Colourful Hell 1.01 fix fix tweak tweak

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

What do with black shotgun spawn?

Poll ended at Fri Feb 19, 2016 7:24 am

keep as they are
No votes
modify a little for ranged options
No votes
Remake the crew for better variance
29%
Remake with focus on the leader as the boss
71%
Rehaul and scrap the concept, make something else shotgunny instead
No votes

Total votes: 7

Apeirogon

Re: [WIP]Colourful Hell 0.91 garbage day

Post by Apeirogon »

Health bar that simple jp mod friendly sets for vertical health bar.
About spawn preset...I dont get how "pull out" spawn preset in a separate file, so that the unaltered mod will pick up new data.

UPD
Nah, all work. It just my uncontrollable wish add some new monster, like cheshire cacodemon at place white cacodemon, and randomize all actors features, like speed/health/damage/radius/height/sound/etc, break all code.

Download in ZDL after unchanged version of colorhell
http://rgho.st/8XlJNywP8
4thcharacter

Post by 4thcharacter »

Machine-Reaper wrote:
4thcharacter wrote: Oh, but we're not talking about that. That's not boss rush. A boss rush is where you fight every single type of bosses one by one in a row and as you kill them another will come. In Colorful Hell's case, as you a defeat black/white monster, another one will come until you've fought them all.
Seems rather quite easy where you have a W/B monster drop item on death which is another W/B monster and so forth. You have to kill them all until the last and their chance of spawning is the same as they regularly spawn BUT there also should be a mode where there only W/B monsters and the replace all the monsters in the level (Wonder how anybody will survive that)
The hitscan boss monsters in this mod seemed rather hard to me..
a.dusty.taco

Post by a.dusty.taco »

Machine-Reaper wrote:
4thcharacter wrote: Oh, but we're not talking about that. That's not boss rush. A boss rush is where you fight every single type of bosses one by one in a row and as you kill them another will come. In Colorful Hell's case, as you a defeat black/white monster, another one will come until you've fought them all.
Seems rather quite easy where you have a W/B monster drop item on death which is another W/B monster and so forth. You have to kill them all until the last and their chance of spawning is the same as they regularly spawn BUT there also should be a mode where there only W/B monsters and the replace all the monsters in the level (Wonder how anybody will survive that)
Disable monster spawns then start a new game. It will make ALL monsters spawn as B/W boss monsters. Warning death is faster than your trigger finger.
Nems
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Nems »

Just out of curiosity (and if you feel like divulging on details), what monsters remain for what tiers? I know everything up to Red tier has been implemented. I'm just curious as to what is left to implement for Black and White tiers. :P

Love this mod regardless. Always a blast to combine this with Trailblazer. <3
a.dusty.taco

Post by a.dusty.taco »

Nems wrote:Just out of curiosity (and if you feel like divulging on details), what monsters remain for what tiers? I know everything up to Red tier has been implemented. I'm just curious as to what is left to implement for Black and White tiers. :P

Love this mod regardless. Always a blast to combine this with Trailblazer. <3
It seems like all the monsters have a black and white tier but the cyberdemon, Mastermind, baron, mancubus, Rev, Caco don't have a white tier yet. Would certainly be interesting to see what they would be. I think "Maephisto" from realm667 would fit as a white cyberdemon perhaps. And maybe a white caco could be a lich (Also found on realm667) but will be cool to see what they turn out to be.
bowserknight

Post by bowserknight »

For the remaining monsters... how about adding the Angel of Death from Doom X as one of the white bosses? Maybe the white Revenant or Cybie. I just always really loved that monster and would love to see it again in some other form, since you already brought in the white Archvile boss from that mod.
Apeirogon

Post by Apeirogon »

Nems wrote:what monsters remain for what tiers?
Only white.
Spoiler:
nakkemake

Post by nakkemake »

Apeirogon wrote:
Just a regular gameplay at reguar map.

Disclaimer
Don't Try This at Home!!!

https://youtu.be/XJjO2anrM6w

https://youtu.be/Uz1vCWXenKw

PS. If someone know how make ffmpeg record video, please write me
Russian overkill makes this mod boring imo.
bowserknight

Post by bowserknight »

So lately I've been having tons of fun with playing this mod with the "Drown in Blood" map pack and other slaughter maps just for fun. I've noticed a few little things that I wanted to point out:

-the green Baron for some reason won't stop vomiting those green things until you hurt him. Not even hiding behind walls helps, he just keeps on going
-the black Vile eyes still persist after killing him, sometimes :(
-small, spawning enemies often get stuck inside walls (like red wraiths from red Cyberdemon, spiders from white Arachnotron etc.)

There's one more thing but I guess you can't really do anything about it, and it's also pretty rare. But if there's an orange Archvile inside a warping room, many times its orange orbs will warp into the room instead of the Archvile itself. This also happens with monsters that spawn with "servants".

Apart from those things I really love the new patch. And again, I'd love to see the Angel of Death from "Doom X" make an appearance for one of the boss versions (with white colors of course). It could fit for white Mastermind because of its chainguns, even though it has a human-like model which doesn't fit the spider theme. It might also be cool for the white Cyberdemon, Baron or Revenant due to its rather human stature.
4thcharacter

Post by 4thcharacter »

bowserknight wrote:And again, I'd love to see the Angel of Death from "Doom X" make an appearance for one of the boss versions (with white colors of course). It could fit for white Mastermind because of its chainguns, even though it has a human-like model which doesn't fit the spider theme. It might also be cool for the white Cyberdemon, Baron or Revenant due to its rather human stature.
The White Revenant would be a lich according to Hege and it would be using an edited version of the Heresiarch that will look more undead-like and bony. But it seems like the Angel of Death from Doom X would do better so I agree with that suggestion of putting it as a White Revenant since it's sprite, color and overall looks fit very well.
bowserknight

Post by bowserknight »

4thcharacter wrote:The White Revenant would be a lich according to Hege and it would be using an edited version of the Heresiarch that will look more undead-like and bony. But it seems like the Angel of Death from Doom X would do better so I agree with that suggestion of putting it as a White Revenant since it's sprite, color and overall looks fit very well.
Good to know I'm not the only one who thinks that way! But sounds like he's already made the decision and I don't mind that, Heresiarch is also pretty awesome. I just love the Angel of Death that's all :P Did a handful of videos with them.
Spoiler:
a.dusty.taco

Post by a.dusty.taco »

bowserknight wrote:
4thcharacter wrote:The White Revenant would be a lich according to Hege and it would be using an edited version of the Heresiarch that will look more undead-like and bony. But it seems like the Angel of Death from Doom X would do better so I agree with that suggestion of putting it as a White Revenant since it's sprite, color and overall looks fit very well.
Good to know I'm not the only one who thinks that way! But sounds like he's already made the decision and I don't mind that, Heresiarch is also pretty awesome. I just love the Angel of Death that's all :P Did a handful of videos with them.
Spoiler:
I made multiple attempts to find this "Angel of death" and was not able to find it in any mod. I searched for Doom X and did not find anything on it. Although i seen a few interesting things i could not find the proper wad to see the angel of death myself. If you could plz leave a link to the wad with the angel of death.
bowserknight

Post by bowserknight »

a.dusty.taco wrote:I made multiple attempts to find this "Angel of death" and was not able to find it in any mod. I searched for Doom X and did not find anything on it. Although i seen a few interesting things i could not find the proper wad to see the angel of death myself. If you could plz leave a link to the wad with the angel of death.
oh maybe they cancelled the project and removed all download links or something... I once had it myself, don't know if I still do but I'll look. Have you not seen the enemy at all, in a video or something? Or do you just want to have its data / fight him on your own?

EDIT: As it seems, the author removed the download links because he wanted to add more to the Angel of Death but the "improved" version never came out (yet). And I don't have the files myself either, anymore :-/ But maybe Hege Cactus has it since he created the white Archvile boss who is also one of the monsters from Doom X.

Either way, if you just wanna see him gameplay-wise, here's one of the videos I made with him, playing an original Doom 2 map. He replaces all Hellknights and Barons if I remember right.
Spoiler:
Thormjolnir

Post by Thormjolnir »

So probably dumb question (just made this account for this exact question) is this co-op friendly?
4thcharacter

Post by 4thcharacter »

There is a multiplayer version for coop that has grey and FIREBLU colored monsters. As for the Angel of Death, it may be impossible, since Hege likely got the White Archvile from Realm667 and used the Flesh Wizard as a base from the resource there.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”