Colourful Hell 1.01 fix fix tweak tweak

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

What do with black shotgun spawn?

Poll ended at Fri Feb 19, 2016 7:24 am

keep as they are
No votes
modify a little for ranged options
No votes
Remake the crew for better variance
29%
Remake with focus on the leader as the boss
71%
Rehaul and scrap the concept, make something else shotgunny instead
No votes

Total votes: 7

bowserknight

Re: [WIP]Colourful Hell 0.931 Abyssal

Post by bowserknight »

Machine-Reaper wrote:its from DRLA, the MOST powerful weapon in the game that can literally wipe out rows of cyberdemons with just a few pew pews...
( you will need to upgrade it with Demon Artifacts which are only acquired from Guardians Cybedemons which spawn when you have killed all the enemies in the map)
oh makes sense, I tried killing dozens of red zombies without any mods activated and was wondering where the Unmaker is lol. I never play with any weapon mods
Machine-Reaper

Post by Machine-Reaper »

bowserknight wrote:I never play with any weapon mods
you should my friend,

Also Hega, is it possible that you can cause the Guardian Cyberdemon that spawns in DRLA from carrying Demonic Weapons to be replaced by a White/Black Monster?

I mean this would make it really cool and a lot more challenging~
Keldian

Post by Keldian »

Need some rebalance (monsters drop too much ammo).
AvzinElkein

Post by AvzinElkein »

I think you made some monsters drop a SSG in Ultimate Doom.
TheCeron

Post by TheCeron »

I can't get the compatability patch for Guncaster to work. I downloaded the one on page 39, I tried different loading orders; I'm not quite sure what to do here.

Edit: Right after I posted this, it started working. Though it still gives me a long string of 'warning' lines; but it seems to be working okay at least.
fakemai
Graphics Processor: Intel (Legacy GZDoom)

Post by fakemai »

Consider toning down the HP of the low-tier abyssals as their mobility and damage output is enough to make them a real worry. Being bullet-spongey just makes them frustrating, and you're pretty much guaranteed to run into them in the first map or two, unlike the black/white spawns.
AvzinElkein wrote:I think you made some monsters drop a SSG in Ultimate Doom.
They do. Does it cause problems with vanilla? At the very least it helps a lot with alternate weapon sets.
Machine-Reaper

Post by Machine-Reaper »

abyssals look really weak and non-threatening but they are a lesser health versions of Black/White spawns from my experience,

and I think Hega did say that they are optional for Extra Difficulty if you feel Fireblu is not hard enough.

p.s Abyssal Imp is the worst.
Hege Cactus

Post by Hege Cactus »

Also Hega, is it possible that you can cause the Guardian Cyberdemon that spawns in DRLA from carrying Demonic Weapons to be replaced by a White/Black Monster?

I mean this would make it really cool and a lot more challenging~
I dunno, sounds more on yholl side of things maybe
Need some rebalance (monsters drop too much ammo).
Funny thing, I keep hearing the reverse, are you sure you're not running this with champions or something other? I know champions causes ammo drop galore
I think you made some monsters drop a SSG in Ultimate Doom.

They do. Does it cause problems with vanilla? At the very least it helps a lot with alternate weapon sets.
Can you actually use it in vanilla ultimate doom tho? I am not sure on this myself so I dont know how to control that

@Abyssal thing;
I have tweaked a few of them, but their aim is still to be extra challenge, so dont expect them to be "fair"

So now for the other news, since I have been tweaking the ammo drops a lot, I figured this is such a major overhaul I'd do an open beta test, just to see and hear what you all think, if its too much ammo or so
I have set all the ammo to their intended drops, so expect a lot of backpack drops from bosses

THE OPEN BETA TEST BUILD DOWNLOAD

Some things about this beta;
-There are three EX monsters placed to be spawned in the spawn pool, the EX boss spawn tweak and off switches are not yet implemented, so even if you have black and white bosses off, these EX bosses can still spawn in this beta
- As I said before, ammo and drops are overhauled, they are currently in their original intended rates which means it might be too much or just right, I am not certain, but please do keep track of this if you play this beta version
- There are more abyssal monsters in this beta aswell, so go nuts. But bewarned; They are highly untested
- There are also some other small tweaks and changes here and there
- Not all fixes and changes have yet been implemented and there are some WIP stuff that might look off or sound off or behave bit off, so don't be surprised
- This is, as said, a beta testing version, not really an official actual full release, so its not fully polished yet.
- Have fun?
AvzinElkein

Re: [WIP]Colourful Hell 0.931 Abyssal [Open Beta Page 44]

Post by AvzinElkein »

Which monster is meant to drop the SSG?
Rowsol

Post by Rowsol »

After 3 maps here's my ammo totals. This is with trailblazer and a heavily nerfed backpack. It's quite high, it could be half the current and I'd still have a lot.
Attachments
Screenshot_Doom_20180601_115742.png
ErrantMasa
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Post by ErrantMasa »

Rowsol wrote:After 3 maps here's my ammo totals. This is with trailblazer and a heavily nerfed backpack. It's quite high, it could be half the current and I'd still have a lot.
I routinely play TB on "The Edgelord" (all pickup values halved!) and I still manage to max out most ammo types myself! In this case, I consider it thematically appropriate! :twisted: :ugeek:
Brett

Post by Brett »

I played around with Vanilla and High Noon Drifter and it did seem a bit too much.
fakemai
Graphics Processor: Intel (Legacy GZDoom)

Post by fakemai »

Nothing but spoilers.
Spoiler:
Massaraksh

Post by Massaraksh »

fakemai wrote:Nothing but spoilers.
Spoiler:
YOU FACE THE WRATH OF BENELLUS, THE GOD OF SHOTGUNS
Machine-Reaper

Post by Machine-Reaper »

Massaraksh wrote:
YOU FACE THE WRATH OF BENELLUS, THE GOD OF SHOTGUNS
he is easy....cept for his BOUNCING, CLUCKING, UNHOLY EXPLODEY SHOTGUNS!

just don't face him upfront even with invu because he will just blast you away and not let you hit him...

Return to “Gameplay Mods”