and the Omni-shield minimod.
Since it will be given to some select few I guess it's good to write your own if you want to since mine's closely related to DoomRL (some monsters from there are included), still I try to make it generalized as possible.
Hege Cactus

Post by Hege Cactus »

Go right a head with the beastiaries!

Those are very welcome, I once made a mini one myself back in the day, but it was pretty non serious and only was useful for the weaknesses part, not to mention its pretty outdated now.
Spaceman333

Post by Spaceman333 »

Hege Cactus wrote:
Spaceman333 wrote:Can larger monsters gib too? (barons, fatsos, spiders, bosses, etc)
Not yet, Fatsos have had seperated deaths for a while tho, but I will aim to improve it soon.
I'll aim to add HK & Barons gibbing, spider gibs, fatso improvement and cybie gibbing in the next patch, I am unsure on spidermastermind tho.

Black & white tier bosses dont have gibbing and probably won't cause they are powerful enough that killing them alone should be satisfying enough.
Sweet, I'm excited for the full spectrum of gibs to be added for this mod. :D
The satisfying feeling that gibs add to the gameplay is so significant that previously I had mostly overlooked this mod until I saw gibs being added to it too.

Is there any chance for making non-gibbed corpses to be made shootable and gibbable too?
(Or a crush state that would gib ungibbed corpses if a door slams on top of them?)

It would be super satisfying to take down a black & white tier monsters, then blast their corpse into gibs to cement the player's victory over them, especially as a satisfying moment of revenge if they had almost managed to kill the player prior.
Machine-Reaper

Post by Machine-Reaper »

Spaceman333 wrote: Is there any chance for making non-gibbed corpses to be made shootable and gibbable too?
(Or a crush state that would gib ungibbed corpses if a door slams on top of them?)

It would be super satisfying to take down a black & white tier monsters, then blast their corpse into gibs to cement the player's victory over them, especially as a satisfying moment of revenge if they had almost managed to kill the player prior.
That would be going Brutal Doom over them and I don't think this mod would support that.
dljosef

Post by dljosef »

And my recommended weapon effects from Legendoom.
Spoiler:
Slax
... in rememberance ...

Post by Slax »

Black shotgunners. Black shotgunners. Black shotgunners.
Please let them be in a big room so I can just run past them. ARRRRGH! IT HURTS!

(Don't get me wrong. I don't mind KILLYOUINTHEFACE enemies.)
dljosef

Post by dljosef »

The Omni-shield mod REALLY helps with the really nasty encounters. (Especially those really nasty enemies like the white archvile)

Anyways, the White Chaingunner enemy was really annoying in the "Can't get anywhere near 'em" fashion. And I found that her minions spawns tend to get stuck in walls and outside of the map.
Ryuhi

Post by Ryuhi »

bees tend to be either obnoxiously hard to deal with in open areas, or a cakewalk to a half dozen free backpacks in enclosed areas. Since some mods have more DoT effects to help with crowd control, it would be nice if they played nicer with such and maybe had a higher pain chance to go along with them

I only mention this for people who pair the mod with Guncaster, Trailblazer, ProjectMSX, or any other mods with rapid fire suppression weapons.
ErrantMasa
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Post by ErrantMasa »

One run's RNG went insane with giving me black shotgunners (I think 3-4 times in the episode).

I've also once rolled black zombie+black shotgunner+white shotgunner (praise be to Saint Benellus!) on e1m1 (with DoomRLA)!
Jojo_195

Post by Jojo_195 »

How do I kill the white archvile? Do I have to shoot him normally or kill all his ghosts? does he spawn infinite ghosts? can he resurrect ghosts of imps as ghosts again?
Overlord

Post by Overlord »

Jojo_195 wrote:How do I kill the white archvile? Do I have to shoot him normally or kill all his ghosts? does he spawn infinite ghosts? can he resurrect ghosts of imps as ghosts again?
him
namsan
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by namsan »

New gibs are just great.
But I realized... they are fading too fast.
If gibs touch ground, they will disappear like nothing happened.
Can you make gibs persistent, or remain for 30-60 seconds?
I love to watch colorful messy aftermath.
bowserknight

Post by bowserknight »

Hey there, just wanted to say I really love this wad! Also, I'll be doing a full playthrough of "1monster.wad" with this activated and will post it on youtube. So far it's very fun but the very first map was actually the hardest for now lol, it just has the weak Zombies but there's also almost no room to hide, no other weapons than the pistol and very little health. It's really hard to survive the stronger versions... especially the red Zombie can be pretty unfair, in my opinion the Berserk pack should drop everytime you kill him, not just a random chance. Unless you manage to not get hit by him at all, you'll need any health you can get.
Ryuhi

Post by Ryuhi »

bowserknight wrote:Hey there, just wanted to say I really love this wad! Also, I'll be doing a full playthrough of "1monster.wad" with this activated and will post it on youtube. So far it's very fun but the very first map was actually the hardest for now lol, it just has the weak Zombies but there's also almost no room to hide, no other weapons than the pistol and very little health. It's really hard to survive the stronger versions... especially the red Zombie can be pretty unfair, in my opinion the Berserk pack should drop everytime you kill him, not just a random chance. Unless you manage to not get hit by him at all, you'll need any health you can get.
mods like these usually arent made with other specific gameplay mods in mind, if you want to modify it to work better with another mod, making a patch file in slade with your changes is usually the best way

that said it DOES work really well with a lot of them, like trailblazer and high noon drifter :D
bowserknight

Post by bowserknight »

Ryuhi wrote:mods like these usually arent made with other specific gameplay mods in mind, if you want to modify it to work better with another mod, making a patch file in slade with your changes is usually the best way

that said it DOES work really well with a lot of them, like trailblazer and high noon drifter :D
1monster isn't a gameplay mod, it's just maps where there's only 1 type of enemy in each map (map01 only has Zombie, map02 Imps...) and I think that actually works very well with Colourful Hell, don't know why it shouldn't. It makes that wad actually more interesting. But yeah I admit, giving the red Zombies a guaranteed Berserk would make it a little too easy.

If anyone's interested, I've already done the first few maps, just gotta upload them. Too bad the bosses are practically impossible on the first maps.
Spoiler:

Return to “Gameplay Mods”