Colourful Hell 1.01 fix fix tweak tweak

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

What do with black shotgun spawn?

Poll ended at Fri Feb 19, 2016 7:24 am

keep as they are
No votes
modify a little for ranged options
No votes
Remake the crew for better variance
29%
Remake with focus on the leader as the boss
71%
Rehaul and scrap the concept, make something else shotgunny instead
No votes

Total votes: 7

Dr_Cosmobyte

Re: [WIP]Colourful Hell 0.89 shady shady

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Ain't a bad idea, really. And it's even nicer you know how boring to code it is. Some people think we're machines of some kind. I'm not complaining really. I chose to mod for free to the community because it's a nice hobby. But not everyone has the sense of work put in the things we do.

I never opened FD code to see how it works, but sure is a nice idea.
Yrvyne

Post by Yrvyne »

Truth be told I have some more ideas on CH but, again, I am shy to express them. This is because usually, I try to develop things on my own but I can only do the very simple stuff like basic bash and ahk. It is sort of a hatred of imposing others with creating my ideas. Anyway, thanks for understanding, and kudos if you actually review FD's code and tinker with it to assimilate with CH :D
4thcharacter

Post by 4thcharacter »

I'm going to have to unearth this to ask a little question, but are the Blue Chaingunner's attacks supposed to have no damagetype now? Back then his chaingun-rail attack is bullet-based, now there's nothing. Same goes for his new low-ranged scatter attack. I actually thought that attack was dealing plasma damage.
D3athStalker

Post by D3athStalker »

Hey, just updated the Guncaster Patch to v0.89, enjoy!
mutator

Post by mutator »

D3athStalker wrote:Hey, just updated the Guncaster Patch to v0.89, enjoy!
I had error loading this, is this only working on certain gzdoom versions?
mutator

Post by mutator »

Okay I fixed the problem
TFP

Post by TFP »

mutator wrote:Okay I fixed the problem
And pray tell how did you fixed that since I'm having similar issues with it as well
D3athStalker

Post by D3athStalker »

It works properly for me, I also use the latest developer GZDoom.

Try loading with this order:
Guncaster
Colourful Hell
GC Patch
Hege Cactus

Post by Hege Cactus »

The black archvile after death leaves behind his glowing eyes in latest ZDoom.
Fix'd
I retreated from a fight with red pain elemental, but when I came back, he wasn't there. I couldn't find him anywhere at all. After a while my health began to chip away, also there were some disturbing noises in the background. Is it supposed to be like this or was that a bug?
...That sounds bizarre. You sure you werent just unable to see him?
Hello!
I just want to make a small commentary on Colourful Hell.
I've been playing with it for the past weeks and it has been awesome! I combined it with Trailblazer and I've been having a huge blast! When I think I've seen it all, your mod throws another new boss that makes my jaws drop. Unholy crap, the white spiders things. Insane!!! Did you have all this ideas from scratch or did you made up while it is was developed? Incredible!
I'm going through megawads with your mod and I haven't got tired yet. I always want to play more. So much fun!
Well, that's all. Nice work! Your mod is awesome!
\o/
Glad to know you like it!
I get inspiration for the bosses as I go, lot of em have mechanics I see from other games or think in my head as "hey how would this work in a first person shooter?" and try go with it.
Hello, Hege Cactus! Thank you for the awesome experience Colourful Hell provides. It's been a sister-staple monster mod in my gameplay for quite some time now - coupled with Combined Arms.

As the title implies, the other sibling is Fractal Doom which is my wishful defacto companion to Colourful Hell.

Would you consider assimilating Fractal Doom (or codes and sprites that function on its principle) within Colourful Hell? (This will greatly increase game difficulty which might require balancing adjustments unless monsters and their spawns are coded so as to also attack each other once hit and when not in very close proximity of doomguy.)

I am aware that a considerable amount of hours' worth of work is required, however, I lack the technical skill and expertise to achieve such a combination. Hence, after much contemplation, I made up my mind to ask you directly.

Having Fractal Doom's assimilation toggled off by default would keep the original Colourfull Hell experience intact.

Thanks a million for reading my suggestion.
I have no plans for such thing I'm afraid. As hilarious as the concept could be.
I'm going to have to unearth this to ask a little question, but are the Blue Chaingunner's attacks supposed to have no damagetype now? Back then his chaingun-rail attack is bullet-based, now there's nothing. Same goes for his new low-ranged scatter attack. I actually thought that attack was dealing plasma damage.
I have no idea what happened there, I dont recall having a damagetype set for it originally either.
Railguns are odd

Version 0.90 is up!

This time I have a small overhaul in the progress, starting with better gibs, with Nash's gore pack + Yholl's help.
For some time I had kinda post poned gibbing a lot, but then it really struck me when I was told biggest reason for em; Makes powerful guns more enjoyable!
So, I decided to go for it.

All zombies, Imps, normal demons, revenants, Caco's(preexcisting improved a little) and Pain Elementals now have a extreme death for your gibbing pleasure
Some monsters also have small chance to drop silly gibs

I am also continuing the polish up with improving monster translations as I go.

And for the new boss of this patch;
White Vile is in. Get terror.

Full notes;
Spoiler:
Spaceman333

Re: [WIP]Colourful Hell 0.90 terror and gibs

Post by Spaceman333 »

Can larger monsters gib too? (barons, fatsos, spiders, bosses, etc)
4thcharacter

Post by 4thcharacter »

Hege Cactus wrote:
4thcharacter wrote:I'm going to have to unearth this to ask a little question, but are the Blue Chaingunner's attacks supposed to have no damagetype now? Back then his chaingun-rail attack is bullet-based, now there's nothing. Same goes for his new low-ranged scatter attack. I actually thought that attack was dealing plasma damage.
I have no idea what happened there, I dont recall having a damagetype set for it originally either.
Railguns are odd

Railguns' damagetype are set to Bullet by default, courtesy of DoomRL's magic.

Also, yeah, new version! Tested it earlier and going to test it some more, especially that White Archvile since I'm making a personal guide that I'll send off to some select few people.
Hege Cactus

Post by Hege Cactus »

Spaceman333 wrote:Can larger monsters gib too? (barons, fatsos, spiders, bosses, etc)
Not yet, Fatsos have had seperated deaths for a while tho, but I will aim to improve it soon.
I'll aim to add HK & Barons gibbing, spider gibs, fatso improvement and cybie gibbing in the next patch, I am unsure on spidermastermind tho.

Black & white tier bosses dont have gibbing and probably won't cause they are powerful enough that killing them alone should be satisfying enough.
Railguns' damagetype are set to Bullet by default, courtesy of DoomRL's magic.
Oh.
dljosef

Post by dljosef »

Huh, so that guess for the White archvile wasn't too far off. All that's left are the white baron, white cybie, and white Spiderdemon...

Speaking of which, you think you'd mind me writing a bestiary like I did for the Hard Doom mod?
4thcharacter

Post by 4thcharacter »

dljosef wrote:Huh, so that guess for the White archvile wasn't too far off. All that's left are the white baron, white cybie, and white Spiderdemon...

Speaking of which, you think you'd mind me writing a bestiary like I did for the Hard Doom mod?

I'm actually writing my own complete with some tidbits like damagetypes and notable item drops. And most importantly, strategy. But the progress has been slowed down lately. I'm now on the Mancubus group. Also, that guide is heavily related to DoomRL and a personal project of mine.
dljosef

Post by dljosef »

4thcharacter wrote:I'm actually writing my own complete with some tidbits like damagetypes and notable item drops. And most importantly, strategy. But the progress has been slowed down lately. I'm now on the Mancubus group. Also, that guide is heavily related to DoomRL and a personal project of mine.
Well then. I'm working on one more related to Legendoom and the Omni-shield minimod.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”