Colourful Hell 1.01 fix fix tweak tweak

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

What do with black shotgun spawn?

Poll ended at Fri Feb 19, 2016 7:24 am

keep as they are
No votes
modify a little for ranged options
No votes
Remake the crew for better variance
29%
Remake with focus on the leader as the boss
71%
Rehaul and scrap the concept, make something else shotgunny instead
No votes

Total votes: 7

RUNSABER

Re: [WIP]Colourful Hell 0.60 bees are here

Post by RUNSABER »

The Shotgun god is a bitch.
Hege Cactus

Post by Hege Cactus »

When the bees attack you there should be a small chance your pain noise gets replaced with Cage's NOT THE BEES AAAHHH A+ dialogue.
oh if i only could do that without touching the playerpawn
I really, really want to make a compatibility patch for my strange weapons mod for this (and adjust XP value for higher tier monsters accordingly), but I'd rather wait until you've done all colors for all monsters first.
That way I'll make it in one shot.
well I hope to get most of the enemies done quite fast, the white tier enemies are the ones that are going to take most time as couple of em require me to sprite em up first which takes tiiiime.
Sounds like it could be fun with em
This looks like a lot of fun!

I'll definitely have to try this out, especially with some OBLIGE maps.
OBLIGE maps work pretty great with any randomizer
The Shotgun god is a bitch.
Taking on benellus aint no easy task

So time for version 0.66(6)
This version adds 3 black monsters and 2 white ones; Black Hell Knight, White Hell Knight, Black chaingunner, White chaingunner & Black Mancubi.
Black Mancubi is still bit so-so honestly so he might get changes in next patch once I figure something for it.

Changes:
Spoiler:
Rozy

Re: [WIP]Colourful Hell 0.66 boss spawns intensify

Post by Rozy »

Quite liking this little mod so far, though while it's a lot of fun I can't help but feel the black colored monsters... Miight be a little TOO damage spongey on average. They're absurdly deadly and can often times take up a large chunk of a maps ammo when they spawn. Maybe a bit too much sometimes. Though other times they feel just right so it could just be a map balance thing.

Other than that, I find this actually works pretty great with WW-doomnukem, even if it has enemy replacements. Works just fine if you load it up before colorful hell. Same for project MSX.
Ribo Zurai

Post by Ribo Zurai »

Really fun so far. But I have a request, could you make a hard mode mutator which ALL enemies are colorful, with increased chances for Black and White enemies? Would be fun as hell with additional wads such as Russian Overkill.
Hege Cactus

Post by Hege Cactus »

Quite liking this little mod so far, though while it's a lot of fun I can't help but feel the black colored monsters... Miight be a little TOO damage spongey on average. They're absurdly deadly and can often times take up a large chunk of a maps ammo when they spawn. Maybe a bit too much sometimes. Though other times they feel just right so it could just be a map balance thing.
It is a never ending problem really, in vanilla, they arent really usualy enough, but with weapon mods they usualy work out alright. I've tried to make them generous drops wise but it doesnt always seem to also workout either.
Tho I have plans to make the boss battles bit more generous ammo wise, most of the ones that use minions already give out ammo by killing the said minions, but solo bosses are bit harder to fix in this way, tho I do have some plans for it that I'm currently testing.
Really fun so far. But I have a request, could you make a hard mode mutator which ALL enemies are colorful, with increased chances for Black and White enemies? Would be fun as hell with additional wads such as Russian Overkill.
I have planned to make extra diffuculties once I get all the monsters done;
Spoiler:
Tho currently if you want to disable the common enemies, editing the decorate files and removing(or slashing //) the first line from each randomizer actor can do the trick
I could probably try look into making some sort of placeholder difficulty level thing at some point tho, dunno, I havent honestly yet looked into that area of editing.
Triple S

Post by Triple S »

Could be all like, "The power of the beast that spawned is so great that it is warping reality! Your [bullet/shell/rocket/cell] pouch seems to have become temporarily bottomless..."
Tapwave
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Tapwave »

Hege Cactus wrote: I could probably try look into making some sort of placeholder difficulty level thing at some point tho, dunno, I havent honestly yet looked into that area of editing.
Difficulty definitions are done in MAPINFO and are rather easy to toy with.
Btw, I suggest giving them all the double ammo factor of ITYTD and N! to compensate the ammo issues.
Hege Cactus

Post by Hege Cactus »

Triple S wrote:Could be all like, "The power of the beast that spawned is so great that it is warping reality! Your [bullet/shell/rocket/cell] pouch seems to have become temporarily bottomless..."
That would be pretty op specially with weapon mods and I'd rather not go that far.
Difficulty definitions are done in MAPINFO and are rather easy to toy with.
Yeah I started looking it up

So I made a simple mutator thing;
http://www.mediafire.com/download/048bg ... utator.wad
Load this thing with colourfulhell and it will add a new difficulty level called mad apple underneath nightmare and fucks up the spawn rates with no commons

In the meantime I'm going to be tweaking some of the earlier creatures and their moves a bit while I try figure some other boss spawns.
scroton

Post by scroton »

Hege Cactus wrote:
When the bees attack you there should be a small chance your pain noise gets replaced with Cage's NOT THE BEES AAAHHH A+ dialogue.
oh if i only could do that without touching the playerpawn
You can do it. The only limitation is that the normal pain sound may still play.
Rowsol

Post by Rowsol »

So I decided to try it out. Map02, Benellus spawned. I figured okay, lets do this shit. Grabbed the SSG and found him. Could barely hit him because of how fast he is. Got off one SSG shot before dying. Used cheats and started to blast him with the rocket launcher. Raised an eyebrow when he had eaten 20 shots and was still alive. Checked the actor out. Saw he had 5000 health. I see that he spawns 1/1090 times. I don't think I could ever kill him even with full health and BFG ammo.
TheRailgunner

Post by TheRailgunner »

I've found that this mod is, for all intents and purposes, balanced towards Russian Overkill-grade lunacy...which, surprising, feels almost underwhelming, especially once higher-tier enemies spawn. Still, the concept (and for the most part, barring some aesthetic qualms, its execution) is bloody golden, and I'll be awaiting the next update for sure. Now, if you'll excuse me, I've got DECORATE and sprites to mess with...colorful ones :D.
Disc Primitive

Post by Disc Primitive »

This, along with Trailblazer or just by itself, is so damn cool. Great work!
By the way, are you going to correct the default enemies' blood as well? So that the caco bleeds blue for example.
Hege Cactus

Post by Hege Cactus »

So I decided to try it out. Map02, Benellus spawned. I figured okay, lets do this shit. Grabbed the SSG and found him. Could barely hit him because of how fast he is. Got off one SSG shot before dying. Used cheats and started to blast him with the rocket launcher. Raised an eyebrow when he had eaten 20 shots and was still alive. Checked the actor out. Saw he had 5000 health. I see that he spawns 1/1090 times. I don't think I could ever kill him even with full health and BFG ammo.
3 - 6 BFG shots can kill him, implying you hit him that is.
I've found that this mod is, for all intents and purposes, balanced towards Russian Overkill-grade lunacy...which, surprising, feels almost underwhelming, especially once higher-tier enemies spawn. Still, the concept (and for the most part, barring some aesthetic qualms, its execution) is bloody golden, and I'll be awaiting the next update for sure.
It is bit biased towards mods that allow player to grow in power with weaponry or similiar in significant amount
:P
This, along with Trailblazer or just by itself, is so damn cool. Great work!
By the way, are you going to correct the default enemies' blood as well? So that the caco bleeds blue for example.
Thanks
And yes, I quickly I also fixed some of those

0.70 is now up.
I was hoping to finish a few new customized sprited enemies rather than using premade resourced again, but eh, I'll probably leave the black archvile and white zombieman to another release cause they are currently on my main priority to sprite up.
Update log;
Spoiler:
Disc Primitive

Re: [WIP]Colourful Hell 0.70 zip zap

Post by Disc Primitive »

Super! :)
-Ghost-

Re: [WIP]Colourful Hell 0.70 zip zap

Post by -Ghost- »

Man those bees are insane. Do they have a cap on how many spawn? I had so many I was starting to lag. :P

Return to “Gameplay Mods”