Colourful Hell 1.01 fix fix tweak tweak

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

What do with black shotgun spawn?

Poll ended at Fri Feb 19, 2016 7:24 am

keep as they are
No votes
modify a little for ranged options
No votes
Remake the crew for better variance
29%
Remake with focus on the leader as the boss
71%
Rehaul and scrap the concept, make something else shotgunny instead
No votes

Total votes: 7

D3athStalker

Re: [WIP]Colourful Hell 0.94 Abyssal Encounter

Post by D3athStalker »

Rowsol wrote: I'm getting a lot of invalid state errors. Is this normal? Thanks for what appears to have been a lot of work.
I was too lazy to fix them, making the patch was headache inducing enough lol
Rowsol

Post by Rowsol »

Well, I have some unfortunate news. You're using the old "broken" drops he had in place.

DropItem "BackPack", 256, 8 isn't 8 backpacks, it's just one. This is fixed in the latest 0.94.

Even with this I'm still swimming in gold and ammo after just 2 small maps. CH has never been light on supplies but I can't help but wish drops were toned down a lot. Seeing as how this patch writes its own drops I see no reason why you couldn't (if you wanted) tailor the drops to a more sane level. For me this would go a long way in terms of replayability.
Last edited by Rowsol on Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
D3athStalker

Post by D3athStalker »

Rowsol wrote:Well, I have some unfortunate news. You're using the old "broken" drops he had in place.

DropItem "BackPack", 256, 8 isn't 8 backpacks, it's just one. This is fixed in the latest 0.94.
Thanks for notifying, I probably missed some of the earlier monsters before I started using v0.94 as references for drops and other stuff.
Rowsol

Post by Rowsol »

Come to think of it, why even have them drop items? You could keep the theme of them dropping gold, just up it for the higher tiers. I think that would make the most sense.
D3athStalker

Post by D3athStalker »

Rowsol wrote:Come to think of it, why even have them drop items? You could keep the theme of them dropping gold, just up it for the higher tiers. I think that would make the most sense.
Upper tiers actually drop higher amounts of dosh. Most of the boss-tier enemies even drop treasure chests.

But yeah, item drops sometimes get overwhelming, especially the ammo drops from boss minions. I can add a cvar which determines the chance of dropping items in the next update.
Hege Cactus

Post by Hege Cactus »

Heh, nice to see the compat patch still lives, shame I gotta give you more to patch in

Version 942 is up

Noticeable stuff in this version;

Most of the abyss monsters have gotten damage nerfs; around 10% damage nerf and larger damage randomization has been added
Due of the abyssals being already a real pain, I figured that their current damages are way too punishing to give player a chance to learn them properly, they still are a threat, dont get me wrong but now a slightly more fair threat

All optional tier are now filled
Granted, some of the fillers aren't the greatest but hey, its possible to now set solo tier runs with optional tiers using +nomonsters

Gray shotgunner + white zombie crash is fixed

All changes;
Spoiler:
a.dusty.taco

Post by a.dusty.taco »

Hege Cactus wrote:Heh, nice to see the compat patch still lives, shame I gotta give you more to patch in

Version 942 is up

Noticeable stuff in this version;

Most of the abyss monsters have gotten damage nerfs; around 10% damage nerf and larger damage randomization has been added
Due of the abyssals being already a real pain, I figured that their current damages are way too punishing to give player a chance to learn them properly, they still are a threat, dont get me wrong but now a slightly more fair threat

All optional tier are now filled
Granted, some of the fillers aren't the greatest but hey, its possible to now set solo tier runs with optional tiers using +nomonsters

Gray shotgunner + white zombie crash is fixed

All changes;
Spoiler:
Are gray shotgun guys supposed to be... Crouched? Their model seems a little... Squished. Same with the Firblu pinky. Just wondering.
Hege Cactus

Post by Hege Cactus »

a.dusty.taco wrote:
Are gray shotgun guys supposed to be... Crouched? Their model seems a little... Squished. Same with the Firblu pinky. Just wondering.
Gray shotgunners crouch when they see you at distance, I unfortunantly dont have proper sprite for them
and yes for the fireblu pinky, tho it is bit silly I know
Marisa the Magician
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her
Operating System Version (Optional): (btw I use) Arch
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: [WIP]Colourful Hell 0.942 Abyssal fill up

Post by Marisa the Magician »

Hey could you take a look at this thread for a moment?
a.dusty.taco

Post by a.dusty.taco »

Hege Cactus wrote:
a.dusty.taco wrote:
Gray shotgunners crouch when they see you at distance, I unfortunantly dont have proper sprite for them
Shotgunners crouching is neat. The pinky just surprised me but now it's kinda funny.
Hege Cactus

Post by Hege Cactus »

a.dusty.taco wrote:
Hege Cactus wrote:
a.dusty.taco wrote:
Shotgunners crouching is neat. The pinky just surprised me but now it's kinda funny.
Yeah, I attempted to make it look funny on purpose so people underestimate him

Also a hotfix release

-Added an option for rocket damage type
This was a big oversight cause I failed to realize that cyberdemon rockets and player rockets are shared
Due of this playing CH with vanilla became much harder than intended
a.dusty.taco

Re: [WIP]Colourful Hell 0.942b Abyssal fill up

Post by a.dusty.taco »

I like the EX bosses. I used to think the Black imp was kinda easy.... Until I met THREE EX Black imps in one room.... I'm a little scared to see anything else now.
Hege Cactus

Post by Hege Cactus »

a.dusty.taco wrote:I like the EX bosses. I used to think the Black imp was kinda easy.... Until I met THREE EX Black imps in one room.... I'm a little scared to see anything else now.
Yeh, thats what the EX bosses are for

So I just want to promote something amazing that popped up in discord channel of Colourful Hell:

Custom difficulty add on made by itsmedoggo
Download
made a custom difficulty addon for colourful hell. it adds a submenu to the ch settings that allows adjusting the spawn weights of every monster, and only affects the game when the "custom" difficulty is chosen.

Basicly, this mod add on will allow for the solo colour runs many people have been requesting, since I myself haven't gotten that far yet to make that happen in CH itself.
I highly recommend giving it a spin! Doggo did a really great job on it

Spoiler:
PFL

Post by PFL »

The mod keeps on getting better; great work. I just want to share my feelings about the updated Black Revenant; unbeatable. There is now a third party showing at the same time with the second and I had no choice left but to cheat. I was having a good time with them before but now it's ridiculous. I kept receiving a LOAD of blue flying demons while I was trying to avoid the other one and got beaten to death in a second. This is even more unfair than Benelus is. I will play my older versions since this is not playable for me. I'll see how it turns out in further releases.
a.dusty.taco

Post by a.dusty.taco »

PFL wrote:The mod keeps on getting better; great work. I just want to share my feelings about the updated Black Revenant; unbeatable. There is now a third party showing at the same time with the second and I had no choice left but to cheat. I was having a good time with them before but now it's ridiculous. I kept receiving a LOAD of blue flying demons while I was trying to avoid the other one and got beaten to death in a second. This is even more unfair than Benelus is. I will play my older versions since this is not playable for me. I'll see how it turns out in further releases.
Are you sure it was a EX version? He didn't seem much different when I fought him.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”