Colourful Hell 1.01 fix fix tweak tweak

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

What do with black shotgun spawn?

Poll ended at Fri Feb 19, 2016 7:24 am

keep as they are
No votes
modify a little for ranged options
No votes
Remake the crew for better variance
29%
Remake with focus on the leader as the boss
71%
Rehaul and scrap the concept, make something else shotgunny instead
No votes

Total votes: 7

Apeirogon

Re: [WIP]Colourful Hell 0.91 garbage day

Post by Apeirogon »

Cyberdemon2006 wrote:Hate to break this to you
but your CH options menu seems to have vanished and I think I know who is responsible
One drunk old man from tavern near city gate say that it because you update you gzdoom to version 3.2, which prevent changing option menu.
But who belive to the story of alcohol intoxicated noname...
tchkb

Post by tchkb »

I've finished every Plutonia map turning all monsters into a particular color. Here are two videos of Red monster only maps. Red bosses and player tracking disabled because I suffered from them enough in the past.
Full list with times in case anyone's curious:
Spoiler:
Managed to save scum 12 on Red, 24 on Yellow, 29 on Purple and all Greens on Blue, but ran out of patience when trying to do proper single segment runs of them.
Unfortunately I can't really post any demos that would work for everyone. I've made this work by making 5 copies of the original pk3 with DECORATE files edited by only letting randomspawners give enemies of a particular color. I tried making an extra mod archive with randomspawn actors that would replace either Colourful Hell's randomspawners or the original Doom 2 actors, but CH's randomspawners always overrided mine no matter what I did.
Hege Cactus

Post by Hege Cactus »

Find a bug playing with trailblazer barrels of freedom .
I'm a bit confused here, can you be more specific?
I also found a glitch/bug/exploit with some boss monsters (white/black) from this hack. Some boss monsters don't react to hits from other monsters, in other words, they never seem to infight with anybody except the player. This can be used to your advantage if you make other monsters be mad at the boss, then you can just hide around the corner and wait until they kill the boss themselves. Pretty funny sometimes, happened to me like 3 times.

Here I uploaded a video of Claustrophobia1024 II, map 31 where it happened to me with the white Imp. The gas from the green Pain Elementals somehow managed to make the other Imps kill the white one. Wasn't even intentional lol.
White Imp has been odd when it comes to infighting, I'll try tweak his priorities a little
Hate to break this to you
but your CH options menu seems to have vanished and I think I know who is responsible
I heard! I recall someone tossed me a patch for it in discord, I need to dig that up and add that in
I've finished every Plutonia map turning all monsters into a particular color. Here are two videos of Red monster only maps. Red bosses and player tracking disabled because I suffered from them enough in the past.
Full list with times in case anyone's curious:

Managed to save scum 12 on Red, 24 on Yellow, 29 on Purple and all Greens on Blue, but ran out of patience when trying to do proper single segment runs of them.
Unfortunately I can't really post any demos that would work for everyone. I've made this work by making 5 copies of the original pk3 with DECORATE files edited by only letting randomspawners give enemies of a particular color. I tried making an extra mod archive with randomspawn actors that would replace either Colourful Hell's randomspawners or the original Doom 2 actors, but CH's randomspawners always overrided mine no matter what I did.
Oh geez those vids, with vanilla weapons no less? you impressive mad man!
(I loved the little "nope nope" screen shaking in the red cybie fight)

I think you can override the CH spawners with correct load order, but I am not too big of an expert on load order stuff

I do eventually plan to make it so you can disable and enable tier spawns within the mod, but thats still just planning stage
nologyn

Post by nologyn »

When playing this mod with Trailblazer I find that using "Nutcracker" Rifle alt fire against barons and hell knights it shows barrel sprite then they die .
Spoiler:
Hege Cactus

Post by Hege Cactus »

nologyn wrote:When playing this mod with Trailblazer I find that using "Nutcracker" Rifle alt fire against barons and hell knights it shows barrel sprite then they die .
Spoiler:
...That's bizarre.
..Very bizarre.
Must be some sort of sprite overlap
bowserknight

Post by bowserknight »

Another map of Claustrophobia1024 II done, another "bug" found or whatever it is. Some monsters seem to not be able to walk over teleport lines, even though they are the same size as other colors. I walked over all the lines, opening up all the warping spots for the enemies but in the end I was still missing about 20 monsters because they got stuck. However this might also just be because of GZDoom itself, not because of this mod. I'm not sure tho. The map was also pretty crazy and lagged quite hard with my crappy laptop.

Tanksy

Post by Tanksy »

I wonder if this mod could be turned into a script that affects any monsters..
lwks

Post by lwks »

Can we have Smooth Colorful Hell? :3:
bowserknight

Post by bowserknight »

finally got myself a brandnew laptop that doesn't lag in most DOOM maps at all. Gonna play the shit out of some wads now with this mod and record it.
bowserknight

Post by bowserknight »

Sorry for double-posting, but I got a question. I'd like to make a little test-map where you can test out each version of each monster for myself, but I don't know much about how the codings etc. are and how everything works.

So, is it somehow possible to spawn a specific monster via Doombuilder 2? Like for example, I build a map with 3 simple rooms. In the first one, there's supposed to be an orange Imp, then a green Hellknight, and lastly a Purple Baron. Is there some way to build something like that? Because as far as I know, this mod only works with already existing monsters and changes them up afterwards, and it's not possible to set up a specific layout of monsters beforehand.

Also, something completely different: Can somebody explain to me how to avoid the scream of the white Archvile?! It hits no matter how far away I am from it and even if I stand behind walls or anything...
Hege Cactus

Post by Hege Cactus »

Another map of Claustrophobia1024 II done, another "bug" found or whatever it is. Some monsters seem to not be able to walk over teleport lines, even though they are the same size as other colors. I walked over all the lines, opening up all the warping spots for the enemies but in the end I was still missing about 20 monsters because they got stuck. However this might also just be because of GZDoom itself, not because of this mod. I'm not sure tho. The map was also pretty crazy and lagged quite hard with my crappy laptop.
Sometimes they do that and I am equally confused on as to why, Ive been going through their hit boxes and stuff but havent found a reasoning.
I wonder if this mod could be turned into a script that affects any monsters..
Maybe, but then it'd be dumbed down a lot to make it work.
Can we have Smooth Colorful Hell?
if someone makes a compat patch
Sorry for double-posting, but I got a question. I'd like to make a little test-map where you can test out each version of each monster for myself, but I don't know much about how the codings etc. are and how everything works.

So, is it somehow possible to spawn a specific monster via Doombuilder 2? Like for example, I build a map with 3 simple rooms. In the first one, there's supposed to be an orange Imp, then a green Hellknight, and lastly a Purple Baron. Is there some way to build something like that? Because as far as I know, this mod only works with already existing monsters and changes them up afterwards, and it's not possible to set up a specific layout of monsters beforehand.

Also, something completely different: Can somebody explain to me how to avoid the scream of the white Archvile?! It hits no matter how far away I am from it and even if I stand behind walls or anything...
This has been asked before but yes in a way. If you use the scripting tool within the doombuilder, you can assign switches to spawn certain enemies, tho there is a lot of em.
I could do that at some point tho its a bit tedious, yet it is quite requested thing so I should get on it eventually.

The scream should be avoidable by going out of line of sight, however, Ive been getting reports that this isnt the case always, which is odd
white vile will be tweaked a bit in the next update
bowserknight

Post by bowserknight »

About the Archvile, I noticed that if you IMMEDIATELY run behind a wall you can avoid its scream but it has to happen before the attack has started and most of the time you cannot react that fast. You more or less have to already be behind a wall when he does that.

Hmm I'm trying out some commands to spawn a green imp, using its actor name from in-game but I can't seem to load the pk3 file into Doombuilder 2... how do I load it as a ressource? I really have no idea how this works, I always get an error message when I try it.

EDIT: nevermind everything works, I just was dumb enough to forget the "..." on each actor name lol
bowserknight

Post by bowserknight »

Another double-post... but well, just wanted to say that I'm working on a little showcase map where you can choose a demon then have to fight each of its color one by one, just for fun and to test some things out. So far I've only completed the Imp path but I plan on doing this for every single monster even if it's tedious and needs scripts for every single encounter.
Hege Cactus

Post by Hege Cactus »

bowserknight wrote:Another double-post... but well, just wanted to say that I'm working on a little showcase map where you can choose a demon then have to fight each of its color one by one, just for fun and to test some things out. So far I've only completed the Imp path but I plan on doing this for every single monster even if it's tedious and needs scripts for every single encounter.
Well if you're gonna go through the trouble to make it, then oh my I would love to see the finished product

Pssst

guess what?
Happy new year!
VERSION 0.925

EDIT: HotFix!
There were sprite name inconsistansies, if you downloaded before this message appeared, redownload.
Edit: Hotfix #2
The baron spitting appereantly didnt get fixed well now it is for certain

Introducing:

White Cacodemon!
optional enemy tiers (off by default!)
And fixes.

full change log:
Spoiler:
Last edited by Hege Cactus on Sun Dec 31, 2017 5:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Nems
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: [WIP]Colourful Hell 0.925 Eye scream

Post by Nems »

:D
Spoiler:

Return to “Gameplay Mods”