Colourful Hell 1.01 fix fix tweak tweak

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

What do with black shotgun spawn?

Poll ended at Fri Feb 19, 2016 7:24 am

keep as they are
No votes
modify a little for ranged options
No votes
Remake the crew for better variance
29%
Remake with focus on the leader as the boss
71%
Rehaul and scrap the concept, make something else shotgunny instead
No votes

Total votes: 7

Hege Cactus

Re: [WIP]Colourful Hell 0.925b Eye scream

Post by Hege Cactus »

bowserknight wrote:I'm betting on either a white Pain Elemental or Revenant, since they're both the "weakest" of the missing white monsters.

As for the white Caco, I called it the "Eye of Madness", seems to fit pretty well with its opening message. I really like it but that one attack in its 2nd phase where it shoots these fast, homing eyeballs at you is just a pain, it happens too quick for you to react to it in my opinion, kinda like the Vile scream. But apart from that, really cool boss.

By the way, I'm about 70% done with my map, don't have much time to work on it each day. Only the strong monsters are missing now, designing boss rooms for them will be pretty interesting.
The eyes are bit fast, they are getting slowed down a little next version.
Hi all!

I always wanted to play Colourfull Hell with Project Brutality, but there were serious compability issues. I used countless hours to try to perfect the compability. Its not 100% compatible - so there may be some bugs left. I Recommend playing it with UV+FAST option, because I added colourfull HP drops aswell. By the way: Its works great on Multiplayer too! I had fun with my friend playing every official doom wad(and fan wads) with it!

So here goes:
Sweet! I'm adding a quick link to this on the compat part of the first post.
Chaingunner stuff
The green chaingunner is a bit of an enigma, I have no idea why it has perfect accuracy over long distance even tho the spread is basicly like 180 degrees or so.
I'm gonna look into tweaking this guy more
report on White Archvile

its Splinching Attack CANNOT be dodged or prevented in anymanner once it happens, I was playing with DRLA and used a personal teleport at the very start of his attack (got teleported to start of level) but it still got me and I saved it at the very moment and loaded about...10 times in order to further test anything else that can prevent it, no success.

the evil eyes count as kills and they should disappear after he is killed but nope.(so no 100% kills)

over all he is the MOST hardest enemy I have ever fought and can't kill him without God mode,

comparing to LCA as well cause, he cannot be stopped from chasing you and won't give you a breather either (18000 health)...
I'm aware his scream is bugger to all hell. I'm currently working on making it less buggy, and he should be fixed next update
4thcharacter

Post by 4thcharacter »

I think I've noticed that before and I haven't been playing much to encounter White Vile these days but holy crap, 18000 health? I think that's too much and health's higher than black cybie! I say lessen it. That's more than 2x of Black Vile's health.

EDIT: Yeah, definitely saw that really big amount of health on White Vile before but never got to actually go here and ask about it. That seemed absurd. Was that even intentional?
Machine-Reaper

Post by Machine-Reaper »

well it still can be fought if you have a super powerful weapon (not counting doom weapons, they are utterly useless against that guy)

on the other hand if its main attack become dodge able then it can be fought.

also about the eyes again, are they supposed to remain in the map or disappear once while vile is kaput?
bowserknight

Post by bowserknight »

Just found something a little funny with the green Mancubus today. When he shoots at you and you circle around him, he'll just keep his position and not turn around but his shots are still aimed at you. So it can lead to some strange sights. Just a very tiny issue tho, just saying he should turn around with the player or whatever thing it's shooting at.

BFG

Post by BFG »

I think just a facetarget is missing in his attack state
Hege Cactus

Post by Hege Cactus »

Alrighty

Releasing a quick patch up; 0.926

Download here

In this update white archvile and caco gain small nerfs
and this also fixes a spawning issue with certain fireblu enemies
and adds one more to the fray

full change log;
Spoiler:
bowserknight

Re: [WIP]Colourful Hell 0.926 Eye seem

Post by bowserknight »

tried out the white Caco + VIle and the Caco seems perfect now. I also noticed the infamous scream of the Vile seems like you get a LITTLE more time to react to it, but still if the attack has already started, running behind a wall is still useless. Don't know if that's the way it's supposed to be but I at least appreciate the small extra time before it happens. But one thing I never understood about the boss is, what do its eyes actually do? I mean the black circles that spawn about 5-6 eyes. I noticed they start to shoot weak beams at you and summon Revenants / skeletons after some time but what can you do about them? They seem to last forever. Do you have to stay out of their sight or something? Since the seem to be invisible. Even after so many times fighting this thing I still don't understand it fully.

Also this might be a dumb question, but what are those fireblu's you're speaking of?
EDIT: I found it out already, they are multiplayer versions.
4thcharacter

Post by 4thcharacter »

I have a question, why does White Caco utilize A_SpawnProjectile instead of A_CustomMissile when the other actors that came along or after him still use the latter? Along with the menu this breaks compat with DoomRLA, which seems to be well suited with ZDoom 2.8.1.
Hege Cactus

Post by Hege Cactus »

Also this might be a dumb question, but what are those fireblu's you're speaking of?
EDIT: I found it out already, they are multiplayer versions.
They are single player too, they were originally for multi, they are optional due of them being very... odd.
4thcharacter wrote:I have a question, why does White Caco utilize A_SpawnProjectile instead of A_CustomMissile when the other actors that came along or after him still use the latter? Along with the menu this breaks compat with DoomRLA, which seems to be well suited with ZDoom 2.8.1.
uh, I kinda just got in the zscript mode so I really just dont know how to answer this
Does it really break it that bad? If so I could make a patch for fixing it or something, the menu was really messed up to begin with vov
Machine-Reaper

Post by Machine-Reaper »

what are the floating eyes???
4thcharacter

Post by 4thcharacter »

Hege Cactus wrote:
4thcharacter wrote:I have a question, why does White Caco utilize A_SpawnProjectile instead of A_CustomMissile when the other actors that came along or after him still use the latter? Along with the menu this breaks compat with DoomRLA, which seems to be well suited with ZDoom 2.8.1.
uh, I kinda just got in the zscript mode so I really just dont know how to answer this
Does it really break it that bad? If so I could make a patch for fixing it or something, the menu was really messed up to begin with vov
It doesn't run at all with 2.8.1 due to the MENUDEF and White Caco's A_SpawnProjectile. Easily solved by replacing the A_SpawnProjectile to A_CustomMissile back since there isn't much difference aside from a fixed pitch and even then I don't think there's anything much noticeable, White Caco still works as intended.

As for the menu, I don't know how custom menus are supposed to be laid out in the new GZDoom versions but removing the "Add" part from the very first AddOptionMenu solves it.

And CH never did have any ZScript stuff, right?
HaraSwift

Post by HaraSwift »

Hey, just tossing in a bug report; green (hellknights, I think? The big burly guy who's default tan) crash my game when throwing thier missile. The crashlog says it is missing the missile texture.
4thcharacter

Post by 4thcharacter »

That's strange. The Green Hellknights and Barons still use the original Baron projectile sprite straight from the Doom IWAD.
HaraSwift

Post by HaraSwift »

Okay, so tracked down the issue. A midi file, of all things, was messing with my game memory. Apologies if I caused any code worrying.
4thcharacter

Post by 4thcharacter »

Not the code, but I thought it was something wrong with your IWAD based on what you've said or something else, actually. Now, how can a midi file be able to mess w/ GZDoom?

Return to “Gameplay Mods”