Colourful Hell 1.01 fix fix tweak tweak

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

What do with black shotgun spawn?

Poll ended at Fri Feb 19, 2016 7:24 am

keep as they are
No votes
modify a little for ranged options
No votes
Remake the crew for better variance
29%
Remake with focus on the leader as the boss
71%
Rehaul and scrap the concept, make something else shotgunny instead
No votes

Total votes: 7

YukesVonFaust

Re: [WIP]Colourful Hell

Post by YukesVonFaust »

cem26 wrote:"pourple"
English.
Kizoky
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 11
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Kizoky »

Hege Cactus wrote:
That actually sounds like a neat way to sort the files, I'll look into that.
I actually tried to revenant.DECORATE way but it didnt seem to load em for me for some reason when I tried so I'll probably try that way.
Oops, I meant DECORATE.revenant, sorry :oops:
TiberiumSoul
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by TiberiumSoul »

may want to try gradient map translations :D
Hege Cactus

Post by Hege Cactus »

TiberiumSoul wrote:may want to try gradient map translations :D
Yeah those are pretty neat but I tend to fuck em up for some reason lol.
I've also been considering working with the colorization and tint features but I dont know.
PURPLE colour didnt fit the bodies
Yeah, the purple's are quite troublesome to make look anyway correct due of doom's limited purple pallette. :/
I'm trying to think of ways to make em look somewhat better, they are probably going to be the first target for proper sprites outside of translation.
Well, its a really good idea, looking forward to see how you'll improve your mod! Gl :]
Thank ye
Shame about there being no "colored" variants of the original weapons.
maybe some day
maybe Enjay will let you use his green colored imp from his Enjay ZDoom, I think those can be color translated better than that brown, the green has a nice shadow to it too.
I guess could ask if I dont figure some other green imp look first.

Eitherway small update:
-Improved some translations to be bit better looking, mostly blue ones.
-Improved a few projectile graphics, added custom graphics specially to the fire effect of the flamethrower move purple sgt and hell knight use.
-Added fire effects and sounds
-Added the hellish orange revenant version1. He comes with a nice set of henchmen, and the whole group is rather... hard to escape.
-Lost souls now have a bareboned common to purple added on. You will hate the purple one.
-Common Painelemental added to make sure classic elemental doesn't turn the level to disco soul inferno. No other Pain elementals yet, sorry.
-Spectres gained some ability swaps; Green is now using the low alpha, purple now uses the stealth.
-Former humans are more generous with drops to conpensate for the higher HP's on monsters.
(-Also moved to the #include decorate format, but that doesnt really effect the gameplay)
namsan
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Re: [WIP]Colourful Hell 0.2

Post by namsan »

I want to see colored blood/gibs from colored enemies. (example:Purple enemy bleeds purple blood)
It would be good.
Hege Cactus

Post by Hege Cactus »

namsan wrote:I want to see colored blood/gibs from colored enemies. (example:Purple enemy bleeds purple blood)
It would be good.
...I had forgotten that blood colour is a thing.
Gonna add blood colour tweaks to the next patch up.
I'll see to how I can tweak some of the gibs aswell.
mallo

Post by mallo »

This mod makes the chainsaw unuseful half of the time because green=< imps quickly melee even while being stunned. :/

Also I assume WIP list was made before 0.2 release so: Zombiemans are always at their regular.
Hege Cactus

Post by Hege Cactus »

mallo wrote:This mod makes the chainsaw unuseful half of the time because green=< imps quickly melee even while being stunned. :/

Also I assume WIP list was made before 0.2 release so: Zombiemans are always at their regular.
Oh whoops, the imp speed was unintentionally fast.
..And the zombies were leftout from the #include
whoops x2

Welp I fixed those things now and I also did other things;
-Added pain elementals green, blue, purple
-Added coloured gibs to lesser enemies
-Added bloodsplatters
-Tweaked some damages, again.
-Tweaked some meelee speeds
-Did also some other small polishes to some projectiles & attacks.

I'll now attempt to take a bigger pause to do a bigger update chunk for the next time with more polishing and yellow/orange tier for the current monsters + first cybies and spidies.
if there's any balance issues, oddities and the like, let me know so I can tweak em up.
cem26

Re: [WIP]Colourful Hell 0.24

Post by cem26 »

good luck mate
Hege Cactus

Post by Hege Cactus »

I might need that.

Some little news;
-Translation polishing round is undergo, several monsters will look a bit prettier now that I managed to somewhat master the gradient translation.
-Few purples have gained bit better sprites.
-Orange tiering is underway
-Green to purple cybies are about working now.
-Balancing and balancing, its bit hard to get some of these monsters to be challenging but not unfair.

Some fun little testing pictures;
Spoiler:
And back to work I go.
Bit hard to find good demonic sounds for most part tho.
Rowsol

Post by Rowsol »

Randomizers are fun. Can't help but wish you were using Smooth Doom as a base for the extra frames.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

now i'm wondering, is this mod can have rainbow colored or flickering enemies that spawns with very-hardly rare chance?
SigFloyd

Post by SigFloyd »

It'd be nice if the rarer/tougher enemies made more menacing sounds. Perhaps vanilla as tier 1, Doom 64 as tier 2, and something like AtM's monster sounds for tier 3. Something to look into after all the important stuff is squared away in the future.
Hege Cactus

Post by Hege Cactus »

Randomizers are fun. Can't help but wish you were using Smooth Doom as a base for the extra frames.
Well I think thats up to preferences for people really, I personaly wouldnt mind making things extra smooth but it would lot of work for the customized graphics to match up if the vanilla's would look over smooth.
Captain J wrote:now i'm wondering, is this mod can have rainbow colored or flickering enemies that spawns with very-hardly rare chance?
This is something I should actually try find out cause
Spoiler:
One way would probably be multiple states to jump between.
It'd be nice if the rarer/tougher enemies made more menacing sounds. Perhaps vanilla as tier 1, Doom 64 as tier 2, and something like AtM's monster sounds for tier 3. Something to look into after all the important stuff is squared away in the future.
Oh they will once I find good sounds to fit for em.
Boss tier enemies specially will have some more evilness in em.

Something silly for orange baron:
Spoiler:
Crudux Cruo

Post by Crudux Cruo »

So, i tried this out on scythe maps with the trailblazer (and my balance mod) and... its pretty epic.
some things i'd like to say about it...

1.) I like the recolours. i really actually would rather you get the content out than screw around with enhanced sprites; if you want to add them AFTER i'd say go for it, but it seems you got enough on your plate as it is.

2.) Barons and Hell Knights are very hard to differentiate. i would change the sprite of the baron to... well that winged one you had for the orange baron looked pretty good.

3.) what the F is black and white gonna look like?! i was fighting an orange revenant and got my ass kicked... with the trailblazer mod. im not sure how you're gonna balance it, but it seems these monsters will be pretty crazy.

4.) what weapon mods can really pair with this once you roll out black or white barons? hell even orange would be crazy as shit so... russian overkill?

Return to “Gameplay Mods”