Colourful Hell 1.01 fix fix tweak tweak

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

What do with black shotgun spawn?

Poll ended at Fri Feb 19, 2016 7:24 am

keep as they are
No votes
modify a little for ranged options
No votes
Remake the crew for better variance
29%
Remake with focus on the leader as the boss
71%
Rehaul and scrap the concept, make something else shotgunny instead
No votes

Total votes: 7

Hege Cactus

Re: [WIP]Colourful Hell 0.91 garbage day

Post by Hege Cactus »

Machine-Reaper wrote:
Hege Cactus wrote: I'm not sure what you are asking with the first question.. The monsters tend to be colour coded already so they match the colour they are??
Or what do you mean by this? Im bit confused

Well generally I went with a bit of a colour also giving out the theme of the monster, so yeah its partly intentional.
it means that if you find a sprite of a monster that looks quite similar to a coloured version but feels uniquely like a new monster and not a recolored version would it be possible to use the said sprite?

example:
Spoiler:
coloured intention also makes it even more eaiser to make interesting looks of a monster besides their abilites (However the current set used that just recolours monsters does give the advantage to also allow them to be lighted up with vanilla brightmaps without needing custom ones)
Oh, I've done that a little but I prefer to keep the custom sprite stuff thats obviously different for higher tier enemies
dljosef

Post by dljosef »

I do have an idea for the mod, once all the enemies are finished: A possible chance of adding a boss rush for those truly masochistic people playing the mod.

Speaking of the white spectre, the Dianoga's a neat twist on the spectre, although he is quite the step up from the black spectre.
N1ch0l2s

Post by N1ch0l2s »

dljosef wrote:I do have an idea for the mod, once all the enemies are finished: A possible chance of adding a boss rush for those truly masochistic people playing the mod.

Speaking of the white spectre, the Dianoga's a neat twist on the spectre, although he is quite the step up from the black spectre.
That'd be fun! Like a mini Boss Battles or whatever that mod was.
dljosef

Post by dljosef »

I was kinda thinking more along the lines of something akin to the one Bratwurst mod having the Icon of Sin spawning the bosses in one at a time.
a.dusty.taco

Post by a.dusty.taco »

The new white monster... Talk about a pain in the ass. Love it. Also like the new gibs. Wonder what you'll do for the other monsters.
Apeirogon

Post by Apeirogon »

dljosef wrote:I do have an idea for the mod, once all the enemies are finished: A possible chance of adding a boss rush for those truly masochistic people playing the mod.
I already try it. Even with so gimmic mod like RO and those dragon with eight-barreled shotgun, monsters tear you apart like rabies flock of wolf even at baby dificulty. And some monsters can kill you even if you under "iddqd".

So dont even think about it.
4thcharacter

Post by 4thcharacter »

Apeirogon wrote:
I already try it. Even with so gimmic mod like RO and those dragon with eight-barreled shotgun, monsters tear you apart like rabies flock of wolf even at baby dificulty. And some monsters can kill you even if you under "iddqd".

You're talking about the white shotgunner, the God of Shotguns, right?

Some monsters are hard but not that hard that they can override the god cheat.. And against RO? RO makes this mod piss easy unless you tend to play on mode where monsters get a ton of health.
ErrantMasa
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Post by ErrantMasa »

4thcharacter wrote: You're talking about the white shotgunner, the God of Shotguns, right?
I hate it when I roll Saint Benellus on Map01 or E1M1 --- or before I have my big guns :blergh:
Apeirogon

Post by Apeirogon »

4thcharacter wrote:
Apeirogon wrote:

You're talking about the white shotgunner, the God of Shotguns, right?

Some monsters are hard but not that hard that they can override the god cheat.. And against RO? RO makes this mod piss easy unless you tend to play on mode where monsters get a ton of health.
When i say "I already try it." i mean "I change spawn preset via slade to spawn only black-white/red-black monsters".
4thcharacter

Post by 4thcharacter »

Apeirogon wrote:When i say "I already try it." i mean "I change spawn preset via slade to spawn only black-white/red-black monsters".
Oh, but we're not talking about that. That's not boss rush. A boss rush is where you fight every single type of bosses one by one in a row and as you kill them another will come. In Colorful Hell's case, as you a defeat black/white monster, another one will come until you've fought them all.

Here's a perfect example of it. Skip at 2:50.
Machine-Reaper

Post by Machine-Reaper »

4thcharacter wrote: Oh, but we're not talking about that. That's not boss rush. A boss rush is where you fight every single type of bosses one by one in a row and as you kill them another will come. In Colorful Hell's case, as you a defeat black/white monster, another one will come until you've fought them all.
Seems rather quite easy where you have a W/B monster drop item on death which is another W/B monster and so forth. You have to kill them all until the last and their chance of spawning is the same as they regularly spawn BUT there also should be a mode where there only W/B monsters and the replace all the monsters in the level (Wonder how anybody will survive that)
Apeirogon

Post by Apeirogon »

Machine-Reaper wrote:there also should be a mode where there only W/B monsters and the replace all the monsters in the level (Wonder how anybody will survive that)
Just a regular gameplay at reguar map.

Disclaimer
Don't Try This at Home!!!

https://youtu.be/XJjO2anrM6w

https://youtu.be/Uz1vCWXenKw

PS. If someone know how make ffmpeg record video, please write me
Last edited by Apeirogon on Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Someone64

Post by Someone64 »

Uh... You kinda fucked up the link. Link the public video link instead of the link from your dashboard. Also, ShareX does video recording with ffmpeg and ffsplit is steaming software that also uses ffmpeg but can also be used to just plain record.
Apeirogon

Post by Apeirogon »

Someone64 wrote:Uh... You kinda fucked up the link. Link the public video link instead of the link from your dashboard. Also, ShareX does video recording with ffmpeg and ffsplit is steaming software that also uses ffmpeg but can also be used to just plain record.
I try it, but i remember that i somehow record video direct from comand line ffmpeg.
Machine-Reaper

Post by Machine-Reaper »

Apeirogon wrote: Just a regular gameplay at reguar map.

Disclaimer
Don't Try This at Home!!!

https://youtu.be/XJjO2anrM6w

https://youtu.be/Uz1vCWXenKw
Okay, can you please share the spawn preset and the healthbar hud as well please?

Return to “Gameplay Mods”