Colourful Hell 1.01 fix fix tweak tweak

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

What do with black shotgun spawn?

Poll ended at Fri Feb 19, 2016 7:24 am

keep as they are
No votes
modify a little for ranged options
No votes
Remake the crew for better variance
29%
Remake with focus on the leader as the boss
71%
Rehaul and scrap the concept, make something else shotgunny instead
No votes

Total votes: 7

Thormjolnir

Re: [WIP]Colourful Hell 0.91 garbage day

Post by Thormjolnir »

Why would that make it not co-op friendly?
bowserknight

Post by bowserknight »

I got good news regarding the Angel of Death topic, yesterday I found a way to contact Melvinflynt (the creator of Doom X) and he actually sent me a file with the Angel of Death and Death Dealers, who are a weaker version and look more red. Pretty awesome of him to give such a fast response! If you wanna try them out, just play this with any other wad and the Angels will replace Barons, while the Dealers will replace Hellknights. There might be more but I'm not sure.

aod.wad
4thcharacter

Post by 4thcharacter »

bowserknight wrote:I got good news regarding the Angel of Death topic, yesterday I found a way to contact Melvinflynt (the creator of Doom X) and he actually sent me a file with the Angel of Death and Death Dealers, who are a weaker version and look more red. Pretty awesome of him to give such a fast response! If you wanna try them out, just play this with any other wad and the Angels will replace Barons, while the Dealers will replace Hellknights. There might be more but I'm not sure.

aod.wad

That link scared me since the first click triggered a pop-up which then started to download an .exe that's an obvious malware/virus. I still got aod.wad, so if my PC's good I'll test it so I'll save it in my mail or Mediafire in the meantime.
Thormjolnir wrote:Why would that make it not co-op friendly?
What do you mean? The original version is not coop friendly since it won't work on Zandronum thanks to some yet-unsupported advanced features CH has, and to be honest I don't know if Q/G/ZDoom (the sourceports who support the needed features) has multiplayer.
Hege Cactus

Post by Hege Cactus »

Thormjolnir wrote:Why would that make it not co-op friendly?
The mod is co-op friendly
if played with zdoom/gzdoom multiplayer

If you are thinking of using zandronum;
Zandronum doesnt really have the features needed for the base version to work
There was a special multiplayer version for zandronum that had more barebones features but that kinda got lost in time and zandronums recent speedy developments made me halt updating it

In short; yes, this is co-op friendly if you can setup the game.
-the green Baron for some reason won't stop vomiting those green things until you hurt him. Not even hiding behind walls helps, he just keeps on going
-the black Vile eyes still persist after killing him, sometimes :(
-small, spawning enemies often get stuck inside walls (like red wraiths from red Cyberdemon, spiders from white Arachnotron etc.)

There's one more thing but I guess you can't really do anything about it, and it's also pretty rare. But if there's an orange Archvile inside a warping room, many times its orange orbs will warp into the room instead of the Archvile itself. This also happens with monsters that spawn with "servants".
The green baron vomit thing was an oversight, It'll be fixed.
I think ill soon give up on those eyes for good
This is something Im having trouble getting properly fixed, ive done some debug states for them but it seems they just, dont use em when they should, so shrug

The servants and orbs warping annoys me cause I have set the flags that they should not activate any monster crossing lines yet it seems like those flags dont work or something, the servants and orbs should be warping to their masters depending on the distance not hogging the teleports, yet it just.. refuses to work even tho the warps by distance work, they still just hog the teleporters instead.

@whole angel of death thing;

I really do not have use for that thing, its a cool sprite and all but it just doesnt fit any of the remaining slots.
bowserknight

Post by bowserknight »

Aw I was hoping you would do something with him but it's your project and I guess you already have some other ideas.
Also about the black Vile's eyes... I just had this thought. The black Lost Soul, the queen bee, has these sparks coming out behind her and it kinda reminded me of those eyes. I guess they can't really compared but wouldn't it be possible to do a similiar coding as for sparks like those? Because after all, they're particles that follow the monsters, even though they might work differently.
lwks

Post by lwks »

Compatibility Patch for Smooth Doom pretty please? :3: :3: :3:
tchkb

Post by tchkb »

How do you rate my chances?

EDIT: 13:22 second try, all red AVs killed in level proper, very hard to kill any of the four in the death exit though. Can definitely grind much better times and at least 2/4 AVs in death exit. These guys are surprisingly easy to handle in compact labirynths.
EDIT2: 11:50 with 2/4 AVs killed in death exit. Will upload footage once I'm done with the rest of Plutonia.
Last edited by tchkb on Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Machine-Reaper

Post by Machine-Reaper »

there is definitely a BBQ here!~
nologyn

Post by nologyn »

Find a bug playing with trailblazer barrels of freedom .
bowserknight

Post by bowserknight »

I also found a glitch/bug/exploit with some boss monsters (white/black) from this hack. Some boss monsters don't react to hits from other monsters, in other words, they never seem to infight with anybody except the player. This can be used to your advantage if you make other monsters be mad at the boss, then you can just hide around the corner and wait until they kill the boss themselves. Pretty funny sometimes, happened to me like 3 times.

Here I uploaded a video of Claustrophobia1024 II, map 31 where it happened to me with the white Imp. The gas from the green Pain Elementals somehow managed to make the other Imps kill the white one. Wasn't even intentional lol.

4thcharacter

Post by 4thcharacter »

bowserknight wrote:I also found a glitch/bug/exploit with some boss monsters (white/black) from this hack. Some boss monsters don't react to hits from other monsters, in other words, they never seem to infight with anybody except the player. This can be used to your advantage if you make other monsters be mad at the boss, then you can just hide around the corner and wait until they kill the boss themselves. Pretty funny sometimes, happened to me like 3 times.

Here I uploaded a video of Claustrophobia1024 II, map 31 where it happened to me with the white Imp. The gas from the green Pain Elementals somehow managed to make the other Imps kill the white one. Wasn't even intentional lol.

For some reasons, the ghastly minions the white imps summon has a chance of turning and ganging up against the white imps.

Also aside from the White Imp iirc, most bosses can switch targets after they get hit by other monsters. If anything, frequently the inverse is true: The bosses can switch targets if damaged by another, but the enemies can't switch towards them as a current target. The best examples are Black Imp and Revenant. On the older versions though, Black Imp can be targeted by other enemies but thanks to their attacks being mostly widescaled and boasts a ton of AoE range, they had to be untargetable.
Machine-Reaper

Post by Machine-Reaper »

the orange cybedemon hardly has a chance of getting an infight....
4thcharacter

Post by 4thcharacter »

Machine-Reaper wrote:the orange cybedemon hardly has a chance of getting an infight....
What are you talking about? If anything it's prone to infighting, and it's their fatal weakness! Leave em' on a field with a ton of monsters mad at it and go do your business. Moments later if the mob is strong or plenty enough, you'll hear it wailing.
Zenon
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Zenon »

Hate to break this to you
but your CH options menu seems to have vanished and I think I know who is responsible
Machine-Reaper

Post by Machine-Reaper »

4thcharacter wrote: What are you talking about? If anything it's prone to infighting, and it's their fatal weakness! Leave em' on a field with a ton of monsters mad at it and go do your business. Moments later if the mob is strong or plenty enough, you'll hear it wailing.
sarcasm passes over your head...

Return to “Gameplay Mods”