Colourful Hell 1.01 fix fix tweak tweak

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

What do with black shotgun spawn?

Poll ended at Fri Feb 19, 2016 7:24 am

keep as they are
No votes
modify a little for ranged options
No votes
Remake the crew for better variance
29%
Remake with focus on the leader as the boss
71%
Rehaul and scrap the concept, make something else shotgunny instead
No votes

Total votes: 7

Hege Cactus

Re: [WIP]Colourful Hell 0.85 on a highhorse

Post by Hege Cactus »

4thcharacter wrote:Note: Ignore the above poster.

Also, the game crashed again on Whitemare 2 on the same map. This time it happened after killing some spectres that are summoned by the white HK's. It crashed when after they dropped some goodies. The crash made me restart my computer because I can't close GZDoom even with task manager.

EDIT: Retried it again and the crash doesn't repeat unlike the changemap+autosave problem. No crash reports, it just hanged.
Oh that is probably all my fault there, I just noticed that the white HK's spectres drop Rocket instead of RocketAmmo so if a mod doesnt use rockets/replaces them with something completely different, then WHOOPS
Deviluke Roy

Post by Deviluke Roy »

Well, I was playing this with Dump 2 and it was really fun! I see there's no nazi replacements (or replacements for the Evil marines, and beta skulls, but who uses them anyway), but all the others have replacement, and it was really fun. I didn't notice any bugs.

Edit, I just saw that spectres drop rockets. That's cool.
4thcharacter

Post by 4thcharacter »

Hege Cactus wrote:Oh that is probably all my fault there, I just noticed that the white HK's spectres drop Rocket instead of RocketAmmo so if a mod doesnt use rockets/replaces them with something completely different, then WHOOPS
Aww, my post got deleted. I was saying in the deleted post to keep the HK's spectre's ability to leave a live rocket when it dies for flavor's sake and makes the specters summoned by the white HK's much more Silent Hill-esque (and maybe Sims) symbolic (You can kill demons with rockets at e1m8). More importantly the crash wasn't caused by the dropped live rockets.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

4thcharacter wrote:Aww, my post got deleted.
Sorry, I was really just getting to the point where I was annihilating entire pages to get rid of the problem. I may have accidentally tagged your post for splitting.
Trusty McLegit

Post by Trusty McLegit »

Hege Cactus wrote:So the issue was resolved regarding the crash, it seemed to have to do with scripting change in the newer versions of the devbuild that caused purple mancubis secondary attack hitscan move crash cause of the skipped bulletpuff, read the bug thread for more info..

Basically, this won't occur in the stable releases that are currently out.
So if bugs like these pop out in the future, make sure you check if you're using a devbuild or stable one first.
Wait, so is this fixed for future dev builds? It sounds like you're saying this will only work in stable releases. Or am I reading this wrong?
Edward-san

Post by Edward-san »

I have something to report. Under rare circumstances, the ACS function ProjInt_Brute calls FixedSqrt with a negative value. This can be noticed in the console (err actually this can be seen in linux terminals, not sure about windows), which reports sometimes "_sqrt domain error".

How to reproduce:

open doom2 map06, activate god mode and notarget, go to the mastermind large area. Summon the CommonCybie and wake it up by attacking it. Use the fly command and go to the ceiling in any angle, for example the north-east one and let the cyber attack you.
Morter

Post by Morter »

Okay yeah this game has a problem with me attacking purple mancubi sometimes
Attachments
CrashReport.zip
(20.21 KiB) Downloaded 28 times
Trusty McLegit

Post by Trusty McLegit »

When a white or black monster is spawned, it says a thing about it at the beginning of the map, but it goes away quickly and is hard to read in time. That said it could be intrusive if you left it up much longer, so could you log the text in the console so we can read it if we chose?
KILLER2

Post by KILLER2 »

Agreed, good idea.
Hege Cactus

Post by Hege Cactus »

Aww, my post got deleted. I was saying in the deleted post to keep the HK's spectre's ability to leave a live rocket when it dies for flavor's sake and makes the specters summoned by the white HK's much more Silent Hill-esque (and maybe Sims) symbolic (You can kill demons with rockets at e1m8). More importantly the crash wasn't caused by the dropped live rockets.
...I rather not, its un intentional, not really fun and can cause issues. So sorry, but no, bad idea.
Wait, so is this fixed for future dev builds? It sounds like you're saying this will only work in stable releases. Or am I reading this wrong?
I dont know, it might be? Atleast the bug report was marked with fixed.
But latest stable release should work. (as in the 2.8.1 that is NOT devbuild)
I have something to report. Under rare circumstances, the ACS function ProjInt_Brute calls FixedSqrt with a negative value. This can be noticed in the console (err actually this can be seen in linux terminals, not sure about windows), which reports sometimes "_sqrt domain error".

How to reproduce:

open doom2 map06, activate god mode and notarget, go to the mastermind large area. Summon the CommonCybie and wake it up by attacking it. Use the fly command and go to the ceiling in any angle, for example the north-east one and let the cyber attack you.
Oh, I think this might have to do with the projectile intercept script by scroton,
I unfortunately do not know how to fix this cause that script goes beyond my abilities
I think if it happens a lot, temporary mix could be done by toggleing the script off.
it can be toggled off with typing this to console: toggle ch_intercept
Okay yeah this game has a problem with me attacking purple mancubi sometimes
Once more, I do not know how to read these crash reports, does this happen with stable builds?
Does it happen with you hurting them or mancubi trying to use their alternative attack?

If its you hurting them, then its a new bug and I recommend reporting it to the bug report forum, if its the purple mancubi shooting at you, its the same old bug as from before.
When a white or black monster is spawned, it says a thing about it at the beginning of the map, but it goes away quickly and is hard to read in time. That said it could be intrusive if you left it up much longer, so could you log the text in the console so we can read it if we chose?
Oh! I've completely forgot to do this, this has been on my to do list for ages
Will do.
Spoiler:
Morter

Post by Morter »

Oh sorry, I missed you saying you couldn't read those.

Anyway, it's not on a stable build of GZdoom, but a "Git" build. Me or something damaging the purple mancubi tends to do it.

I guess i'll also try to post a bug in the gzdoom forums, thanks.
Hege Cactus

Re: [WIP]Colourful Hell 0.86 more toggle

Post by Hege Cactus »

Version .86 is up

Has the remade shotgunner in it and now comes with toggleable options!
Just remember your load orders and so on with other mods, cause options tend to overwrite each other which is lame, luckily cvar settings seem to transfer over
Spoiler:
Trusty McLegit

Post by Trusty McLegit »

I can confirm that the game crashes are fixed in the dev builds as of today :D
4thcharacter

Post by 4thcharacter »

There seems to be a sprite conflict with a cacodemon from one of the projectiles coming from the Black Shotgunner crew leader's bombardment strike if you look around closely. I don't know what that actor is for the moment though.
Hege Cactus

Post by Hege Cactus »

I can confirm that the game crashes are fixed in the dev builds as of today :D
Good to know!
4thcharacter wrote:There seems to be a sprite conflict with a cacodemon from one of the projectiles coming from the Black Shotgunner crew leader's bombardment strike if you look around closely. I don't know what that actor is for the moment though.
Spoiler:

Gonna see if I can squeeze out next patch somewhere in few weeks, there will be some more fun white variants ahoy; one bit more unique one that has a more effect on other monsters and a silly summoner concept that will probably cause a little agitation as those summons will focus on doing... other sort of fun than just being extra damage dealers.
And other silly shenigans as I continue fiddling with these menu options
Hoping to get the drops options sorted out atleast

Return to “Gameplay Mods”