Colourful Hell 1.01 fix fix tweak tweak

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

What do with black shotgun spawn?

Poll ended at Fri Feb 19, 2016 7:24 am

keep as they are
No votes
modify a little for ranged options
No votes
Remake the crew for better variance
29%
Remake with focus on the leader as the boss
71%
Rehaul and scrap the concept, make something else shotgunny instead
No votes

Total votes: 7

Ribo Zurai

Re: [WIP]Colourful Hell 0.74 zip zap

Post by Ribo Zurai »

PFL wrote:
4thcharacter wrote:*plays this with Hell Revealed II, map 32*
Play it afterward with Sunder
ehehehehe
Spoiler:
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

nutcrack this rainbow, like a colorful nut, in nuts. with colorful hell.
4thcharacter

Post by 4thcharacter »

Ribo Zurai wrote:
PFL wrote:
ehehehehe
Spoiler:

Mother of god, is that Nuts.wad?

Also, the "white" zombie isn't implemented yet right?

@TC

Maybe you should give the white zombieman the ability to summon another white weaker (up to 10) zombies. The white zombie tends to spam it's pistol (or/and plasma) and runs faster than the black zombie. Also, it can melee if you get too close to it. The lesser white zombies lack the ability to melee and fires like a normal zombie would, except it tends to avoid your shots and mostly serves as an annoyance or a meatshield for the leader zombie. And their health is only slightly higher than the green zombies. Once you kill all the lesser white zombies the main white zombie will summon another batch of zombies if it survives long enough.

And it's warning line is this: "Brace yourselves, the White Zombies are coming." (we got a Terminator reference so why not a GoT one? And maybe give them the ability to attack with ice)
Hege Cactus

Post by Hege Cactus »

Where i can find all special enemies spawn messages and keys for they?
I mean what mean of "The Phobos anomaly flashbacks run in your head"?
Also these messeages are really cool and reminds me old-school RPG's.
Also in other ZDoom mod (i don't remember name of him) i see same messages:"You hear old bones and skulls"-in level all monsters replaces by revenants.
P.S.: Black Demon is invisible sometimes. It's ok?
P.P.S.: Black Lost Soul is VERY loud. It's anoying.
You have to pretty much assume what they are, they should be pretty obvious, black ones announce themselves, the rest might sound bit silly but they should be easy to guess, if not guess, well, you should be able to tell when you meet em.
I have no idea what might cause black demon to go invisible, I have not encountered this bug if you have any more info how to recreate it please let me know.
Bees gotta be loud mang.
Ribo Zurai wrote:
PFL wrote:
ehehehehe
Spoiler:

for best Colourful hell experience please play it through in Chillax.

Also, the "white" zombie isn't implemented yet right?

@TC

Maybe you should give the white zombieman the ability to summon another white weaker (up to 10) zombies. The white zombie tends to spam it's pistol (or/and plasma) and runs faster than the black zombie. Also, it can melee if you get too close to it. The lesser white zombies lack the ability to melee and fires like a normal zombie would, except it tends to avoid your shots and mostly serves as an annoyance or a meatshield for the leader zombie. And their health is only slightly higher than the green zombies. Once you kill all the lesser white zombies the main white zombie will summon another batch of zombies if it survives long enough.

And it's warning line is this: "Brace yourselves, the White Zombies are coming." (we got a Terminator reference so why not a GoT one? And maybe give them the ability to attack with ice)
White zombie is already planned and it is going to be a summoner type of enemy, but not the way you might think.
He's more of a... grave digger.

Anyway; update time, few bug fixes and other issue fixes so certain maps dont break and few balance changes + few more bosses;
Spoiler:
Silentdarkness12

Re: [WIP]Colourful Hell 0.77 SPIDERS

Post by Silentdarkness12 »

Neat stuff, dude.

Mind if I make a patch to make this work with Guncaster?
Ribo Zurai

Post by Ribo Zurai »

Silentdarkness12 wrote:Neat stuff, dude.

Mind if I make a patch to make this work with Guncaster?
Please do it.
Rowsol

Post by Rowsol »

Silentdarkness12

Roger that, then. It almost works, just need to make these enemies drop Guncaster items.

In other words:

TheSkyBug

Post by TheSkyBug »

Silentdarkness12 wrote:Roger that, then. It almost works, just need to make these enemies drop Guncaster items.

In other words:

What about gumpop deaths? Custom blood colors? Or that will be just dosh dropping patch?
Silentdarkness12

TheSkyBug wrote:
Silentdarkness12 wrote:Roger that, then. It almost works, just need to make these enemies drop Guncaster items.

In other words:

What about gumpop deaths? Custom blood colors? Or that will be just dosh dropping patch?

Uhhh.....oh. Gumpop. Right.

I guess I could take a look at trying to do that....

Blood will remain the same, I think.

EDIT: Okay, I think I see how to do that. Gumpop deaths it is!
TheSkyBug

Post by TheSkyBug »

Oh, and i forget about corpseblast. I can't really understand how does it works. Good luck you with work!
Silentdarkness12

TheSkyBug wrote:Oh, and i forget about corpseblast. I can't really understand how does it works. Good luck you with work!
That would require Putting in even more states to get the same effect as with the Guncaster foes. I won't put that in right away, honestly. V2, yes.
Silentdarkness12

Here is the initial release of ColorfullHellCaster patch. Guncaster first, then Colorful Hell, then this.

This doesn't have the extra spell deaths. Gumpop only works for the common zombieman currently. I will work on this later.
ColorfulHellCaster.pk3
(8.89 KiB) Downloaded 105 times
EDIT: Besides Dosh, I made the tougher enemies drop the high-value Guncaster items as well as their Colorful Hell items.
PFL

Post by PFL »

"My wings still disappear while in motion" - a Baron
DevilBlackDeath

Post by DevilBlackDeath »

Hey, just wondered, how hard would it be (total noob in Doom modding, I plan to get to it, but still didn't, thus the question) to make a mod with shotgun as a starting weapon and infinite ammos for it ? (well to make it more balanced it would need to deel a bit less damage and shoot a bit faster, but I'll just start easy huh). I think it would perfectly fit Colourful Hell, it would avoid getting in ridiculously hard situations early game (well they'd still be hard, but manageable) !

Return to “Gameplay Mods”