Colourful Hell 1.01 fix fix tweak tweak

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

What do with black shotgun spawn?

Poll ended at Fri Feb 19, 2016 7:24 am

keep as they are
No votes
modify a little for ranged options
No votes
Remake the crew for better variance
29%
Remake with focus on the leader as the boss
71%
Rehaul and scrap the concept, make something else shotgunny instead
No votes

Total votes: 7

bowserknight

Re: [WIP]Colourful Hell 0.96b cyanide

Post by bowserknight »

PFL wrote:Yeah, with GZDoom and yes again they woke up both in the show room and in the testing area, moving slightly from their places. The Spectre that killed me was from the showroom and he got me there while I was watching other stats. I also see that there's only one killing switch in the testing area, being the right one; intentional ?
That's strange... are you sure you downloaded the file again after I updated it? Maybe you also have an older version of GZDoom? Those are the only things I can suggest, because for me everything works perfectly. The monsters in the show area have never left their cages and the ones in the test room aren't even active, they're basically just statues and can't be hurt. I honestly don't get why it doesn't work for you :(

And yes the single kill switch is intentional. It kills both sides, not just the right one. Doesn't work for bosses or monsters spawned by other monsters though.

Here I made a short video so you can see it yourself.

PFL

Post by PFL »

Well I see differences from your video compared to my experience. what killed me wasn't the white Spectre but the white Soul I think. On my gameplay, it was only on the right side that worked and everybody was moving in the testing area after s shot, just like in the showroom.

And no, I haven't updatred to the newer version so that surely will correct that. I usually update my engine and might need to do it too.

Still, the mod is cool.
bowserknight

Post by bowserknight »

Ok thanks! It happened to me too once with the white Soul. Dunno why. Sometimes, the white Imp can also summon ghost imps that can walk through the cage.

It's all a little weird sometimes but for now I just hope I can somehow get the boss infighting to work but I think it's impossible.
zitro1987

Post by zitro1987 »

I noticed that the yellow revenant drops a blue armor too frequently even with the option of reduced item drops. That is a tremendously good item for a monster that dies with four rockets and an example of map balanced being impacted.

Purple cyberdemon was tremendous fun. What a great monster design!
Hege Cactus

Re: [WIP]Colourful Hell 0.97 fix fix

Post by Hege Cactus »

Alright patch time! 0.97

Download

Big changes;
- Added a colourblnd support mode
- Buffed and changed many monsters

Changelog:
Spoiler:
Ryuhi

Post by Ryuhi »

I'm hype to try out colorblind mode~
bowserknight

Post by bowserknight »

Hege Cactus wrote:
- nerfed the earthquake effect damage a bit
what do you mean with that, a general nerf to every monster that has an earthquake attack, or just for 1 specific monster?
Great job with the bugfixes, went faster than expected! :) Even tho I won't need colorblind mode, I appreciate it for all the people who do need it.
KILLER2

Post by KILLER2 »

Hege Cactus wrote:Alright patch time! 0.97

Download

Big changes;

Changelog:
Spoiler:
Ayo Hehe, are you still updating the 2.8.1 version? New DRLA just released and I am using that version on top of DRLA so it would be nice if you could update that as well.
Beezle

Post by Beezle »

KILLER2 wrote:
Hege Cactus wrote:Alright patch time! 0.97

Download

Big changes;

Changelog:
Spoiler:
Ayo Hehe, are you still updating the 2.8.1 version? New DRLA just released and I am using that version on top of DRLA so it would be nice if you could update that as well.
I'd also be interested in the 2.8.1 version as well, but if it's more trouble than its worth I'd completely understand. Just happy one of my favorite monster mods got an update, new colorblind mode is gonna be interesting :)
lwks

Post by lwks »

Add progression mode? Early levels only spawn green enemies and the other tiers start appearing on the latter levels (or something like that)?
bowserknight

Post by bowserknight »

lwks wrote:Add progression mode? Early levels only spawn green enemies and the other tiers start appearing on the latter levels (or something like that)?
I doubt that'll become a thing (and that it's even possible) since not every wad has the classic 32 maps setup. Some wads only have like 5 maps, or even just single ones. Or some wads only start at map 20, stuff like that. Good idea tho.
lwks

Post by lwks »

bowserknight wrote:I doubt that'll become a thing (and that it's even possible) since not every wad has the classic 32 maps setup. Some wads only have like 5 maps, or even just single ones. Or some wads only start at map 20, stuff like that. Good idea tho.
And some WADs have shitty pacing with a long ass first level alongside 200 enemies, depending on the mod you're using that's rough or even nearing impossible.
KILLER2

Post by KILLER2 »

The new cyan monsters with ice seem to have some really wonky sprites. At least the zombieman does, he looks diagonal...almost like he's from a different game. Kind of breaking my immersion.
Apteral10

Post by Apteral10 »

Still loving this mod. Keep up the great work Hege. It just makes everything much more interesting. Although for some reason the trashcan enemy loves to trash my game (pun was intended and I am not joking. It is crashing my games quite commonly which is odd)
bowserknight

Post by bowserknight »

I tested the buffed orange Cyberdemon and Mastermind and I really like the changes for both of them. Cyberdemon's rain is a little hard to deal with but I like that he's harder than before, I used to be more scared of a purple Cybie than an orange one.
Mastermind feels perfect now, but for some reason, everytime it summons the orange Arachnotrons, my game freezes after ~1-2 seconds. Music still runs but the whole game doesn't react anymore. Really weird.
Black Arachnotron doesn't feel much different.
Undertaker's bouncing bone tornadoes seem to stay forever, even after he's ded.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”