Colourful Hell 1.01 fix fix tweak tweak

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

What do with black shotgun spawn?

Poll ended at Fri Feb 19, 2016 7:24 am

keep as they are
No votes
modify a little for ranged options
No votes
Remake the crew for better variance
29%
Remake with focus on the leader as the boss
71%
Rehaul and scrap the concept, make something else shotgunny instead
No votes

Total votes: 7

Alptraum
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Re: [WIP]Colourful Hell 0.97ccc (+Beta 97D)

Post by Alptraum »

Ever thought of making a compat patch for Complex Doom or Brutal Doom :D ?
Last edited by Alptraum on Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
GoldenGuard95
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Modern GZDoom)

Post by GoldenGuard95 »

I hope youre joking...
Otherwise, why? Why the hell would you want that??? It would be like mixing fire with water.
will183
Operating System Version (Optional): Win-10

Post by will183 »

Alptraum wrote:Ever thought of making a compat patch for Complex Doom or Brutal Doom?
Please be joking, It's not going to happen.
Alptraum

Post by Alptraum »

I thought that as a joke, relax.
Machine-Reaper

Post by Machine-Reaper »

Brutal Doom maybe,

but Complex Doom does not have a version that only has weapons in it since the monsters are what Colouful Hell will replace.
Spoiler:
Hege Cactus

Post by Hege Cactus »

you can run em if you have version with only weapons, otherwise no dice

Beta test continues

now named brown beta
In this beta there are more changes and tweaks to few older enemies and more brown tier foes
in this beta you cannot turn off brown tier they are there to be tested afterall!
Brown tier enemies are support/distributive enemies that aim to try help other monsters and sabotage player

current brown tier enemies;
Zombieman, shotgunner, chaingunner, imp and hell knight

Changelog:
Spoiler:
MGE

Re: [WIP]Colourful Hell 0.97ccc (+brown Beta )

Post by MGE »

Hi, I'm a total n00b, but could someone point me in the right direction of getting CH to run in Multiplayer either LAN or over Internet? Even a short step by step text guide would help. I would be eternally grateful. :)
Nems
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Nems »

Really enjoying the beta so far. <3 Brown tier is a nice touch as well. Their crowd control attacks really force you to be aware of where you are. Otherwise, you'll get pushed back/around.
bowserknight

Post by bowserknight »

I've been inactive with this project for a while now so I might be missing a lot of new stuff, but I've gone back to working on my test map a little, updating a few things and I noticed something about the red Archvile.
I've never really messed around with the EX monsters so I'm not sure about this, but the red Archvile has an EX version, right? Or at least I I think it had one in the past. I ask because I found this weird other red Archvile with 1,480 HP and all it does is breathe fire at you, unless you're far away from it. Is this the "normal" version of it? I never really encountered that one before and thought the one with 3,200 HP was the normal one. I'm just a little confused what's up with that weaker one. Still have yet to try out the brown monsters.
Hege Cactus

Post by Hege Cactus »

MGE wrote:Hi, I'm a total n00b, but could someone point me in the right direction of getting CH to run in Multiplayer either LAN or over Internet? Even a short step by step text guide would help. I would be eternally grateful. :)
You should look into some of the guides on gzdoom multiplayer, its a bit of annoying at first but when you get the hang of it, it works alright
I dont know if zandronum has catched up with all the decorate functions yet
Really enjoying the beta so far. <3 Brown tier is a nice touch as well. Their crowd control attacks really force you to be aware of where you are. Otherwise, you'll get pushed back/around.
there will be more of em soon and more tweaks too
I've been inactive with this project for a while now so I might be missing a lot of new stuff, but I've gone back to working on my test map a little, updating a few things and I noticed something about the red Archvile.
I've never really messed around with the EX monsters so I'm not sure about this, but the red Archvile has an EX version, right? Or at least I I think it had one in the past. I ask because I found this weird other red Archvile with 1,480 HP and all it does is breathe fire at you, unless you're far away from it. Is this the "normal" version of it? I never really encountered that one before and thought the one with 3,200 HP was the normal one. I'm just a little confused what's up with that weaker one. Still have yet to try out the brown monsters.
Red monster special has been around before EX, it has an option for itself in the options
Both baron and archvile have boss and non boss versions
They mostly exist for some consistency and flavour

Anyway, brown beta 2:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/g7ejjk9y4m9g1 ... 2.pk3?dl=0

This mostly tweaks and adds more brown tier monsters to play with.
However there are few other tweaks too;

- You can now set yellow/orange revenants style! They can either be the classic which clips through walls, or you can set em to be combat mode which makes em faster, gives em a new attack, ditches the skulls and makes em not clip through walls, do note that the combat version is significantly faster and more aggressive, if you like em both, theres also option for random
-Purple chaingunner now is a bit more louder when firing
Rowsol

Post by Rowsol »

I thought the noclipping revenants were one of the most unique monsters in this. I did try out the newest beta previous to this and I was confused about the abyss option for markers. I had to read the code to realize it helps to notice incoming shots from abyss enemies.
Machine-Reaper

Post by Machine-Reaper »

say is there a possibility of having an ONLY Black and White variant of Monsters spawning option and no other colour variant?

its like where the spawn chance is the same as before like very very rare for a Black and White version to spawn, but no other colour variant will spawn besides these and monsters will remain vanilla.

like a Black & White only version of Colourful hell (Monochrome Hell)
fakemai
Graphics Processor: Intel (Legacy GZDoom)

Post by fakemai »

Isn't there that helper mod that allows you to adjust the spawn rates linked in the first post? If that doesn't work, you can edit the rates by hand. Extract the PK3 then in the decorate directory find any RandomSpawners.
Spoiler:
GZDoom lets you load directories as though they were WAD/PK3 files.
Machine-Reaper

Post by Machine-Reaper »

fakemai wrote:Isn't there that helper mod that allows you to adjust the spawn rates linked in the first post? If that doesn't work, you can edit the rates by hand. Extract the PK3 then in the decorate directory find any RandomSpawners.
Spoiler:
GZDoom lets you load directories as though they were WAD/PK3 files.
this works exactly as needed, but in my case what I wanted to do was to have DRLA Monsters with Colouful Hell White & Black variants spawning randomly in rarely.

this will allow other monster addon mods to work with coloful hell allowing people to spawn both Colourful Monsters and Monster Addon monsters.

(The very challenge that Colouful Hell gives with its unique Wildcard boss like monsters is what really excites me the most)
fakemai
Graphics Processor: Intel (Legacy GZDoom)

Post by fakemai »

That will be harder. DRLM uses mapinfo.txt to bring in random monster spawners, so your best bet would be to use that as a base, bring in any Colourful Hell monsters you want as well as their sounds and graphics, and make them a type of spawn in the random lists they use. It's the Brütal Doom quandary to hope they will work together.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”