Colourful Hell 1.01 fix fix tweak tweak

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

What do with black shotgun spawn?

Poll ended at Fri Feb 19, 2016 7:24 am

keep as they are
No votes
modify a little for ranged options
No votes
Remake the crew for better variance
29%
Remake with focus on the leader as the boss
71%
Rehaul and scrap the concept, make something else shotgunny instead
No votes

Total votes: 7

marina2

Re: [WIP]Colourful Hell 0.86 more toggle

Post by marina2 »

Some comments on black enemies...
Spoiler:
Talon1024

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Talon1024 »

marina2 wrote:Black Spider Mastermind - ... considering how rare she is used in any WAD nowadays...
Back to Saturn X Episode 1 Map07 "Metal Mothers" has 5+ Spider Masterminds(!).
nakkemake

Post by nakkemake »

Please make white monsters. Prettyyyy pleasee. :wub: :wub:
Cryomundus

Post by Cryomundus »

Alright, I've been holding onto this for way, WAY too damn long. Just keep in mind this is from version 0.77, and I've not had any time thanks to work to actually do more with this so it's incredibly WIP.

wanted to check something, I'll put it back up later

That being said, this is built with Hae-lin in mind. OH. Right you need demonsteele to run this too. I HIGHLY recommend playing with 6 health tokens or more as this is BIG step up from the standard demonsteel difficulty.

Oh, and I sincerelykindofbutalsonotreally apologize for what I did to the Blackened variants. Have fun! :3

Edit: Oh, and yes, I did ask Term and Hege if it was ok to make this. That was also about 1 year or so ago so I hope this is still okay.
Hege Cactus

Post by Hege Cactus »

whuh lot of stuff going on in here recently
is it possible to get it working on zandorum?
Unfortunantly no cause zandronum is so much behind on the features
I did want to make this work with zandro back in the day but cause of the confusion with the differences I wasnt able make a head or tails with feature switch arounds and all the haxtothemax to mimic the newer features that I use in this mod

Granted, if someone has the patience to make a zandro working version, even if it strips some behaviors I'd gladly accept that as a side version to update cause I'd love to make this mod have more multiplayer shenigans, specially for the bosses, cause I know the zdoom multiplayer has userfriendliness and other issues compared to zandro which makes it undesireable option.
I HAVE FOLLOWING ERROR WHILE RUNNING COLOURFULL HELL WITH Z DOOM GIT BUILD LATEST VERSION
Script error, "ColourfullHell86.pk3:decorate/imps" line 322:
Invalid state parameter a_facemovementdirection

CAN YOU PLEASE PROVIDE A SOLUTION OR EARLIER COPY WORKING WITH LATEST GIT BUILD OF Z DOOM
Use the stable release of 2.8.1
Whatever version you have has either changed that feature or it doesnt exist there.
Here's the Guncaster Patch

Hope you'll enjoy it :)
Sweet! I looked through this a bit and I like some of the stuff in there and the little tidbits in the new obituaries made me smirk
I kinda like some of the little polishes and the like, they seem pretty alright, like the sounds, I am actually tempted to want use some of it to polish the main mod itself a little if that would be okay.
(tho hunting down the direct sources for some of the materials seems it could be bit annoying)
I Encountered the God Of Shotguns, What is the Sorcery?
Just that~
Some comments on black enemies...
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Please make white monsters. Prettyyyy pleasee.
I'm already on it, just some patience.
I aim to have two new whites on the next version
Alright, I've been holding onto this for way, WAY too damn long. Just keep in mind this is from version 0.77, and I've not had any time thanks to work to actually do more with this so it's incredibly WIP.

wanted to check something, I'll put it back up later

That being said, this is built with Hae-lin in mind. OH. Right you need demonsteele to run this too. I HIGHLY recommend playing with 6 health tokens or more as this is BIG step up from the standard demonsteel difficulty.

Oh, and I sincerelykindofbutalsonotreally apologize for what I did to the Blackened variants. Have fun! :3

Edit: Oh, and yes, I did ask Term and Hege if it was ok to make this. That was also about 1 year or so ago so I hope this is still okay.
Oooh shit, I almost forgot all about this! and hell yeah I'm more than just OK with this!
I am gonna have lot of fun with this cause demonsteele is one of my favorite mods~
Cryomundus

Post by Cryomundus »

Sorry about that, wanted to fix/add/check one or two extremely minor things.

Here's the link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/cpk3q ... icArmy.pk3

Once again, any version of Demonsteele, and use Hae-lin. Oh and load this after Demonsteele too, you might want ZDL/ZDE for that.

Oh, and I recommend using JPHUD with this to see how much hp a monster has: http://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=46204

If you use Shihong, you will have an absolutely AWFUL time, as she is nowhere near quick enough to handle these monsters.

Also, CHANGELOGGY STUFF.
Spoiler:
Truvix

Post by Truvix »

So I hate to be THAT guy, but I've got to ask how progress is coming along since there hasn't been much activity in this thread recently. I just wanted to ask since this mod is a lot of fun so far, so I'm just hoping progress hasn't come to a complete halt. Also, just out of curiosity, how much more needs to be done before the mod becomes an official 1.0 release, since I don't know how many of the mobs still don't have black or white variants.

Also, unrelated, but just wanted to say that out of all of the encounters I've had so far, I think the red Mancubus and the orange Baron may be the overall most deadly encounters outside of a black or white encounter. I've only encountered them in fairly open areas, but I could easily see getting torn apart by DoT if you're unfortunate enough to fight them in a small arena or a corridor.
Hege Cactus

Post by Hege Cactus »

Truvix wrote:So I hate to be THAT guy, but I've got to ask how progress is coming along since there hasn't been much activity in this thread recently. I just wanted to ask since this mod is a lot of fun so far, so I'm just hoping progress hasn't come to a complete halt. Also, just out of curiosity, how much more needs to be done before the mod becomes an official 1.0 release, since I don't know how many of the mobs still don't have black or white variants.

Also, unrelated, but just wanted to say that out of all of the encounters I've had so far, I think the red Mancubus and the orange Baron may be the overall most deadly encounters outside of a black or white encounter. I've only encountered them in fairly open areas, but I could easily see getting torn apart by DoT if you're unfortunate enough to fight them in a small arena or a corridor.
Well I have had few things on progress however I had lot of IRL stuff that made me really, really busy.
I'ts not at halt, dont worry about that. I just got bit busy.

I actually have a list of monsters that still lack their variants on my resource topic that is even more dead than this thread but yeah

THINGS ARE COMING. PATIENCE
4thcharacter

Post by 4thcharacter »

I've been noticing that green SG's projectiles go through walls because they have only 1 radius. Is this intentional?
Miguel371xd

Post by Miguel371xd »

Work with zandronum? :v gzdoom not work for me :l
Rowsol

Post by Rowsol »

Probably with Zan 3.0.
nakkemake

Post by nakkemake »

Miguel371xd wrote:Work with zandronum? :v gzdoom not work for me :l
Try different build of gzdoom
ericbmw

Post by ericbmw »

For a black tier archvile can you make it shoot out blackhole each time it spots the player. This sadistic idea I had might make this little bit extreme but fun at the same time. :twisted:
Hege Cactus

Post by Hege Cactus »

For a black tier archvile can you make it shoot out blackhole each time it spots the player. This sadistic idea I had might make this little bit extreme but fun at the same time.
Eeehh, will see.
Work with zandronum? :v gzdoom not work for me :l
Too outdated, try stable zdoom or gzdoom build
I've been noticing that green SG's projectiles go through walls because they have only 1 radius. Is this intentional?
No, thanks for noticing it!

Eitherway...
Update time!

Significant changes;
-Added option to limit or raise armor & health bonus drops
-White Zombieman is in, oh goodie!
-Legendoom and doomrla option compat added
-Fixed some little thingies here and there
-Boss announces now log into the console
4thcharacter

Re: [WIP]Colourful Hell 0.87 taken under

Post by 4thcharacter »

Oh goodie indeed. I have some tons of stuff to do then..

Return to “Gameplay Mods”